Constance and Orlando: an untold fate.

Started by mattimouse20, January 09, 2012, 05:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

if you could spend one day with matthias the warrior, how would you spend it?

go around bugging the abbot.
1 (3.6%)
have a sword fight.
13 (46.4%)
challenge Basil to an eating contest.
4 (14.3%)
climb trees and eat apples
6 (21.4%)
go and kick cluny's butt!
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

mattimouse20

At the end of "Mattimeo", we learn that Constance and Orlando the badger become quick friends. we also learn that Constance goes on to train Auma as the new mother of Redwall. However, the book never mentions if Constance and Orlando ever become a couple and start a family.
just wait until I make my daring escape!

winifred

that could become a good fan fic! ;) I like it. I wish they did start a family! :-[
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Skipper

well Orlando went to Salamandaston while constance stayed to mentor Auma so i can confidently say they didnt start a family

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Icefire

Quote from: Skipper on January 09, 2012, 06:29:51 PM
well Orlando went to Salamandaston while constance stayed to mentor Auma so i can confidently say they didnt start a family
Thank you! I'm not sure why so many people I talk to ask about this. It's not really that much of a mystery!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Melody

I say that Constance was more of a grandmother to Auma and maybe treated orlando like her son........just saying.

mattimouse20

constance walks in on auma slacking on her chores and says' AUMA! YOU better do those dishes! i'm getting veeeeeery angry! and you won't like me when i'm angry!!(hulk reference).
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Ciaran Galedeep

i don't know if would kick cluny's but... but i may ask him if I should give him a ring!

Dannflower Reguba

I picked climb trees because then I could hang out woth Jess and Sam! (the squiddels)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Osu

What's with the off topic poll?

I don't think there was ever a potential for romance betwixt Constance and Orlando, but if somebody writes that fanfic, you can bet your bally boots I'll read it.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Dannflower Reguba

That would make a very nice fanfic... And I can't believe I actually didn't notice how off topic that pole is! hahaha!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

Topic. I think that Orlando and Constance both went to Salamandastron. I mean why would Orlando leave behind someone he loved?

Bragoon

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Skipper

Quote from: MatthiasMan on May 10, 2012, 10:47:48 PM
Topic. I think that Orlando and Constance both went to Salamandastron. I mean why would Orlando leave behind someone he loved?

I agree with Bagoon, I think it says Constance stayed to mentor Auma which makes perfect sense. I don't think they had anything special between them, she probably thought of him as her son at the most.

WildDoogyPlumm

Just because they spend a lot of time together doesn't mean they're in love or anything.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy