Pearls of Lutra question

Started by Redwallfan7, March 17, 2012, 01:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I know the Redwall series is more about war and action than romance, but I have one question are Grath and Inbar in love I think they are I love otter couples, or are they just friends?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

well if grath is staying with inbar than her friends then she must like him alot. they were also in love always talking to eachother and giving hints and such
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwallfan7

That's what I figured, cuz Brian didn't write it out directly but he gave hints on it.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

yeah it happened to me before so thats how i knew

Redwallfan7

Wolfstar

I thought at first that Martin 2 knew they liked each other, so thats why he dropped them off at that place. (sorry, been a long time since I read it.)
Happy and kind.

Bragoon

My guess is that yes, they do marry, but Mr. Jacques specifically avoided writing about most relationships, partly due to the target audience of his books and partly to help him avoid any religious implications.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Lutra

Even "marriage" as a whole is avoided in Redwall.  We don't hear of any weddings or anything...the relationship just sort of happens.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ceteruler

yeah. The Taggerung's mom is one of the few pregnant creatures ever mentioned.

Bragoon

It says specifically that Mattimeo and Tess were married at the end of Mattimeo, and that Pasque and Tammo were married at the end of The Long Patrol.  I think it says something about Matthias and Cornflower at the end of Redwall, but I can't recall for sure.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwallfan7

Oh yeah.... I think it did mention that...

Dannflower Reguba

Well... Lutra to Jaques's habits to Redwall, and Mattimeo. Where next? Liverpool? Anybody else wonder about Song and Danflor in Marlfox? Personally I think they should have married in the book. Thoughts Anyone?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

I think it's fine as it turned out.  It would have been a nice touch for them to be married, but as is, I think it's an equally nice, warm-feeling assumption that they just lived out the rest of their lives as very good friends. 

redwallgurl

also what annoys me now is that if you are best friends with a person with the other sex everyone would assume that you love eachother. i hate that. brian thankfully didnt point that out because that would annoy me and make the redwall books more romantic

Redwallfan7

Well I just like to see characters in love I love the action in Redwall don't get me wrong, I just like both love and action