News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Annoying things about the TV series

Started by W0NWILL, July 28, 2012, 06:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

I found the most annoying parts of the TV series came from the first one based on "Redwall". The whole Wild Ivy and Cluny's Clowns sub-plot- what's up with that?! It didn't add much to the story and just seemed really unneccesary. I would have thought the book was long enough that they didn't have to add extra material to make it fit enough episodes (if that was their thought). I also thought it was a bit strange that, um, the otters weren't wearing any clothes. :P

I thought that they did "Mattimeo" exceptionally well. I like how they seemed to raise the age group it was aimed at and it made it all seem a bit more mature than the first one. It was rated PG in Australia, rather than G. There are also no glaringly obvious differences between the book and show and nothing particularly annoying about it. The most annoying thing from this season would be how they made the Painted Ones look like lemurs. This season was probably my favourite of the three.

"Martin the Warrior" was really good, but there were a few changes which annoyed me. I mean, why did they change Pallum's gender?! And Skalrag, tortured with a feather? Really? His death was very toned down. If they didn't want to show the actual death on screen, couldn't they at least imply how his death was like without making it too intense for kiddies? But, like some others, I didn't mind too much how Rose and Martin's death was portrayed, but Brian did it better.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Stripedog

I'm watching season 1 right now, and I find the characterization of Cornflower to be annoying. She keeps complaining about Matthias and at one point calls him an idiot. This is not the same Cornflower as the one in the book. The book's Cornflower is demure; the TV version is way too feisty.

Myrkin

She is right about him being an idiot at that one scene though. He should have let Jess climb up for Martin's sword, but instead he's trying to do it and almost hurts (if not kills) himself. Besides... She usually complains about him when he forgets to do something he is supposed to do.

Stripedog

Quote from: Myrkin on August 12, 2012, 02:12:23 PM
She is right about him being an idiot at that one scene though. He should have let Jess climb up for Martin's sword, but instead he's trying to do it and almost hurts (if not kills) himself. Besides... She usually complains about him when he forgets to do something he is supposed to do.

True, Matthias is an idiot in the show... unlike in the book. That's another annoying thing.

WarriorOfMossflower

Sam was grey. I don't know why, but that irks me. Sam was grey yet Jess was red. And Sam did not have a large enough role.
Maybe I'm a bit too Silent Sam obsessed, but those are my thoughts
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Lutra on August 11, 2012, 11:16:58 AM
Either that, or there's lots of levees and cracks in the wall we don't know about.
Yeah, but what are the chances of an arrow getting stuck in one? I'll get a screenshot when I can.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.