News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Fight Pits round 1

Started by Jetthebinturong, August 27, 2013, 11:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This poll no longer exists

Do not vote
I SAID DO NOT VOTE!!!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

At the sound of the rat starting it Aldar immediately ducked into the shadow of a ruin wall nearby. Hopefully he could remain unseen there long enough to last the first few bloodsheds, and possibly catch a beast passing by off guard. If he played his cards right and stayed low, he could be out of this and then, then he would deal with that traitor that got him into this mess! But it is not the time to think about that now, he thought. He needed to focus on the here and now, and the other beasts around him if he was to get out of this.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

rachel25

Jukmin was still chasing after Twigtooth when she noticed Aldar, he trying not to be seen.
Jukmin smiled to herself as she crept up behind him. Holding her sabre in the left paw she murmured to herself.
"Looks like your going be to the first to die."   

Leatho Shellhound

Mucroni-manum walked confidently and softly through the ruins till she found an easly defensible position. It was at the end of a long alley that zig-zagged so that any one walking down it could not see around the corners. Where she was at was a round courtyard like area, which gave her enough room to let the arctic hare use her weapons to there maximum strength, but small enough to not be surrounded. She was confident and relaxed, growing up in the Land of ice and snow had taught her that, the land where ermine, foxes, wolves and wolverines ruled with the will of a tyrant and an iron claw. She had fought many a battle and slain many a foe. Living is the freezing cold had hardened her muscles. She smiled in the face of death.  
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

Shadowed One

OOC: IMO, no, but be careful she doesn't turn into a Mary Sue.

BIC: Aster saw Mucroni-manum dissapear into the labyrinthine maze of ruins. Hoping to catch her off guard, he followed silently, sword and shield at the ready.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

The Shade

OOC: Well, they are ment to be gladiators....

BIC: Sandfire spotted Aster slinking off, shadowing Mucroni-manum. The desert cat smirked, and tighted his grip on his weapon, the trident. Two could play at that game! He followed Aster, knowing, if his two opponents did fight each other, he could come in, and battle the surviver, knowing that they would already be weakened.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Shadowed One

Making his way through the ruins, Aster heard a noise behind him. He quickly dodged behind a corner and raised his weapons.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

The Shade

Sandfire snarled. The creature who he was stalking had heard him! Treading carefully, he made sure his retracting steel claws, and his trident were ready, edged forward.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: rachel25 on August 30, 2013, 04:34:20 PM
Jukmin was still chasing after Twigtooth when she noticed Aldar, he trying not to be seen.
Jukmin smiled to herself as she crept up behind him. Holding her sabre in the left paw she murmured to herself.

OOC: Vhen did zhe ever get behind Aldar? If zhe vaz chazin' after Twigtooth 'ollerin' like ye zaid zhe vaz zen juzt aboot anybeazt viz even juzt vone ear vid 'ave 'eard 'er an' nae alloved 'er tae zneak up be'ind zem.

BIC:
Aldar jumped away from the otter and sprang up, with his short sword held in a reverse-grip in his left paw and one of his throwing knives held in his right. "Not if I have anything t'say about it, waterdog." Many seasons of hard living with vermin gangs constantly creeping about around him had conditioned his ears to be constantly on the alert, and it was with just this sharp hearing that he had heard the otters mutterings. Of course with the way she had been hollering out her war cry a beast really had little need of sharp hearing. He gestured with his knife paw. "Yer move, otter." he hissed.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Shadowed One

Aster stepped towards the cat, swinging his sword at its head and bringing his shield up for defense. He had fought beasts with tridents before, and knew both the strengths and weaknesses of such weapons.

Norham Waterpaw

Camden saw two beasts jumping and yelling about at a pillar not too far away. He gripped his ham-axe tighter, and dashed off through the sand, hoping not to be seen.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

rachel25

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 31, 2013, 01:51:48 AM
Quote from: rachel25 on August 30, 2013, 04:34:20 PM

OOC: Vhen did zhe ever get behind Aldar? If zhe vaz chazin' after Twigtooth 'ollerin' like ye zaid zhe vaz zen juzt aboot anybeazt viz even juzt vone ear vid 'ave 'eard 'er an' nae alloved 'er tae zneak up be'ind zem.

BIC:
Aldar jumped away from the otter and sprang up, with his short sword held in a reverse-grip in his left paw and one of his throwing knives held in his right. "Not if I have anything t'say about it, waterdog." Many seasons of hard living with vermin gangs constantly creeping about around him had conditioned his ears to be constantly on the alert, and it was with just this sharp hearing that he had heard the otters mutterings. Of course with the way she had been hollering out her war cry a beast really had little need of sharp hearing. He gestured with his knife paw. "Yer move, otter." he hissed.
Jukmin charge at the Pine marten.
"OOOOWWWWW IIIIIIIEEEEEE OOOHHHHH!" She roared. "COME AND TASTE SOME STEEL VERMIN!"
OOC um how do we die in this. Do one of us just decided to die or is the person who got the least amount of votes the one to die.  ???

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Votes count for nothing except one thing, the person with the highest number of votes gets one, just one, tip to use as they please. I should have shut down the poll when all eight had voted, but I didn't and somehow (not counting Hiag accidentally voting for himself) there are nine votes in total. In any case the tip is given when the person, i.e Leatho, asks for it and could drastically change the game. You choose when to die, constantly avoiding attacks is powerplay and against the rules. If you think your character is outmatched show it, though this does not mean kill off your character whenever you meet a stronger opponent, it does mean that if in the sign ups you can clearly tell that your character is weaker than your opponent, act like it, if your opponent has an advantage due to a long ranged weapon, don't just ignore it.

Twigtooth raised his ketanas in readiness but at the last moment the otter swerved off for some inexplicable reason and Twigtooth safely made it into the ruins. Looking about for a good place to wait and observe the battle, he saw the perfect spot, a high tower almost completely cut off from other ruins. Climbing up on to the top of an archway, he jumped over to a short section of wall that was the closest part of the ruins to the tower. Sheathing his ketanas to make his hands free he ran along the length of the wall and leaped across the gap. He slammed hard into the side of the tower, winding himself in the process, however he had manged to catch onto a lip that surrounded the whole tower and was presumably just above or below a window. As he began to inch his way around the tower he realized that he was a perfect target for anyone with a ranged weapon, though he couldn't recall the rat talking about any archers.

EDIT: OOC: I can't work out how to delete the poll so I reset the counts to zero, DO NOT PLACE ANY MORE VOTES
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan