News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Summer of the Samurai!

Started by Tungro, June 03, 2019, 10:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

Out of Character Thread
Clan Culture Info

It is finally here!

Jack the Quick Character #1
Name: Busher
Species: Squirrel
Weapons: Valuable curved dagger, wooden javelin
Personality: Prefers to be alone and brood, but if you can get close enough to him he can be funny and upbeat
Past: His family, who used to live deep in Mossflower woods, was killed by searats when he was young, leaving him to die. He survived, and when he grew he attacked and killed the searats who killed his family, taking a valuable curved dagger. He maintains ties with Redwall, though he lives alone in Mossflower.
Appearance: Unusual black fur with a red stripe running from his forehead to his extraordinarily bushy tail. He has deep blue eyes and often wears an iron chestplate stolen from searats on top of his green tunic. He wears a rope belt to hold his dagger and wears his javelin on his back. He wears leather boots and iron greaves overtop of black trousers.
[close]

The Grey Coincidence Character #1
Name: Kunick
Species: Mouse
Weapons: His knitting needles and er- anything within reach
Personality: Mischievous to the point of annoying, loud, 'witty' and over the top (some say he has hare blood in him- he has never denied the rumour) Always willing to pull a prank or make a joke- even if noone else has the patience for it, addicted to knitting
Past: Incorigible since his birth in Redwall Abbey, which incidentally is the only place he's ever been to (because nobeast with any sense of sanity would unleash him upon Mossflower), the only thing his many scoldings had taught him was to knit- which now came to him compulsively
Appearance: Small, thin, with whiskers about as long as a needle each and a pair of large (some would say too-large) buckteeth
[close]

Jack the Quick Character #2
Name: Redtail
Age: 19 seasons (I'm not sure if that's young or old, I might have to change that)
Species: Ferret
Weapons: Before: A rusty broadsword. After: A long curved sword with several jewels in its hilt and a deep black sheath, several small daggers tucked into hs belt and boots.
Personality: Ambitious and cruel; he is a good warrior (in vermin terms) but he is a coward at heart, and he flees if he believes he cannot win.
Past: He has served with many vermin hordes, but he has always deserted them in the end. He meets the samurai on their way to the abbey and attacks, killing one of their own and taking his sword and daggers (the after). He is recruited for his fighting abilities and (hopefully) rises to captain.
Appearance: He is your average ferret, grey with a black stripe, but he has superstition that every time he defeats an enemy, he dips his tail in their blood, hence the name Redtail. He often wears dark green trousers with black boots. He wears a deep black sword belt and sheath across his waist. He is usually bare chested apart from the bandolier that runs across it that carries most of his daggers. He wears a small black metal helm on his head with small holes for his ears.
[close]

The Grey Coincidence Character #2
Name: Katon
Species: Jerboa
Weapons: He commandeers one of the canons. But in close range he's got a katana.
Personality: He is honorable in his own way- that is he give his opponents the chance to run away before firing at them. Cold, distant and not much of a talker. Rather intelligent but also very arrogant.
Past: A member of the Jerboa clan with no qualms whatsoever about sacking Redwall. Because it's good for his clan.
Appearance: Short, wrinkled, old- is fond of scaled armor, which he wears over silk robes. A hygene freak.
That enough?
[close]

Sebias of Redwall Character #1
Name: Bert
Species: Hare
Weapons: A long dirk, lighting fast reflexes, and a saber.
Personality: A rather cheerful chap, always wanting to look on the bright side of things. Can however be very suspicious at times, but once you win his friendship, there isn't anything that could get in his way from helping you. He loves to play the flute. (Even if he's not that good at it)
Past: Grew up in Mossflower woods with his family. When his siblings left and his parents died, he took up traveled the lands. When he arrived at Redwall's gates, he knew that this was a place he could call home. He still lives in the abbey as a sworn protector. Woe to anybeast who wishes harm on his home.
Appearance: Tall and lanky, not unlike most hares. Brown colored fur, and wears a green tunic with a snakeskin belt.
[close]

