News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

why did martin pick matthias?

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, December 10, 2013, 03:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

I think he picked him because the mouse who went to redwall in martin the warrior got married then tried to go back noonvale but since urgan nagru was in the southern area they were forced to go north. when Matthias was born cluny was in the north so everybody had to hide. it would be like veil how someone dropped him off at the abbey. but since the mouse in martin the warrior was kin to rose, and Matthias was kin to her, martin decided to pick him. ;)
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Blaggut

Is it ever said that Martin never had children or brothers or cousins? Maybe he's related. Or maybe Brian liked Matt as a character so made Martin choose him to be main character.
~Just a soft space boi~

Tam and Martin

I think Martin knew who Mathias was and knew that he would come and he would be a great warrior, wise etc. So that is why he chose him.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on December 10, 2013, 03:15:45 AM
I think he picked him because the mouse who went to redwall in martin the warrior got married then tried to go back noonvale but since urgan nagru was in the southern area they were forced to go north. when Matthias was born cluny was in the north so everybody had to hide. it would be like veil how someone dropped him off at the abbey. but since the mouse in martin the warrior was kin to rose, and Matthias was kin to her, martin decided to pick him. ;)
Actually, Noonvale is north of Redwall. :)

And as for the reason Martin picked Matthias... maybe Matthias was the only mouse Martin could foresee that would be the most like his own son, supposing he had had one. (I hope that made sense.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

MeadowR

Also he would've liked the idea of another mouse that is kind of coming from nothing (Matthias being an orphan and a bit of an underdog with his clumsiness, etc.) to become something more like Martin had achieved.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ungatt Trunn

I'm not sure that it was a matter of "picking". More like, a matter of destiny.

Life is too short to rush through it.