News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall TV series

Started by Firewall978, November 13, 2011, 01:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like the TV series to continue?

YES!
Restart the series with better animation
No
There was a Redwall TV series????!!!!!!

Skalrag of Marshank

Well, he was big in the book, too. Remember how Matthias fell into his mouth? That couldn't have happened with Tsarmina.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Firewall978

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on November 19, 2011, 05:20:55 PM
Well, he was big in the book, too. Remember how Matthias fell into his mouth? That couldn't have happened with Tsarmina.

I forgot how Matthias fell in his mouth...

You're right. So Tsarmina, her brother Gengivere, and their father Verdauga Greeneyes would have to be much smaller than Squire Julian Gengivere. Did you know that in some language the word Verdauga Means Greeneye. I didn't know that untill I watched an old video of Brian Jacques while he was on tour. Actually it wasn't that old, due to the fact that it was after Doomwyte (the 20th Redwall book) had been published in the US.

winifred

Quote from: Folgrimeo on November 15, 2011, 04:57:15 AM
I know that the changes might really bother us because of how fond we are of the books, but I wasn't offended by them. The one exception is their dedication to avoid showing on-screen deaths. Just seemed silly since they dared to have a dead rat in the first season with blood where an arrow struck him.

I'd love to see a fourth season, preferably in the style of the first three. They showed how to do it right in seasons 2 and 3, which were close (enough) to the books. Even though the third season's my favorite, I have to admit the second season seemed to have a better storyline and there's just no competing with Tim Curry's rendition of Slagar.

As for which book I'd like to see adapted, bring on Taggerung. That'd be significantly different enough from the previous seasons while still packing an emotional punch.

SPOILERS ABOUT THE THIRD SEASON!!:

Regarding the third season, I liked the changes (except that Pallum being female was pretty pointless, and Skalrag being tortured by a feather was unintentionally funny). The romance might be blatant, but I liked them exploring it a little since Martin and Rose had the closest thing the series ever had to romance, plus it spells out for the young viewers why Martin would be so broken up over losing her. Not sure why people don't like Rose getting stabbed to death other than it being different from the book, but I think it's far easier to understand that as "she's dead" than throwing her against a wall. Even in the book I didn't buy the excuse that she died from wall impact. It'd have to be hard enough to break her neck or something, imagine communicating that in the cartoon. A sword seems like a more tame way to go. Best of all was the cartoon's ending, Martin did not say the sycamore line and it was a great idea to play Rose's song as they were leaving just to drive home the sadness even more. As sad as the book's ending is, the cartoon was in a special place to visualize it which makes it worth watching.
I totaly agree I am not a big romance person either but the thing between rose and martin wasnt that bad I actually cried at the end and I memorized the song at the end too.It would be awsome if they made mossflower I always wanted to know what happened between martin the warrior and mossflower.I didnt have a problem with palumm because I didnt know she was a he before???The third season was the best and really stuck to the book and I love clogg when at the end he's talking with the dead skalrag!SOMEONE MAKE A FOURTH SEASON BEFORE I SCREAM!!! :D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Ungatt Trunn

I've seen all three season on YouTube, and I own the first six episodes of season 1. Here's what I think of them:

Season 1- To me, this season isn't really that good. I didn't really like it that they added some of those episodes such as "Cluny's Clowns" and "The Visitor".
I mean, all the contend in some of the episodes don't even happen in the book,
and there not all that good. besides these facts, its still OK.

Season 2- This season to me is alote better than the first season. Nothings added, except for a few charactor lines and three or four scenes. I like it very much, but it isn't my favourite season...

Season 3- I think that this season is wonderful!!! Like season 2, several scenes are changed around, but its still great!!! I actually think that its better than the book, even if some things are changed around! I'd give it a hundred stars if I could (and I bet I can!)! I cant wait until I can buy it!! :)

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwallfan7

Season one: okay

Season two: better

Season three: best
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

AbbotAlf0805

dude it would be awsome if they made mossflower and legned of luke into a season.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Bluefire

Imagine if there was a season for every book! Actually that's too good to be true.. cant get everything in life

Redwallfan7

I think Mossflower and Pearls of Lutra would be awesome for seasons 4 and 5
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

I think most have confirmed that if Season 4 ever came about (unlikely by now) that it would be Mossflower that would've been the next story.  Nelvana already had all the color palettes and drawings of Martin from Season 3 to use, so it could have saved animators some time and money.  Still couldn't get the funding to pull off another story though.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

LOOK WHAT I FOUND.........the mystery to Mossflower if gone........Look at this link.

http://redwall-animation.deviantart.com/
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

I watched the t.v series as a replacement from the Twilight Saga, since I don't like those movies anymore. I want them to do all of my Redwall favorites into a new season

Skyblade

I think they should go on with the TV series but follow the books more closely and not change things that are unneccesary(Pallum's gender) or put in unneccesary parts(Cluny's clowns). Huh, maybe they aren't unneccesary but I wouldn't know.
Of course, going exactly with the book would be boring, but I would want more similar.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Redwallfan7

I found it funny how the battle fields seemed empty in the tv show. In the books, we would see a lot more animals assisting both the goodbeasts and vermin in the battles. Where as in the show, we only see maybe 10 to 12 animals on both sides. The fields just looked empty to me.

redwallgurl

Yeha and there want many gousim
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwallfan7

want many? Lol, you mean weren't many