News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

oh matti.

Started by xxmpxx, August 01, 2012, 07:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxmpxx

OK so I'm semi new to the series so call me out if I'm wrong but did mattimeo ever really do anything? i mean besides get kidnapped? and later on have a kid? i would have really liked to see him do something in an older version that showed a little more character development.

Redwallfan7

I agree, I would have liked to see him do more.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

He beat the tobacco juice out of Vitch, and did numerous other things I'm a little to lazy to go look up at the moment.  :) I haven't read that one in awhile so I don't remember much besides he DID do some stuff.  :) Hope that helps. (and welcome to the Forums!)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 01, 2012, 08:21:33 PM
He beat the tobacco juice out of Vitch, and did numerous other things I'm a little to lazy to go look up at the moment.  :) I haven't read that one in awhile so I don't remember much besides he DID do some stuff.  :) Hope that helps. (and welcome to the Forums!)
Oh yes, I forgot about the conflict between Matti and Vitch. That was good, Vitch was really rude and conceited in my opinion. Didn't Mattimeo also lead others in a battle, or am I imagining things?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

xxmpxx

Yeah but i feel like a book named after him should have been mostly about him. It was basically split in thirds between him and the other kids, Matthias basil and others trying to find him, and what was happening back at the abbey. I mean it might just be prejudice cuz i never really liked him all that much, maybe cuz he was such a brat when he was a kid. but then again weren't we all at that age?

Redwallfan7

Quote from: xxmpxx on August 01, 2012, 08:45:03 PM
Yeah but i feel like a book named after him should have been mostly about him. It was basically split in thirds between him and the other kids, Matthias basil and others trying to find him, and what was happening back at the abbey. I mean it might just be prejudice cuz i never really liked him all that much, maybe cuz he was such a brat when he was a kid. but then again weren't we all at that age?

Redwall and Mattimeo aren't necessarily bad books in my opinion, but their weak in their seams, when it comes down to it. Matimeo was very immature in my book.

xxmpxx

yeah but he was like 8. that was basically the point of the story, to show him mature. Still i would have like to see what he did later on.