yes
5 (12.8%)
no
25 (64.1%)
maybe
9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Coobreedan

Aye, that means they are acknowledged by Redwall creatures meaning they could be in Mossflower somewhere or in surrounding area.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Blademaster

If he put in a dog what would the breed be that is the question. :D
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

KaiTheDog

Quote from: Blademaster on December 11, 2011, 07:44:38 PM
If he put in a dog what would the breed be that is the question. :D

Any breed would work, I suppose. Personally I think medium sizes or terriers would be best suited for the role, whatever that may have been. Though in all honesty any breed would work, and I think it would have been really cool to see a warrior mouse team up with a rottweiler to take on a vermin onslaught.

DanielofRedwall

If the breed was the question (as I've already said, I don't think he should have put dogs in), it would probably be an English breed, like a Yorkshire Terrier or Shetland Sheepdog to keep with the theme.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias Martin

well tech. he  did put dogs in. foxes are part of the dog family and there was the dead wolf in The bellmaker. but that is if you want to consider them as dogs which in early history they were most likly the first dogs ever walk alongside man.

Skarlath

Quote from: rakkety tam on November 30, 2011, 09:18:50 PM
well wolverines are way bigger than most dogs yet he put that in rakkety tam
I've always assumed that size didn't matter in the Redwall world.
Give 'em blood and vinegar!

Skipper

Quote from: Matthias Martin on December 23, 2011, 03:35:07 PM
well tech. he  did put dogs in. foxes are part of the dog family and there was the dead wolf in The bellmaker. but that is if you want to consider them as dogs which in early history they were most likly the first dogs ever walk alongside man.
yes they are part of the dog family but they're not dogs

Gears

I dont know why, i just hate the idea of any added animals to redwall.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Melody

BadgerLordFiredrake

A german shephard vs. a badger lord.  That would be epic.
baby turtle forever

redwallgurl

i dont think so because we know dogs personality a bit if youy have one and the rest of the animals you didint know the personality so he made his own otherwise he would have to put in what other people would thinik to
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Bragoon

I disagree with that statement.  Hardly any of the animals in Redwall stories are very uncommon critters.  Wildcats, foxes, and squirrels are quite common where I live, otters and hedgehogs aren't terribly hard to find, people keep mice, ferrets, and even hamsters (Mokug, anyone?) as pets, etc.  It's not just because dogs are such common pets.  The wolf that Urgan Nagru found dead was a huge animal, so a dog would naturally be very large and out-of-place in Redwall. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

redwallgurl

u r right i guess i diidnt think about that. but you know some animals were shrunk and grown but the only things dogs can do as a help would be scenting but already some beasts do htat and dogs can run but hares do that so it would be pppointless for a dog since it can't help or add things to a group
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwaller

Redwallfan7

That would have been neat. I love dogs! Like Jack Russels or German Shepherds.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers