News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Vitch's background ideas

Started by AbbotAlf0805, July 12, 2012, 10:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 13, 2012, 01:09:20 AM
Maybe more people would believe you if you said the names of these sites.
Anyway, Flandor's right. Vitch isn't Cluny's son because there is nothing in the books that says so. People can write fanfictions about it and stuff, but fanfiction is about what might have happened.

Ahhh, but there is nothing that said he ISN'T... I personally doubt it... But it IS still on the table.

Quote from: AbbotAlf0805 on July 13, 2012, 03:20:14 AM
I get that but if Brian never said that it didn't happen or it did happen it happens in my mind.

HAHAHA! That is soooo my take on Roses' apparent, "Death," as everyone else fills in the blank... I'm optimistic on this point and fill n the blank with life.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

AbbotAlf0805

I agree with Dann (thank the seasons we agree on somthing!) if Brian never said anything about it then it's up to the fans.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Felldoh154

Not really, Brian never said cluny the scourge wasn't the son of superman. Does that mean i can claim he is? And I certainly doubt he would like to portray his character like that. Also you can't say its "up to the fans" because it certainly isn't, he wrote the books not us :)

Sorry if that's offensive to you, that's just my take :)

AbbotAlf0805

I'm still with dann on the rose thing if he's with me.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Felldoh154

You cant just fill in the blanks like that, Brian obviously never meant for them to be filled in by fans. While yes, these things are possible they are laughably improbable.

Sorry if that was mean! I just strongly disagree.

Dannflower Reguba

Jaques was all about imagination. The home page on this very site says that we can go anywhere in our imagination (quote from Jaques himself). I'll bet he would like us to fill in the blanks. The books were the basework of the story, you have to finish it yourself.

P.S. Abbot. I will NEVER beleive that Rose died... Never.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

AbbotAlf0805

Rainshadow

I think that it would be interesting if Cluny had married somebeast that wasn't a rat so that Vitch could be a hybrid.  Maybe a wildcat?  That would be interesting.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

AbbotAlf0805

Please don't post on this unless you want to build off this idea. Not destroy it.

I think that he married a mouse. (Fans beat me to death) That would explain Vitch's size.

Rainshadow

Hmm, interesting.  A mat?  Rouse?  Lol!  Vitch should have a very troubled background, I mean, just think about it!  He had a maniac father, and I don't know, I think I would be troubled if my dad just started killing helpless people.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

AbbotAlf0805

Well I read somthing that said the thing that made Cluny snap was his wife dieing.

Rainshadow

I can understand that.  So, Vitch could have a very troubled background.  No mother, crazy father.  I could easily see Vitch snapping because of that, too.  What would be an interesting twist is like, if he's supposed to be the bad guy, you could have him turn good because of the mouse blood in him.  His mother could have been good, and who knows?  Cluny could have been good before his mate died.

AbbotAlf0805

I thought that too. Plus I saw several pics of a so called, "Son of the Scourge" but that probaly has nothing to do with this.

MODIFIED

Holy bad stuff! Rainshadow PM me!!!!!!

Rainshadow

Ummm... for what reason?  And why are you freaking out lol?

Flandor

Ok, I can buy Vitch being Cluny's son (maybe).  It's not canon and wasn't ever mentioned in the books, but it's a little plausible.  Frankly if it was true, I think it would've been mentioned.

But I gotta put my foot down at the hybrid idea.  Mice can't mate with rats, end of story.  The only instance of a hybrid in Redwall is the Wearet, and both of them were deformed monsters.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer