See topic.

Yes
69 (90.8%)
No
7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

One-Eye the wildcat

I root for the villain all the time.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Jack the Quick

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on August 19, 2019, 05:29:42 AM
And because said blinking hares are the best so *easily* I feel no need to throw my support behind them. In contrast to say... Dingeye and Thura- who were smart enough to think they could get into Redwall... by posing as moles.
Oh yes
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Sanddunes

I root for them because I want them to win once an awhile

PanopticEmu

discord: PanopticEmu#0001

Luftwaffles

Yes, as a matter of fact I do root for the so-called bad guys, even though I know they are gonna lose in the end.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

MeadowR

Not so much rooting for them... or maybe a little ;), but would have liked to have seen a couple of the villains actually get in to Redwall and appear to be winning for a bit, settling in the abbey and using the Redwallers to cook, clean, make their clothes, etc. for them. Actually came up with a fanfic in my head regarding this. Might well write some of it down soon.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Dannflower Reguba

On that note, wouldn't a lot of the villains have made at least some notable headway? Cluny obviously
Cluny
took the Abbey (briefly, but rather convincingly)
[close]

Slagar
Slagar
made off with a bunch of Redwall children (successfully selling them off)
[close]

Ungatt Trun
Ungatt
Took and held Salamandastron for an extended period of time, only defeated by a full-blown badger
[close]

Verdauga Greeneyes
Verdauga
held total control over Mossflower, only lost by Tsarmina at the very end of the book
[close]

Urgan Nagru
Puppie$lyer69Xx
took castle Floret, only ousted by the overwhelming Sue that is Mariel
[close]

And this isn't even dealing with the fact that some books just took place in weird, vermin held locations (See: Pearls of Lutra, High Rhulain, and Mariel of Redwall). I do get the sentiment/desire for the vermin to put up a better fight at times (and would also liked to have seen more back & forth myself), but one must understand that this series WAS written with children in mind. A lot of the moral presentation was made rather simple, and the endings essentially had to be mostly happy (not to mention, it makes the books a reliable way to enjoy a fantasy story that you don't have to worry TOO much about having your heart crushed.... most of the time). All things considered, I think the books filled the space they were meant for very well, but leaves us a tad wanting as we've grown and come to desire a bit more balance in our reading and writing. Unfortunate in some ways, but as is clearly seen by the activity and variance of age on this forum, not enough to turn us away in the end.

A bit more inline with the title however, I kinda liked Klitch to be honest, he struck me as a bit... different. He seemed more competent than average, but wasn't too overly proud if I recall? He also did a pretty solid job
Spoiler
inside Salamandastron
[close]
from what I remember.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Sebias of Redwall

Who did y'all root for in Pearls of Lutra? I enjoyed the power struggle between the two vermin factions.

But concerning the topic, yeah, a lot. As a general rule, I root for the villains (Especially the less bright ones. Like the two rats in The Long Patrol).
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Roosje

I know most of you are going into shock because i liked clungy the scrounge. I liked his eye patch and his own tail which was his primary weapon in battle.

clunylooney

I rooted for Cluny. He came so close so many times, but he always failed. He tried so hard. Kind of felt bad for him.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Ripred the Gnawer

YES! I am absolutely CRAZY about Zwilt the Shade. I also like Verdauga Greeneyes! What about you guys?
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"

Ripred the Gnawer

Quote from: clunylooney on August 08, 2020, 04:31:29 PM
I rooted for Cluny. He came so close so many times, but he always failed. He tried so hard. Kind of felt bad for him.
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'

Ripred the Gnawer

Cluny the Scourge is also a favorite of mine...
If only the Joseph Bell didn't fall on him. That was a really sad ending. I actually think he looks a little cute (sometimes).

Kade Rivok

Hey there Hazel  ^-^

I've never really understood liking bad guys myself.  Like, if they're conflicted or eventually turn face, that's one thing, but the ones that are just evil (as most Redwall villains tend to be) I can never like.  That's just me though, I suppose. *Shrugs.*

By the way, Hazel, you should head over to the Introduction Topic and introduce yourself!  I'm sure the folks around here would like to welcome you to the forum. 
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!