An Ocean's Call

Started by Delthion, May 08, 2019, 09:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

Cayden strolled up to the table and sat down across from Foxglove. He didn't have much on his plate, he didn't want to be full if any trouble arose. As he sat he noticed that the otter across from him was having troubles with one of the assigned crewmen. He addressed Toby, "Oi! Where do ya think you will be putting all that scoff? You better be well enough to rise at the crack of dawn tomorrow!"

The Grey Coincidence

Foxglove grimaced and shook his head. This time he did his best fox impression, waving around his malformed tail like a vulpine's bushy one, tugging at his ears until they were pointed. That was 'fox'. Once more he mimed the putting-on of gloves. He emptied his goblet and pointed at it to mean 'lack', then jabbed a paw at his jaw, which he moved up and down. Somebeast ought to have come up with paw-signals...
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Sebias of Redwall

Toby glanced over at the otter who had just sat down at their table.
"A hare could never eat to much flippin' scoff, wot!"
He turned to see the strange otter with a deformed tail making more signs with his paws.
Must not have guessed his name right the first time. Wot, Toby thought to himself.
After watching him carefully, the hare nodded his head. "Ah, I see. Tailear Tugempty...That's...er...I nice name. Wot."
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

This hare was deliberately insulting him. Foxglove decided, as his paws clenched into fists. He removed one of the bracelets and shoved it in his face. A shrew had spotted the fox teeth, surely a hare could too?

Sebias of Redwall

Toby almost had to leap back as the odd otter showed his tooth bracelet into his face.
What is this blinking chap's name!
"Uh... Foxtooth? You know what, maybe I could just call you something simpler like stumpy or Mudfur," the scarred hare joked.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Foxglove had had enough. His entire life somebeast had called him Stumpy- Mudfur he'd never heard before but it made his eye twitch in annoyance- it was partially why he was so proud of the name 'Foxglove Lackjaw'. Siezing the elderberry wine, he up-ended the entire contents of the bottle over this lackwit hare.

Ouroboros

"Be that as it may..." came a voice from behind Cayden as a hare sat beside him, "tonight may be the last for some time that we see food like this."
Like Cayden, Montgomery had worn his finest on the night before the departure of the Fortuitous, though despite the effort that had gone into producing his uniform, the lack of awards left it lacking. Montgomery was aware of this; it tore at him. Wearing a dress uniform with nothing pinned on it may as well have been wearing nothing at all, for the recognition it carried. Subconsciously, the hare felt himself paw at the empty patch of fabric over his chest.
"Let the fellow eat his share; he is a hare, after all.  If he can't pull his weight tomorrow, I imagine the Mate'll ensure he doesn't forget that mistake. If not, let us all make this a night to remember for the right reasons."

Thorne gave a chuckle at the fast escalation of the "conversation" between Foxglove and the new arrival, before jumping out of his seat as drink began flying. The surgeon had no intention of being caught in a brawl; patching up any injuries that were likely to arise would be enough of a bother.

Sebias of Redwall

Toby gasped as he was hit by the flying wine.
"How dare you!" He roared, grabbing a slab of cranberry pie and smashed it into the otter's face. "This is my favorite tunic!"

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Ouroboros

As Thorne attempted to remove himself further from the situation, tears of laughter forming in the shrew's eyes, a brawny otter shoved him aside and stepped between Toby and Foxglove.
"Enough," he growled, shoving Toby's platter across the table, where it came to rest in front of Cayden, "Don't take this any further than it needs no. Not now, not here, or you'll spend tomorrow in the brig, if our host lets you step foot on his ship."
Flynn turned his gaze to Foxglove.
"And you. I'll chalk this up to too much of that wine. Best you learn to hold your liquor. If you get drunk and start something like this at sea, the Captain will have you flogged. None of us want that."

Sebias of Redwall

Toby tried desperately to wipe the wine off his tunic. "He started it," he mumbled, pointing to the stumpy-tailed otter, "I was only tryin' to figure out the chap's flippin' name. Wot wot."
The hare shot a frosty glare at Thorn. "What are you laughing at?!"

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

As soon as Cayden saw the wine leave the otter's paw he snatched an empty tray from a passing cart and proper it up to deflect anything else the mad otter threw. After a few minutes he cautiously lowed the platter, and to his delight he saw Toby's tray heaped with food. Smiling to himself he liberated a few of the tastiest morsels for himself and kindly returned the tray back to the grumbling hare, "Here you go mate, the food will take your mind off the present"

Ouroboros

"Leave it," Flynn grunted, "if there's one beast you don't want to make enemies with, it's the surgeon. It don't matter how many fights you get in, nor how many lashes you get, if he don't want to fix you after. Sit down and don't do anything stupid."

Sebias of Redwall

Toby snatched the plate from the short otter. "Hmm...Thank you."
To the scarred otter he gave a grumbled sigh. "Fine. Forget it."
Grabbing his haversack, he walked to the other side of the table, hopefully he would be out of accurate range if the silent otter tried to throw anything at him again. Mumbling under his breath, he started eating his food.
Hmm...I thought there was more food on my tray than this, wot.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Foxglove licked the pie off his face, enjoying the sweet taste of cranberry. He didn't enjoy much else though, being threatened with a brig and a flogging was hardly the best start to a journey. The hare had also proved to be a) a bumbling fool and b) an idiotic bumbling fool. And too much wine? The very thought of it made his lips curl with distaste- not because he could hold his drink very well- but because there was never enough wine. Ever. No matter what.
Still, he could feel the watchful eyes of onlookers, and in silence replaced his fox-tooth bracelet before moving on to a wonderful cheese and leek turnover. The taste of it set his mind at ease.

Sebias of Redwall

Toby filled up his tankard with ale and took a big gulp. Yup,he thought to himself, Things are going to be rather interesting with that otter aboard. Wot.
Shrugging to his self, he started shoveling down some more apple pie. Who knows when we'll get to eat a meal like this?

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!