Redwall TV series

Started by Wydran Riverpaw, June 19, 2011, 04:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hálig

I've been rewatching the series on YouTube; it makes me think about how great Redwall is. :) I quite like the animation, it does help you focus on the story. I can't find the DVDs anywhere :( so I can't buy them. But there's one library in Cape Cod that has them, which is funny. My family rents them every time we go there. :)
Click here to visit my site!

Proud Doctor Who fan!

Martha Braebuck

I still haven't watched them, so I'll try to watch them online if possible.  ;D
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Skalrag of Marshank

You ought to. They've got 'em all on Youtube.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Captain Tammo

Yeah I got the first season of redwall but never watched it. I don't want it to ruin the books. I've waTched them on youtube, but the animations off and it hides all of the violence
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. It's kinda annoying how they just show Druwp's hand when he gets killed. They're going a little over the top. But, then again, if it was too violent they wouldn't let it air.
  ~ Larry Boy

Taggerung_of_Redwall

For the rating it was given, Redwall was pretty violent, at least compared to similar cartoon shows.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. What was it rated again?
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

^ Redwall is rated G for any person.  ;)

For those who are interested in going the extra step after viewing on youtube, a new distributor has recently re-released the entire first season:

http://www.amazon.com/Redwall-Adventure-Begins-Tyrone-Savage/dp/B00330907I/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1312026069&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Redwall-Next-Adventure-Tyrone-Savage/dp/B004L1DB8M/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1312026069&sr=1-2

No more spending big bucks to get the first season.  ;D  Show your support by buying your own copy.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skalrag of Marshank

Thanks! I'll look into it. ;)
  ~ Larry Boy

Log-a-Log

Have reruns of the show ever been on TV?
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

I don't think so. If there were, I would definitely watch them. I think they totally cancelled the show after Martin the Warrior. :'(
  ~ Larry Boy

rachel25

I don't like it. It's to nice redwall has murder, death, sadness. lying, stealing, and all sorts in it.  :-X I started reading the redwalls when I was ten and I did't get them it's only that I'm older that I get them  :-*. I really don't think their for little kids  ::)

Martin the warrior

I started to read them when I was ten and totally loved them. the movies are cool to and stick fairly close to the books.
Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself

Lutra

Quote from: rachel25 on February 16, 2013, 01:02:42 PM
I don't like it. It's to nice redwall has murder, death, sadness. lying, stealing, and all sorts in it.  :-X I started reading the redwalls when I was ten and I did't get them it's only that I'm older that I get them  :-*. I really don't think their for little kids  ::)

Well, they're definitely not as dark as the books, but its not like the TV series was so Disney-fied that you no longer recognize the stories either. ;)  Nelvana got things right in Season 2 and 3 in my opinion.  Do you constantly see blood and gore and death onscreen?  No...but do you need to?  You knew what happened.....
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra