Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Why waz the ability tae change yer zcreen name removed?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Lady Shael

To reduce confusion, mostly. It's hard to keep track of who's who if people are free to change their usernames at any time.

If you really want/need to change your screen name, just send me a PM.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Wot Wot!

So what happened with the "banned from the forum" issue.  Something about anti-spam?  Fancy keeping a hare from a bit of chat and nip and tuck, wot!  Bally well threw me for a loop!
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

The Lady Shael

Sorry again. >.< There's a lot of anti-spam measures we are trying to put in place and unfortunately some innocent members (two mods included) got caught in them too. Definitely will be more careful next time.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

While working to prevent more spam on the forum, Lady S accidentally banned a few members with the same email providers as some of the spambots. She quickly realized what happened and fixed it.

Or at least, that's how I understand it happened.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Some of the spambots' hostnames were the same as some members, effectively banning them along with the offending accounts.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

Let's make a feast for DanielOfRedwall! He didn't eat for 40 hours the other day so he must be pretty hungry!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

If you want to honor the guy, feel free to go and make something informal in Cavern Hole/The Cellars.

Coobreedan

Okay. *Heads over to The Cellars*
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Tiria Wildlough

I was just thinking, why don't we have a registration question for when people sign up? I mean, like a Redwall-related question, to stop spambot. I don't really know much about spambots, but that's just my little idea. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

That's possible with SMF 2.0, which we don't run off of. A mod can work that with our current version, but both can not be implemented by forum administrators, only server administrators.

Dotti

Hi, this is a really minor issue, but do you think someone could add a comma or a colon or something on the bar that says "Redwall Discussion (Beware Spoilers)"  so it doesn't look like we're telling a group of people who tend to mess things up they'd better watch themselves on our forum? Thanks!   
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I don't see your point. Why would different punctuation make it different? At present, the implied meaning is "be on your guard for spoilers". How is that telling people they mess things up?