Jack the Quick Character #3
Name: General Chikaru (I thought that sounded Japanese-ish while staying a little bit easier to remember)
Weapons: Large crossbow, pistol, and a katana.
Personality: Always on the look for new officer or soldier materiel, doesn't like taking prisoners. Merciless in punishment unless he believes he can use them, in which case they often get away without punishment.
Past: He is the top captain in the caln's army, he is second only to Daimyo Yoshiaki. He has his own platoon but he also commands the other captain's platoon's. He is the officer in command of the patrol that Redtail meets. He is also very fast.
Appearance: He is lankier and more muscular than your average Jerboa. He has deep black eyes and ordinary samurai armour with green highlights. His sword had a deep green sheath. He wears his crossbow on his back and he never wears his helmet. His breastplate is adorned with medals. He has a black mustache.
[close]

Thanquol's Character #1
Name: Garlan
Species:  Stoat
Weapons: Longsword and a dagger
Personality: A greedy and arrogant Stoat with a bit of a short-temper. Is also quite fond of looting.
Past: Born somewhere in Mosflower to a large small family, Garlan mostly spent his time working as a sellsword for a few Vermin hordes.
Appearance: A tall and skinny Stoat with a scar running down his left eye. Wears a grey shirt and a green hooded cloak. Also wears an old, faded silver medallion around his neck.
Other: Has a strange dislike for Badgers
[close]

My Characters
Abbot Scarl
Name: Abbot Scarl
Species: Mouse
Weapons: He is a firm believer that, "The pen is mightier that the sword"
Past: He had served as an elder most of his life then he was appointed Abbott when Wedaln resigned.
Appearance: Small, thin, with no whiskers.
[close]

Wedaln
Name: Wedeln
Species: Squirrel
Weapons: An expert with the sword.
Past: He was appointed as Abbott but soon resigned because "The weight of responsibility was too strong". Most believe however that he truly resigned because he often clashed with the elders over the virtually non existent level of combat training, armory, and tactical studies. After his resignation he became gatekeeper and recorder. In his spare time, he trains anybeast willing in the art of swordsmanship.
Appearance: Tall, muscular, and agile. Under his robes, he chooses to wear a light green gambeson.
[close]

Oshaw Riverpaw
Name: Oshaw Riverpaw
Species: Otter
Weapons: Javilans
Past: Not much is know about his past, but he came to the Abbey about 10 seasons ago. When he arrived, he immediately became Wedaln's constant companion and assistant.
Appearance: Tall, muscular, but slower than the average. He wear a dark brown tunic.
[close]

Hashino the Scholar
Name: Hashing the Scholar
Weapons: Small dagger enclosed in his wide sleeves.
Past: He is the wisest of his clan and arrived at Redwall seeking shelter.
Appearance: Short, but very fast for one of his age and stature. He wears long silk robes and his whiskers are formed in a curious way.
[close]

Daimyo Otomo Yoshiaki
Name: Otomo Yoshiaki
Weapons: An expert with the katan and bow
Past: He is the leader and General of his clan (the Otomo)
Appearance: Tall and skilled. He wears thick medal studded leather armor
[close]

Ashigai
Name: Assegai
Weapons: Short and long katan
Past: He is a rank and file soldier recruited and trained from the clan
Appearance: Wears leather amour
[close]

Officer Kobayakawa
Name: Officer Kobayakawa
Weapons: Short and long katan with bow
Past: He is a high class Samurai officer in charge of 50 rank and file troops. 
Appearance: Metal studied leather amour
[close]

The Grey Coincidence

It was unwise to laugh your head off while setting up a complex trip-wire. But nobeast sane would ever refer to Kunick as wise.
It was an incredibly complex practical joke he was immensely proud of. Whichever beast happened to leave the Great Hall first that morning, would trip, setting off a chain reaction that released a bucket full of mud onto them.
He'd probably wind up on dish duty again- but this was worth it!
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Tungro

Abbot Scarl emerged from the main Abbey building accompanied by Sister Golde. "Sister Golde, what do make of this new comer?"
"He intentions seem well enough, but I don't trust him. We don't really know much about him and he seems to have an unknown purpose"
"On the contrary sister, if I didn't know better I would trust him completely. He has already begun to take a good standing in our Abbey through various tasks and aid. His explanation satisfies me. Who are we to question him?"
"Hmm, I could be wrong Father, but if I were you, I would keep my senses up"
Scarl glared at her, "I have never let them down sister." They continued on in silence for a few moments before Scarl broke the silence. "I think we should have a feast sister, we have not had one in some time and we need a event to brighten up the spirt of Redwall and welcome Hashino to our Abbey"
"Do you think that is wise Scarl?" question Golde
"I see no problem sister, do you?"
"No Father, i'll go see to the preparations"
"Thank you sister, as for me, I will go ask Oshaw to spread the news around the woodlands." As he strolled away his paw tripped right over Kunick's tripline.

