News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Bats (The animal, not sporting equipment)

Started by Matthias720, July 21, 2011, 03:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

We haven't heard too much about bats on the forum yet. Friendly, dark-dwelling, flying mammals that speak with a curious speech pattern, speech pattern. They don't pop up too much in the series, so our knowledge of them is somewhat limited.

Thoughts?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

*wipes forehead*
Glad the beavers don't have this place, I was worried for a second

I like the flying mice. They're secluded, very bat-like, and make a good species for the series.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

martins#1fan

Bats are cool and all, but I'm surprised Brian didn't put FLYING SQUIRRELS in the series. If he did, I don't know about them.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Captain Tammo

Bats never really played significant roles in the series. I wish there was a bat army that attacked by night, forcing travelers to stay on constant alert!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Redwall Musician

There are bats in Rogue Crew. I don't think they talked though.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Osu

The bats in The Rogue Crew talked, but they didn't play a terribly large role. Just gave the otters 'n' hares a rope right when they needed it. And Nubbs Miggory a lovely new nickname for punching the lights outta that snake. ;)

I adore the bats. Seeing them in battle would be interesting - say, an epic fight between good and evil and just when all seems lost - TA DA! - a horde of bats fly in from out of the darkness and decide the winner! :D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Gonff

I love the bats in Mossflower and anywhere else they showed up.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

W0NWILL

I'm writing a fan fiction where a bat plays a somewhat major part, he fights.

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Redwallfan7

I dislike bats. It's creepy how they flutter around. When I went to Disney World at 7 years old, I cringed at the bats section.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

well the bats are usually put as goood creatures with yet another form of dialect
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Dannflower Reguba

But they never do much of anything... Can't fight either.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

I personally thought that the bats were boring.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.