News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Battles Of Redwall RP Series

Started by Blaggut, November 07, 2014, 07:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poll ending soon-ish.

Redwall, Huge Battle At Salamandestron
3 (60%)
Redwall, Caves Of The Bloodfur
0 (0%)
Redwall, at Redwall
0 (0%)
Redwall, Battle For The Throne Made Of Swords That Not Related Too Game Of Thrones
0 (0%)
Redwall, at The Weasel's Tail Bar (Who doesn't like barfights?!)
2 (40%)
Post-Apoclayptic, Not RedwLl, at Graveyard
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Conrad the Painless

I don't think I'm doing the Thanksgiving RP, but I'm all-for the WWI RP!!!!
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Izeroth

I was thinking we might do a couple ww1-themed battles this month. The war was too large to really define in just one battle.

Conrad the Painless

Yea, that makes more sense. With that kind of war though, there's still a lot of things to consider. Will we be able to use poison gasses such as Mustard Gas or other? Thousands of horses were also used during the war, what would be a good replacement, unless, we don't use them?
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Izeroth

I think we shouldn't use horses. We don't need a replacement, because by the end of the war, most soldiers didn't fight on horseback anyway. We could have soldiers pull the wagons and artillery and stuff.

Mustard gas make sense, as well as fire bombs. Machineguns would certainly be there as well, but you wouldn't be able to carry them, and they'd probably be placed on the trenches.

As for aircraft and tanks, both would play a part, but wouldn't be major forces. Tanks would be there of course, but not in large numbers. Planes would be mainly used to attack other planes and to get information about enemy movements. Both two-seat and one-seat models could be used, with the two-seater having a machinegun in the back.

Conrad the Painless

Izeroth

I'd say it's about time for our ww1 rp. I know we were going to do the fields at lake Hogspine, but 2014 is the hundredth anniversary of ww1, so I think we should do it before the month is out.

Conrad the Painless

Good point, but what's hear what the others have to say.

LT Sandpaw

WW1 lets go trench's and trench coats and trench warfare and trench charging and trench clearing and were going to need a lot of soldiers because one machine gun is going to tear everyone up.   

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Izeroth

Yeah... Machine guns are good at doing that. Fortunately, there are tanks.

Conrad the Painless

Blaggut

Hey guys, been really busy, sorry I haven't been posting. Been delivering a ton of popcorn I sold, but I'll be finished soon.  ;D Once it's morning and my brain isnt muddled I'll post the WWI RP(s). Till' then, any requests of where and what circumstances it should be in? Also, as for a second WWI battle, there will be that. (It will be a WWI dogfight with no clear leaders, I thinks)
~Just a soft space boi~

Izeroth

What about a WW1-style battle set near the beginning of the war? Trenches haven't been dug yet, at least not in length, and the main Vermin forces are fast advancing south, with some allies who are heading north. Hares, otters and the Militia of Mossflower wood come east from Salamandastron to assist the Southsward soldiers, and all the forces meet on some farmland/plains/forest about 150 miles from the Southsward castle.

I thought I would change the list of factions, to make it less real life-ish and more Redwall-ish. There are countless other factions, and I'm sure you could just make another faction if you don't fall in any of these.

Badbeasts:

- The kingdom of Kedrin: (Based it off of Riftgard) Composed of all kinds of vermin, but ruled by Ferrets. This kingdom was once great, but has seen a big loss of power over the years. Its ruler, the viceroy Fraul, hopes to regain some of the prestige Kedrin once enjoyed.
- The Dirich empire: (Unified Germany) Under the leadership of Chancellor Kridt and Emperor Volfhin unified the scattered city-states of the central-east and Northeast unified, forming a powerful new empire.
- The Kingdom of Volesia: (Mediterranean theme) An ancient kingdom in the south, made up mostly of mustelids, but with a few other species. 

Goodbeasts:

- Salamandastron: (England, perhaps) The largest goodbeast faction by far, made up almost entirely of hares.
- Militia of Mossflower country: This group is composed of all the goodbeasts who inhabit Mossflower country.
- Royal Guard of Green Isle: The only real military force Green Isle has, these warriors combine old and new weaponry with expertise.

LT Sandpaw

I think I want to be a good guy for once, so that's what faction I'll be joining.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Blaggut

Ok, I posted it.  ;D

Generals:

Dirich General: LT Sandpaw

Dirichn Officer: Delthion

Militia General: Conrad

Militia Officer: Izeroth

~Just a soft space boi~