News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mask

Spoiler
I simply hate Captain America. He's too perfect. Just because he's Captain America doesn't mean he has to be amazing and perfect at everything.
[close]
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Søren

Quote from: The Mask on May 08, 2015, 11:30:38 PM
Spoiler
I simply hate Captain America. He's too perfect. Just because he's Captain America doesn't mean he has to be amazing and perfect at everything.
[close]
Spoiler
The fact that he's American doesn't matter to me. I like him best because he has the morality and courage that Stark doesn't have, yet he's still cool. Thor does have that, but I don't like Asgard. (Or the whole goldy-locks thing he has).
[close]
WARNING, Age of Ultron
One of my favorite quotes:
Hawkeye:
"The city is flying, and there's a robot army out there, and I have a bow and arrow. This makes no sense"
[close]

I'm retired from the forum

Gonff the Mousethief

@Soren
That was just such a perfect quote. That is kind how I feel when people start talking about their new gone, and I just restrung my old recurve bow.  :D
[close]

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Banya

Age of Ultron
The lines that made me laugh the hardest:

Ironman: "Guys, lets talk about this."
*shoots everyone*
Ironman: "That was a good talk!"
Injured Guard: "No it wasn't!"

Natasha: "Thor, report on the Hulk."
Thor: "The gates of hell are filled with the screams of his victims!"

Fury (about Ultron): "The guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit."
Someone somewhere was probably offended by that, but it's a clever and hilarious observation.
[close]

Hidden
Cap is my favourite Avenger because he stands for the things I believe in: honesty, loyalty, humility, and morality.  It's important to remember that he was created to increase patriotism and support for American troops during the Second World War, so naturally, he was designed to be "perfect."  He has flaws, but he is also used by the MCU as the antithesis of the arrogant and sly though inherently good Tony Stark, and the increasing discord between them will come to a climax in a year with Captain America: Civil War.  One of my favourite characters from the MCU is Howard Stark, who falls in between Steve and Tony.
[close]
[/font]

The Mask

Has anyone not seen the movie? Do we need to keep posting in spoilers?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Hickory

Ok, let me get this straight: Agent Coulson died, right?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on May 14, 2015, 02:43:22 PM
Ok, let me get this straight: Agent Coulson died, right?
No. The TAHITI program brought him back.
Speaking of that...
Agents of SHIELD Season 2 Finale
I refuse to belive Simmons is actually dead. She can't be! She's too important to the show! Maybe that rock has her incased or something.
And I totally saw Riana dying comeing.
Who else is mad Coulson doesn't have a left hand?
I'm glad Gonzalez is dead.
Ward just needs to die already.
[close]

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Eulaliaaa!

So, I saw Age of Ultron again today, and there's something that I still can't understand

Age of Ultron

Why did Quicksilver die? When they were in Wakanda (however you spell it, it was with that one guy. I don't know his name, but Ultron cut off his arm), Quicksilver dodged the bullet he fired and put it back on the desk. Or at least, they made it look like he did. When Hawkeye fired the bullet past him, he was able to watch it go through the air. But when Quicksilver saves Hawkeye, couldn't he have just moved all the bullets out of the way? For some reason, that really bugs me.
[close]
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

First off,
Spoiler
When he put the bullets on the desk he had actually taken them from the gun. Not from midair. :P
[close]

Eulaliaaa!

what?
Wait, how do you know that? Because the guy fired the gun, and then Quicksilver put a bullet on the desk. It looked like he took it from midair. Did the guy just have a bad aim? And how did Quicksilver get the bullets from the gun while or before it was shot?
[close]
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Spoiler
Didn't you see the row of bullets?
[close]

Eulaliaaa!

Spoiler
Well, yeah, but I don't see how that changes things...
[close]

Jetthebinturong

Spoiler
I don't see how people don't understand this. Quicksilver couldn't dodge the bullets because he was running into their path. He intended to die. And yes he took the bullets from the gun, not the air.
[close]
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Spoiler
Hawkeye was behind the car, right? Be cause if Quicksilver had just sheilded them w/ his body, the minigun rounds are shot so hard and quick that, by right, they shoulda gone right through him. And they did.
[close]