RP: The Quest for the Sword

Started by Lady_Gwalia, July 10, 2011, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Gwalia

It was a warm summers day in Mossflower. Birds were singing in the sun-dappled trees. At Redwall Abby beasts were going about their daily tasks. A small mouse maid was sitting under an apple tree in the orchard, a large book resting in her lap. A small pot of ink and a feather quill were set on the grass close to paw with a piece of parchment.  Every once and a while, the maid would stop her reading to hastily scribble something down.  Suddenly somebeast's shadow fell over her reading. Startled, Tey looked up.

OOC~Who'll jump in next?

High or the hills, far or the seas,
Fly with the small birds and follow the breeze,
Go with your heart, where would you roam?
Back to the rose colored stones you call home.
~The Pearls of Lutra

Trigoma

in the lost forest of mossflower the weary figure of trigoma trudled on heavy laden with a sack of provisions he stole from sum vermin. he ushally doesnt attack vermin like tht but he needed to inorder to live. haveing been from southsward he wus not used to the heavy vegitation. haveing traveld for day and night for 3 days straight he wus not aware of were he wus going. with his head down he walked smack into the south gate of redwall abbey. to tied to look up he layed there and fell into a deep sleep.

OOC: quite the entrance. looking forward to this! great plot! ;D
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Redwall Musician

As silent as a flower growing came a lone figure. She looked up at the red stone building. She collected her courage and decided to go knock on the door. Her little paws pounded the heavy door. Bang, bang! She wore a flowy gown of pink that swirled when she walked. She waited, blinking her pretty and serious eyes against the sun. She knock again.....
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lady_Gwalia

A group of dibbins were standing in front of her. One of them, a young mole maid stepped forward. Shushing the excited babbling of her companions.
"Miz Tey!" she exclaimed, "Thur beez a strange noise cumen from ze likkle wall gate!" Tey stood, carefully snatching her writing supplies out from harms way.
"What sort of strange noise, Lorlee?" she asked sceptically.
"Usin'll show ye mizz!" Grabbing hold of her paws, the dibbuns began hauling her off in the direction of the little south wallgate.

It was a busy morning for Tuglow,  the gate keeper-recorder of Redwall. He had decided it was time to clean his gatehouse home. The floor was littered with loose paper falling from the stacks of books he had moved from the shelves earlier. He was now attempting the gather them up, but to his irritation, most of them were ending up stuck to his spines. A sheet of paper fluttered in a small breeze coming in through the open door, blowing under the bed. With a sigh, the old hedgehog dove under after it, only to discover more than one missing item. Burrowing deeper under the bed, Tuglow began pushing things out from beneath the bed. Hearing a noise, he stopped. A faint tapping could be heard from the door leading out to the path. Curious, he squirmed his way out from beneath the bed, emerging covering in dust and cobwebs, bits of paper still stuck to his spines.  Walking over to the door he opened it and looked out

OOC~ Someone else can be Tuglow if they want, I just needed someone to open the gate for you Redwall Musician :)  And a mentor for Tey. Thanks for joining in!
~The Pearls of Lutra

Trigoma

Trigoma wus strired from his sleep by a bee stinging his nose. "yowch! watch it ye liddle villan!" he brushed it away and sat for a moment looking at the south gate. "am i dead? is this dark forest?" he pinched himself and saw it wus all real. he stood up and knocked on the gate alittle. it stood still for a little bit so he dicided it wus a dream or empty. he had no courage to get inside so he turned to leave. just then the gates started opening.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lady_Gwalia

Tey had been dragged to the wallgate by a horde of dibbuns. Her reading had been interrupted and she was rather exasperated. After the babes insisting, she put her ear against the door.
"There is no strange noise outside!"
"It sounded like sum beast snorin'" A mouse-babe explained.
"Well, there's no beast outside the gates snoring. What silly beast would fall asleep outside when there are nice warm beds inside the Abby?" Tey asked, drawing away from the door. The mouse babe put his ear against the wood. A look of surprise crossed his face.
I hear sumthin'!" he exclaimed. Tey sighed. This was just bored dibbuns looking for adventure. Well, she'd humor them and open the door. Drawing the bolt, she pulled the door open.
~The Pearls of Lutra