Jack the Quick

Busher bounded through Mossflower. He had spotted Oshaw walking through the woods, spreading the news about the feast. He smiled to himself. Redwall had the best food, it'd always been that way.
He stopped running right in front of the main gate. He knocked twice on the huge oaken door.
"Hello? Anyone there?"
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

As soon as the tripwire was sprung and the trap set, Kunick was flat on his back and shaking with mirth. A wiser beast (or a guilty one) would have run before the Abbot recovered enough to punish him. But with his legs kicking in air and his voice howling with laughter... he couldn't have run even if he wanted to.

Jack the Quick

Sister Golde opened the gates. "Why, hello Busher! We haven't seen you here in a while!" she said, moving aside so that he could enter.
"You know me, Golde. If you're holding a feast, I'll show up," he said, grinning.
They continued to walk towards the main building, all the while chattering in this manner. All of a sudden, another squirrel came running down the abbey.
"Busher Redstripe, you old tree jumper! Haven't seen you in a while, where've you been?" he cried, rushing to embrace Busher.
"Oh, you know, Jabda. Here, there, everywhere," Busher replied. Brother Jabda was the abbey bellringer, and he was good friends with Busher.
They walked through the main abbey doors, stopping in surprise at the sight of Kunick lying on the ground laughing. They looked past him and noticed Abbot Scarl standing there, covered in mud and speechless.
"Kunick! Go to the dormitories now! I will talk to you later," Sister Golde said, walking to see if Abbot Scarl was okay.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

One-Eye the wildcat

Korath the wearet knocked at the door of redwall abbey. Maybe they would allow him in.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Still shaking with mirth Kunick made a bee-line, not for the dormitories of course, but for freedom! His laughing form scuttled past Sister Golde and over Abbot Scarl and out- until he bumped into none other than the strange foreigner.
Redwall Abbey's latest guest did not even budge from the small mouse's sudden impact. Kunick on the other paw, landed on his rump.

One-Eye the wildcat

Korath was getting impatient. The huge wearet raised his voice and yelled at the abbey "ELLO? SOMEVONE LET ME IN!"
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Kunick was not quite sure what to make of the strange-whiskered beast, He wore clothing very different from the habits of Redwall and claimed to come from a very far away land. He was a strange beast with a strange name, and not even Kunick had dared pull a prank on him. The beast helped him to his feetpaws, saying something or other to the degree of 'be careful when you run young one'.
The skinny mouse nodded, and felt his ear twitch. Somebeast was calling at the gate!
"Er- sorry again Mister Hashimoto. I er- had to see who wants in!" Grinning at his own clever excuse the mouse sprinted off.

One-Eye the wildcat

Korath heard the other beast coming and atempted to make himself presentable, no easy feat for such a beast.

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Kunick stuck his head out over the walltops and felt his eyes nearly pop out of his skull. Standing at the foot of the wall, and just in front of the gates, was a beast he... well he wasn't sure what it was. It was big, and ugly- but hastily grooming itself.
Removing his knitting needles from the sleeves of his habit, the mouse got to work on a mitten.
"Hello friend!" He called down to the creature bellow. Redwall was certainly getting a lot of odd visitors...

One-Eye the wildcat

Hello! said Korath, in a strange accent. "May I come in?"

Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

Wedaln had been doing his standard patrol of the wallop when he heard a knock at the gate then saw Kunick race up the wall closely presued by Sister Golde. His eyes narrowed, Kunick was now addressing somebeast at the gate. He quickened his pace and was soon at the wall. "Kunick! Just what do you think you are doing? Get down to the grounds where you belong!" Hashino interjected, "You make sure he gets treated well, I will go adress the new comer." Wedaln was slightly offended, but he knew there was nothing he could do for Hashino had already slipped outside and was addressing the creature in low tones. "Listen close" he hissed, "If you want to survive, meet me by the tall beach just south of here at the high moon tomorrow night." he now raised his voice "Now be off and never come back to this Abbey or you will regret it!"

The Grey Coincidence

Kunick had heard none of it. Upon being commanded down (and noticing that Sister Golde was in hot pursuit of him) he shot off like a thunderbolt. Down the stairs and past a collection of moles. Through the grounds, round the pond and into arguably his favourite place in the abbey. The kitchens!