Any users on this forum who were kids during the 90's years?

Started by Redwallfan7, August 16, 2012, 11:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

Disney Afternoon - Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin  ;D  Cartoon Network didn't exist.  Nick never interested me.

Meeko is awesome....and to think some were disappointed when he didn't talk!  ::)

I'm trying to think if there's anything else I distinctly remember from the 90s....
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lily

Quote from: Lutra on August 17, 2012, 03:02:41 AM
I'm trying to think if there's anything else I distinctly remember from the 90s....
Snap bands? Furbys? Tamagotchi? Power Rangers? Care Bears? I think my brain is about to explode from nostalgia overload.

We never had cable TV when I was growing up, it was something reserved for rich people. I used to get up early on Saturday mornings and watch Saturday Disney.

Matthias720

I was, and always will be, a product of the 90's. Where to begin? Well as far as TV goes, that's when shows had a point, rather than being just entertainment. My favorites were Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?, Bill Nye, Recess, and of course, Redwall. As for movies, Toy Story was a big deal when it first came out, and we quickly went to all-CGI movies shortly after (oh the fall of 2D animation :'(). Computer games were rapidly developing into a strong market. I absolutely loved all the classic LEGO games (LEGO Island I and II, Rock Raiders, Chess, Loco, LEGOLAND, and Alpha Team), and the CD-ROM games that sometimes even came in cereal boxes were cool, too!

That's all I can think of at the moment. If you give me a chance to go watch some 90's commercials, I may be able to remember more. :P

Flandor

Quote from: Matthias720 on August 17, 2012, 03:10:28 PM
I was, and always will be, a product of the 90's. Where to begin? Well as far as TV goes, that's when shows had a point, rather than being just entertainment. My favorites were Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?, Bill Nye, Recess, and of course, Redwall. As for movies, Toy Story was a big deal when it first came out, and we quickly went to all-CGI movies shortly after (oh the fall of 2D animation :'(). Computer games were rapidly developing into a strong market. I absolutely loved all the classic LEGO games (LEGO Island I and II, Rock Raiders, Chess, Loco, LEGOLAND, and Alpha Team), and the CD-ROM games that sometimes even came in cereal boxes were cool, too!

That's all I can think of at the moment. If you give me a chance to go watch some 90's commercials, I may be able to remember more. :P

Ooh, I loved those Lego PC games! I had Chess, Creator and Rock Raiders.  I played the chess one all the time.  My dad is a database engineer so we had PC's as soon as they came on the market, essentially, so old computer games are something I'm very fond of.  I had one called "Pop, the balloon dog" that was a favorite, some Land Before Time games (which I also LOVED.  I was obsessed with dinosaurs.), and some others.

Bill Nye is THE MAN.  He was the best TV show host.  When I was a young kid, I watched a lot of PBS because we were broke and didn't have even basic cable.  Lots of Sesame Street, classic Barney, Arthur etc.   When we got Nick, I liked Little Bear, Papa Beaver's Story Time, Rupert, Allegra's Window... so much nostalgia haha.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Matthias720

Flandor

"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Here's more things that I've found out my older siblings liked during the 90's

Looney Tunes

Tail Spin

Game Boy
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Looney Tunes?!?!?!  What's up, doc?
  Hmm... now that I think of that phrase, that might be where they got "Wazzup, dawg?"  I've always wanted to just say "The sky" whenever they ask me that.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

UNKN0WN

Quote from: Eustace Scrubb on August 17, 2012, 01:16:06 AM
I remember watching Nicktoons like Dexter and Powerpuff Girls (were they Nicktoons?).  I also have two boxes filled with VHS movies like The Little Mermaid that I can't watch anymore because I don't have a VHS player anymore  :'(.

you still can buy VHS players

Firehawke

Quote from: Flandor on August 17, 2012, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: Matthias720 on August 17, 2012, 03:10:28 PM

Ooh, I loved those Lego PC games! I had Chess, Creator and Rock Raiders.  I played the chess one all the time.  My dad is a database engineer so we had PC's as soon as they came on the market, essentially, so old computer games are something I'm very fond of.  I had one called "Pop, the balloon dog" that was a favorite, some Land Before Time games (which I also LOVED.  I was obsessed with dinosaurs.), and some others.

Bill Nye is THE MAN.  He was the best TV show host.  When I was a young kid, I watched a lot of PBS because we were broke and didn't have even basic cable.  Lots of Sesame Street, classic Barney, Arthur etc.   When we got Nick, I liked Little Bear, Papa Beaver's Story Time, Rupert, Allegra's Window... so much nostalgia haha.

I LOVE Bill Nye the Science Guy!!!  Beakman's World was a pretty good science show, too.  And Science Court!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

UNKN0WN

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

Dawnwing

I was born in '92, so I remember a lot of the 90s. 

TV shows: I remember watching Animaniacs, Huggabug Club, and The Big Comfy Couch when I was little.  There was also a show called Zoom when I was about five? that I liked a lot too.  As I grew older, there was Arthur and Recess, and I remember when Pokemon hit in 1998. My second grade class was so obsessed.  xD  There were actually quite a few good shows on at that time - the Redwall tv show (though my dad made me stop watching it at episode 4 when Warbeak was talking about killing Matthias), Pokemon, and on Saturday mornings, Generation O! and Cardcaptors.

Also, I remember having only about 10 TV channels.  So different from today.  xD

As far as toys... who remembers Furby?  I remember when those came out.  Apparently they're relaunching them soon.

Redwallfan7

I watched Zoom all the time when I was younger. I never actually did any of the activities on the show though. Well, except for this one time I tried making a drum that they showed. It didn't exactly turn out right :P
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers