News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

RP: To Paradise

Started by Galedeep, May 23, 2012, 07:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

'Not very friendly' he thought to himself. 'I think I'll go sleep.' Jack went upstairs to his room, for he lived in the tavern.

Trigoma

Jester flashed a look of annoyance, then tried a more forceful approach. "Well if these, uh, uh kegs are outta townzzz....then do you hazzz any..uh..." Jester was finding it hard to think in the presence of this mouse. Something about him made his tongue knot up. Jester stumbled away into the shadows. He then regrouped himself and glared at the mouse that seemed to ignore him. Curiosity enveloped him, and he figured he would steal another day. He had to find out who this mouse was. Jester stumbled back to the mouse and sat back down next to him.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Galedeep

The mouse smiled and tightened the straps back up again. He took another sip of his drink as the clever Racoon took up his original seat next to him again.

"Didn't quite work out as planned I take it." The mouse said, putting his empty glass down and shoving it to the bartender

Calaron

Mota was astonished.  The best thief he had ever heard of, aside from some legendary tales, had just bumbled a job.  The coyote hid most of his facial expression by taking a drink, but even his acting skills couldn't hide it all the way.  Jester seemed entranced by the strange mouse.  So was Mota, though perhaps to less distraction.  He had finally figured out that he lumpy bundle was a weapon of some sort, probably a cudgel, maybe a sword.  Why else would Fred have loosed it? 

Now he wanted to see more.  Perhaps this could become the basis for one of his stories?  Mota was about to simply sit and watch when an idea hit him.  He had several places in town where he stayed and/or kept his things, despite having only been there a couple of months.  Not that he owned the places, per se, but he used them frequently enough.  Perhaps, if enough conversation took place, they could retire to one of those.  One where he didn't keep anything valuable. Or sentimental.  Or useful.  He glanced at Jester as he worked out the best place to go, then back to the mouse.  All the while listening.  This could be the story of a lifetime.

Trigoma

The raccoon was getting irritated. "What didnt quite work out, may I ask? You do not know my objectives." Jester was feeling uneasy that this mouse could read him so easily. Jester then stole a glance at the bundle on the mouses back. "May I ask what ye have there?"
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

psybox

Steve decided to make conversation, so he went up to Mota, and asked "Is this redwall place you keep singing about real, Or is it just a legend?  Has anyone tried to find it?"

Redwaller

Jack was unable to sleep. The song Mota had recited was stuck in his head, and the mouse gave him a weird feeling of adventure. He walked back downstairs and went straight to the mouse. ", do you come from Redwall, By any chance?"

redwallgurl

Diana had listened to the song. It seemed like paradise to her. Food, kindness. She wondered if the place was real or just an imagined place from a legend.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Calaron

The coyote put down his drink and swivelled to face Steve.  He left one ear trained at Fred and Jester.  Just in case.  Mota quickly studied the fox as he made his reply.  "To the best of my knowledge, the place is real.  Or at least as real as anyplace mentioning great woodlands and places of peace." Mota gathered from the faded state of the fox's attire that he was a formerly rich beast that had fallen on hard times, or a beast that had had a lucky scavenge.  But Steve wasn't satisfied with the paltry answer Mota had provided, and he pressed the coyote further.

"What research have you done then?" And with that, Mota was off.  He loved to talk about his researches. 
"I've looked at several stories that stem from the almost mystical land called Mossflower region.  No reliable maps from recent times exist to show it, but the old ones I've found seem to show it as across the sea, to the west.  I had to spend hours in libraries to find those. Some of the maps and old stories even mentin a mountain with a fire breathing dragon.  But, many stories from that place mention it, most of them mention the abbey as a place of plenty, with trusting creatures who seem to be peaceful healers most of the time.  However, there are a few stories where their Abbey was threatened, and then those peaceful creatures become capable warriors or are saved by warriors." Seeing that Steve and possibly one or two others were listening, Mota took a quick drink and then continued with his history lesson. "There is a story of the Abbey's founding, where a warriormouse, whose name was Martin, fought a great battle against a wildcat.  He was victorious.  He worked together with mice that were from a healing order and Redwall was made as a place where tyranny would never be.". Mota sighed wistfully.  "I think the place is real, or was.  I would love to see it, if it truly exists.  It sounds so wonderful.  Even the idea of the giant trees and forest.  Wouldn't you?"

The one ear that the coyote had kept trained at the mouse heard Jack's inquiry.  Mota kept facing Steve though, waiting for the fox's answer as well as the mouse's response.

redwallgurl

The chipmunks eyes widened and she asked out hesitantly, "Do you know where that place is sir?"
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Galedeep

The mouse chuckled, "I'll answer you both in good time, but first, invite that excellent entertainer and his companions over here."

psybox

OOC: i think Mota is a one person act, or by companions do you mean me?

Galedeep

OOC: Yes he means everyone else

Redwaller

"Hey Mota! Come here, and bring your friends over there!"

psybox

as Steve and Mota walked over, Steve answered Mota's question with "yes, it would be nice.  do you think it's still inhabited?"
OOC: Calaron gave me permisson to walk Mota over.