Redwall Musician

Tuglow opened the door.
"I say old chap, what's a pretty young traveler got to do to get some scoff. Sorry sir! Thanks for opening the door, wot!"
Tuglow stared at the mousemaid. He giggled. A mouse that talked like a hare! Joining in his laughter the mouse said, "Wot! I know, rather odd to see a mouse talking like so. I'm Sundew!"
"Come in! We love guest at our abbey!" said Tuglow.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Tiria Wildlough

Far away from the happy creatures, a tall castle stood out on the flatlands. Its windows were draped with dark cloth, so the only light that came out was grey and gloomy.
A black pine marten paced the terraces. With her was a rat named Whitbow, her faithful advisor.
'Whitbow, where is my legend book?'
'Right here, Milady,' the rat said nervously. He did not like letting her have the legend book, since it was usually the reason for one of her mad temper tantrums.
'I dusted it just like you said, Milady.'
'Good,' said the marten, nodding in approval. 'When I have the sword of Redwall Abbey, the whole world will know the name of Selah the Black!'
She inched closer to Whitbow. 'You know why they call me the Black?'
The rat gulped visibly. 'Because - because - you're...ahhh...black, Milady?'
Selah's paw shot out and grabbed Whitbow by his throat. 'No, you fool, wrong answer. It's because I'm black hearted, that's why.'
She let go and opened the legend book to her favourite place. 'Aahhh, the sword of Redwall Abbey, forged from a star...
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Trigoma

trigoma stood there looking at the mouse tht opend the door. "er i guess this place aint empty at all" he thought. he went up to the mouse tht opend the door. "hi mah names Trigoma the Wanderer! well its actually self appointed. but anyways wut is this place? looks sorta of curious"
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lady_Gwalia

Startled, Tey looked at the otter standing in front of her.
"hi mah names Trigoma the Wanderer! well its actually self appointed. but anyways wut is this place? looks sorta of curious" Dibbuns crowded behind her, peering round to look at the newcomer. The mousebabe Tug pushed past her.
"Dis uz Redwall h'abby!" He said. "Tigooma, that be a funnily name!" Scooping the mischievous dibbun up, Tey smiled at Trigoma.
"Welcome, friend. Any goodbeast is always welcome in our Abby. Come inside. I'll take you to the Abbot/Abbess."

OOC~Someone want to be the Abbot or Abbess? The newcomers to Redwall need to end up with the Abbot. So Trigoma & Redwall Musician, that's where you're headed. Also, we need someone to be the assassin/thief sent to steal the sword.   
~The Pearls of Lutra

DanielofRedwall

Joey the squirrel, the abbey warrior, was in the orchard picking fruits for the friar. He always had an interest in cooking and was having lessons with the friar, who had sent him to the orchard to pick the fresh fruits growing there. He was soon joined by Webbtail, the skipper of otters. "Need 'elp, matey?" He asked.
"Yeah, sure, please do," he replied.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Gonff

Seeing Tuglow walking across the yard with a mouse she had never seen before Trinn came to join them. "Whats your name?" She asked the new mouse.

OOC: I can be the abbess/abbot if no one else wants to.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Redwall Musician

"Sundew is my name, wot!" said Sundew. "Sorry! I've been trying not to talk like a hare. Me pater was always going around saying 'wot, wot'! 'Cause he was a hare!" Sundew smile sweetly. They headed towards the main abbey building.

Gonff

A mouse that was raised by hares!, thought Trinn, Now I've seen everything. And she followed Tuglow and Sundew to find the abbess.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

As Tey and Trigoma (followed closely by the dibbun horde) walked inside, they were confronted with a hare, by the name of Babel. "Good day to you lot, eh wot? If you're looking for the abbot/abbess, I last saw her in the kitchens. Bally friar chased me out with his ladle again, as if it were my fault the scoff here's so spiffin, eh wot?"
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.