News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Vitch's background ideas

Started by AbbotAlf0805, July 12, 2012, 10:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbotAlf0805

Like I said on my first post I don't care if two Redwall fans disagree. I just want your ideas on Vitch's past.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

psybox

then i don't think it was vitch, i feel as though vitch was an adult, and was just unusually small, i'm going to look it up.

AbbotAlf0805

Ok then. I think that Vitch was a kid.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Flandor

I wasn't disagreeing, I was stating a fact.  Any idea of Vitch being Cluny's son is pure fan speculation because there is nothing in the books to back it up.  I just meant that you shouldn't state it as fact even if it said so on some random site.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

AbbotAlf0805

Well all opinions are different.

Flandor

It's not an opinion... I give up.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

AbbotAlf0805

Ok whatever. I also read something on a different site that said that the reason Cluny was so demented was because his wife died.

Tiria Wildlough

Maybe more people would believe you if you said the names of these sites.
Anyway, Flandor's right. Vitch isn't Cluny's son because there is nothing in the books that says so. People can write fanfictions about it and stuff, but fanfiction is about what might have happened.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

AbbotAlf0805

Ok then. Thanks Tiria that was the same thing they said but you made it sound not as.. uh.. offensive. But I belive that Vitch is Cluny's son. I just wanted your guy's input on this. Mods you can close this now. *sigh*

Tiria Wildlough

I don't think they were offensive.
I'm not a hipster.

AbbotAlf0805

Well I put a lot of my free time in that research.

Tiria Wildlough

Well, we all have opinions. Sorry that you researched all of that for nothing.
I'm not a hipster.

AbbotAlf0805

Bragoon

I think it's great that people get involved and spend a lot of time researching things they like.  But it's important to be mindful of the information you're taking in, and to compare facts with multiple places.  It's also good to remember that the best place to look for that sort of information is the books themselves, and since we have that valuable resource available to us, we should make use of it and check our fact against the book first.

For instance, let's say someone says "Nimbalo the Slayer became a snowpea farmer in the Northern Mountains after Deyna settled down in Redwall."
Then someone else says "Hey that's cool, I think I'll spread this around a bit."  Let's face it, as cool as that may be, it's not very likely that Nimbalo moved to the Northern Mountains to grow snowpeas, and the book says nothing about it.  It can be easy to not word something very well and accidentally (or intentionally) start convincing people of things that aren't true, so we should always check our facts against trusted resources. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

AbbotAlf0805

I get that but if Brian never said that it didn't happen or it did happen it happens in my mind.