Rose (yes, Rose again): Did she actually die?

Started by Dannflower Reguba, July 10, 2012, 04:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:P

6 (54.5%)
5 (45.5%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Tiria Wildlough

Of course she died. Have you ever seen how big a stoat is compared to a mouse? Also, like Flandor said, bumping your head the wrong way can kill you.
She might have been in a coma, but you probaby wouldn't survive a coma unless you had proper medical treatment. Rose didn't, so she died.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

She died.  Accept it. And even if she survived her injuries, then from getting old.  A LOT of time has passed in Redwall after Rose and Martin lived.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Skipper

And she could had died earlier due to her injuries.

Dannflower Reguba

And she could have, and she could have.... I could come up with my own long list of reasons of how she survived... I'd say this is more a matter of perspective than anything else.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

Dannflower Reguba

I don't have the time for it right now..... Maybe later.
(I have to mulch. yech!)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Felldoh154

Brian does says she died, through the words of Martin. Also, what would he have kept her alive for? She was never seen alive in any other books, there is simply no reason to say she lived.

Also hitting your head can EASILY kill you, I know a girl that slipped in the shower, hit her head and died.

Dannflower Reguba

I want a quote from the book itself. It never, through the narrators point of view said she was dead.

Rainshadow

I don't know if anyone else has had this thought and posted it, but have you ever thought about what would have happened if Rose hadn't died?  Martin would have never left, he would have never been to Mossflower, he wouldn't have saved the woodlanders, Redwall wouldn't have been built, he wouldn't have gotten a new sword that was kept for centuries, and so much more!  The legend would have ended!  So, I know this might sound wrong, but I'm glad Rose died.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

AbbotAlf0805

uh.. hello! Have you ever read the fanfic, If Rose had lived?!
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 14, 2012, 02:04:06 AM
  I don't know if anyone else has had this thought and posted it, but have you ever thought about what would have happened if Rose hadn't died?  Martin would have never left, he would have never been to Mossflower, he wouldn't have saved the woodlanders, Redwall wouldn't have been built, he wouldn't have gotten a new sword that was kept for centuries, and so much more!  The legend would have ended!  So, I know this might sound wrong, but I'm glad Rose died.

Well that's mean... Know what you mean (go figure) but seriously. She could have gone too Martin AFTER all the events took place, simple solution.

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

W0NWILL

I already shared this with you, damflorreguba, but for all you Rose didn't die fans, take a look and see:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3817978/1/A_Mask_and_a_Song

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3868656/1/Winters_Flowers

I did not write either of these!