News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Fight Pits round 1

Started by Jetthebinturong, August 27, 2013, 11:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This poll no longer exists

Do not vote
I SAID DO NOT VOTE!!!

Jetthebinturong

Twigtooth awoke to the sound of yelling and cheering, looking around he could see he was in a huge oval area dotted with ruins and surrounded by stands. In a stand bigger than the rest, there was a rat standing on a box and yelling through a hollow log next to him

"Heeeeeeeeelloooooo and welcome to the first annual fight pit match! In this new sport, 8 contestants or gladiators will fight to the death to win their freedom. By the popular opinion of the crowd, gladiators will receive help and guidance in their challenge. Occasionally we shall host events, these events will be announced through the log so that all of the contestants know what's going on, so without further ado, lets meet our valiant gladiators!" he took a breath "This mysterious Marten here is Aldar Kreshal, master of knives and the shortsword" a spotlight from a large lamp illuminated Aldar. The plan of shining the spotlights was that the contestants would be able to see where their fellows were so that their captors would not have long to wait before the bloodbath begun. The spotlight moved over to an otter with a scar over one of his green eyes "This fierce lookin' riverdog is Aster Tuyo a cautious warrior he is, as evidenced by that round shield there. Movin' swiftly on this fine figure of a Desert cat is Sandfire the trident master. This Muscly Beaver over here is Twigtooth who was, until recently, the captain of the fine ship, Waterlog. Next we have Scarab the renegade, she's a mysterious creature, not even sure if she's even full squirrel harharharhar! This lovely otter here is Jukmin, a well rounded fighter, look at all those weapons folks! Still, it comes down to whether or not she can use 'em properly. This battle-hardened hare here is Mucroni-manum look at that trident, and that sword, cor! I reckon she'll be a tough one to beat! And finally this axe totin' fox is Camden Grayle, I have a feelin' he's a toughie too though personally my money's on Miss Manum over there, she looks like she can take care of herself in a fight. La-hay-dees and Gentlemen, please place your bets!"

OOC: Before there is another post I would like you all to vote for or bet on a character, YOU CANNOT BET ON YOUR OWN CHARACTER THAT WOULD BE CHEATING, if you need to you can go back and have a look at the original character sheets in the OOC thread. Once all of the votes have been taken in I will pm the player with the highest amount of votes a tip, or possibly give them items in game. Any post with fighting or movement that is posted before the results have all come in will be disregarded. As the rat said, Ladies and gentlemen, please place your bets. 
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Shadowed One

Aster Tuyo heard the rat shouting, and ground his teeth. Captured by vermin! However, things could be worse. He had fought many enemies, as evidenced by his scars, and had conquered them all. He doubted that these would prove too difficult. If he did win, he decided he wouldn't rest until he had killed the vermin that had imprisoned him. Drawing his sword and gripping his round shield, he prepared for battle.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Norham Waterpaw

Camden woke to shuffling around him. His eyes grew wide when he saw where he was. Massive crowds, and beasts that looked they could crush stone with their bare paws, in the same pit as him!
He stared in awe over at Manum. He feared all hares, and they all hated him. He was a Marlfox, and everyone could tell. And no one likes a Marlfox.... alive. He scrambled akwardly backward on four paws, behind a pillar. He drew his ham-axe and waited, nervously, and dreadfully.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Jetthebinturong

OOC: They have been placed so that they can't see where anyone is, you could say that he looked over in the direction of Murcroni's spotlight instead

rachel25

Jukmin opened her eyes slowly. She looked around at the stands, and the crowd of beasts which occupied them.
She clenched and unclenched her paws. She drew her favourite weapon, The sabre.
She rolled it in her left paw, feeling it's weight.
She had fought many times for others beasts pleasure, and every time she did so, she went wild, only seeing in red. Jukmin shuddered. But this time it would be different, instead of after winning her battle being pushed into a metal cage, she would be freed. Her master had promised.
Jukmin looked over at the other spot lights. Trying to see who her opponents would be. But she could make nothing out.
Jukmin licked the blade of her sabre.
"Happy hunting time."           

The Shade

Sandfire been one of the first to wake up, and he did not like what he saw; fearsome fighting beasts, armed to the teeth! Checking his own weapons, he wondered if this would be the last place he would see. He was a brillant fighter, but he still had his worrys.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: Ah accidentally voted for Aldar before readin' ze part aboot nae votin' for yer own character. Can ve juzt nae count vone o' ze votez for Aldar an' ah zend me real vote tae Jetthebinturong?

BIC:
Upon awakening Aldar opened his eyes and promptly shut them to the rays of the spotlight. Covering his eyes with one paw he tried to get a feeling about where he was. After the spotlight had moved on from him he was able to get a better bearing on his location. So he was in some sort of gladiator pit with several other gladiators? His frown grew bigger as each new gladiator's name was called. Unless he had misheard the rat, there were seven other fighters to deal with. I'll have to take this carefully, he thought. No doubt there are some other things about this than meets the eye. He tried to get a glimpse of the other gladiators but all he could see was the various directions that the spotlight had moved to while showing them to the crowd. Be careful, he thought to himself. Don't waste all of your energy on the first few foes. Let them be the ones to tire themselves out. Let them whittle themselves down before I truly start to fight!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Shadowed One

Aster moved towards the back of the arena, hoping to avoid killing any goodbeasts. Unfortunately, it appeared he would have to fight them to escape alive. He just hoped they would kill each other off first.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

rachel25

Jukmin, stood still. Waiting for the fight to begin.
Her breathing began to get faster, her heart beat louder, any moment now.
Don't go berserk. Jukmin whispered to herself. All it'll do is make you tried. Play the game right, this time.

Jetthebinturong

OOC: And the results are in, seems like Leatho won.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Norham Waterpaw

Camden looked about. Nowhere to hide, darn. He scurried across to another pillar. He tried climbing... no good. He drew his ham-axe closer to his chest.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Shadowed One

OOC: Can you turn the spotlights off now?

Jetthebinturong

As one the spotlights all blinked out. The rat bellowed through his hollow log "The results of the bettin' are in, you can now begin slaughterin' each other!"

Twigtooth immediately took off in the direction of a huge maze of ruins near the center of the arena, drawing his ketanas as he went, when given the choice between fight or flight he would almost always choose flight, especially when the option to fight was fighting innocent creatures, with any luck he would only need to kill one of them.

rachel25

OOC well done Leatho. so does the one with the least amount of votes die  :o

BIC Jukmin's attempt to keep calm had lasted until the spotlights went out. The minute it was time to fight she lost it.

She saw a running figure, a beaver she thought. He looked terrified, but she couldn't feel sorry for him. He stood in the way of her freedom.
Jukmin charge after Twigtooth roaring her battle cry.
"WOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE WOOOOOO EEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIII"