News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Knights of Redwallelot

Started by W0NWILL, September 30, 2013, 07:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Arden sauntered through the the tavern and slipped into one of the seats at the bar he placed a gold coin on the bar "Hit me up with the strongest ale you've got" he said. The rat barkeep began to pour him a mug "What's the matter Arden?"
"Oh I don't know Rich, every job I've gotten lately's fallen flat on its face" Richard passed him the tankard "Its not that bad is it? I mean, you've still got the gold ain't ya"
"Aye I've still got gold all right, gold that I got by doin' what I did best, killin' people, now look at me, ain't been paid for a job in weeks, seems like killin's not the thing I do best anymore" he downed the tankard and passed the barkeep another coin "Gimme another one o' those, I got five weeks worth of sorrows to drink away"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

Crystal saw the knight enter through the front gates of the Castle. Well that was that there was no way she was going to find a way to get in to the castle in the middle of the day. She was no longer welcome there and she would be recognized right away. She turned and went in to the tavern. Crystal was not fond of drinking but the tavern was a good place to pick up on any news classified or not. She puled the hood over her head trying not to draw attention to herself.     
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rusvul

Ivar, after a brief mandatory pretense, was not at all interested in Twigger's death. Didn't mean anything to him, wasn't relevant. As the sun set, he locked himself in his room and removed a rug from the floor, opened a trapdoor, and removed his implements of theft. Black trousers- Check! Knives and lock picks of various sizes- Check! Plain, serviceable,  rapier over his shoulder- Check!
Now he only had to wait- For Jame, and for darkness.

Faiyloe

OOC: Rusvul it was just sunrise.  :-\

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: I need time to make my reply, which is in the early morning.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

rachel25

Saygar nodded at Mack's suggestion. "Yes sounds alright." He pointed at Jame. "You there, yes you. Go into the town and get some sort of doctor or somebeast who knows anything about death and what courses it." 

Rainshadow

"Yessir," Jame said after a moment, nodding his head and bowing slightly to the knight.  He made his way back through the small crowd and ran out the main gate, passing by what looked to be another small gathering of creatures.  Two unfamiliar beasts and... the queen?  Maybe they had heard the scream and had come to the gatehouse.  But no matter, he had to find a physician, and fast!

The hare bounded past the guards, giving both a quick "Good morning" before running into the town, trying frantically to remember where the town physician lived.  It had been quite some time since he'd had to go meet the old beast, and frankly, he didn't quite want to do it.

Jame stopped next to a cart with three beasts standing by it.  A hare, an otter, and a ferret were chatting, but he soon interrupted that.  "Excuse me, ma'ams and sir, but would you happen to know where the old physician is?"

OOC:  Do we have anyone playing the physician?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

OOC no. who wants their character to be or who wants to make a physician  :-\
BIC Saygar decided there was nothing else to be done until the physician got here. He pushed his way through the crowd and away from the Gatehouse. He saw two beasts and the Queen and an armour-clad otter and a smaller shrew.
Never seen them before. He thought to himself.
Saygar walked over hoping to catch what they were saying. Or if need be protect his Queen if the strangers attacked her. Saygar felt for the sword and dagger in his belt. And for the chain mace on his back.
If there was going to be trouble then he would sort it out. 

Leatho Shellhound

"Your royal majesty," Sir Gawain said while curtsying "I am Sir Gawain the Maidens' Knight, and this is my squire Járnsmiður. We have come from afar to serve your king and thee oh Queen, by request of...." The knight felt around on his person with a perplexed look.

Moving his head over his shoulder he asked his squire "Do you have that letter  Jarn?"

"Yes sir," Said the water shrew taking it out of his pack "Here it is sir".

"Ah, yes. Thank you Járnsmiður," After a few skim-reading mumbling noises he read out loud "...We request you to come at once to serve are royal persons and if you thus prove your loyalty and skill in battle you will be made the Queen's Champion and Standard Bearer."

With a smile on his face he gave the letter to the Queen, "I left at once, and on this good day have arrived at your castle".
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

W0NWILL

OOC: The physician is an old vole called Albus who I will play.

BIC: "Sire!" The squirrel hurried forth to where the king sat, doing some kingly paperwork or something, "There's been a murder! Twigger the Gatekeeper is dead!"
Retuli's eyes flashed dangerously, and Maple backed away, "A servant found him this morning." she said.
Retuli nodded his understanding, "Has Albus been sent for?" he asked, standing up.
"Yes." Maple said.
"Good." Retuli said, sweeping past him, his red cape swirling dramatically and revealing the old legendary sword of Martin at his side, "Have an undertaker ready after Albus has seen the body."
"Right away, Sire." she said, scurrying after his majesty as he left the room.

"Everyone here must back away!" Retuli commanded, striding up to the gate house, "Except for the beast that found him!"

Faiyloe

Crystal made her way to one of the corner tables and sat down. She took out the two roles plus two more she had stolen while the baker wasn't looking. She sat there nibbling at the edge of the role and listening to the conversations around her. A server cam up and Crystal placed a coin on the table. "Apple cider," She said. She knew that wasn't the norm for someone in a tavern to order but that was what she wanted right now.   

The Shade

Mack stepped back from the scene, and strolled out of the gate-house. They could deal with the body. He had no experience in undertaking, and frankly, he didn't want to. He considered going into the tavern and having some breakfast, all he had had was half an apple, but the body had put him off. He glanced at two beasts he had never seen before, mildly interested. He took a step closer and saw they were talking with the queen. An otter knight...no, not from around here. More curious than he should be, the hare knight took another step, in time to hear a snippet of conversation.

"...I left at once, and on this good day have arrived at your castle."

So, he hadn't seen him before. Mack wondered where the otter and his friend had come from.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on October 01, 2013, 09:33:57 AM
Down the street came a plump female otter, clad in bright blue and yellow. Her face lit up when she saw the banner that the hare and ferret had put up.
'Why, it's you two!' she cried, throwing any formalities to the winds. 'I haven't seen you since that spring festival! Where have you been?'

Morwyn ran to embrace her friend. "Noryl, you ol' streamdog! I've missed yore violin- Ox can barely carry his lute properly, let alone a tune."

The hare in question approached, sweeping his hat off as he bowed gallantly to the otter and kissed her paw. "Miss Noryl, m'dear! 'Tis wonderful to see you again. The present company simply cannot compare to your radiant features."

Her good-natured quip neatly countered, Morwyn chuckled. She would have to practice quite. a bit before she could defeat her mentor in a battle of wits. The ferretmaid suddenly smiled. "Ox, Noryl, how about an insult match tonight? It's been a long time since we've done one of those."

Oxford nodded, beaming, and asked Noryl's opinion. "I say, what a splendid idea! What do you think, marm?"
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Redwaller

Extract of a hermit's journal.

La Magie a été bannie récemment, grâce à notre roi de pacotilles qui croit que la Magie est dangereuse. Un jour je leurs montrerai tous! Et ils voudront ravoir leurs petits magiciens, car seul la magie pourra mettre fin à la menace qui planera au-dessus d'eux...

~~~~~~~~

A tall, hooded figure was walking slowly, with measured pace, up the road leading to the inn outside the city's gates. Gambles, fights, threats, drinks, and games issued back and forth inside, all mingling together, making the air thrum. As a particularly big fight was about to issue, the door slammed open with a rush of wind, and the hooded figure stood in the doorway; everything went silent, with all inside staring at him.

As he walked forth to the counter, those in his way quickly stepped back, cowering in dark corners. He put his staff next to him and looked into the eyes of the innkeeper. The latter quickly brought a glass and a bottle of brandy, and went to sit in a corner.

Slowly, Teudericus uncorked the bottle, and poured the contents into the glass. He turned around with glass in hand, facing the others, and drank the contents in one gulp. The others stared dumbfounded, as if they had turned to statues. Giving a short, evil laugh, he took another glass of brandy and spilled it on the ground. With a snap of his fingers, the liquid turned on fire, without burning the wood of the floor. As a mouse came in, he saw the Magic fire, and rushed outside screaming. "Guards! Guards! A Magician is inside!" the shadow of a smile came to Teudericus' lips, and he picked up his stick before walking out of the door, extinguishing the fire as he passed.

Outside, guards were coming towards the inn, but the crowd coming into the city slowed their progress, and Teudericus had ample time to turn a corner and make his way down a dark, narrow street that smelled of old refuse.

Faiyloe

OOC: Wow that was a very good post. But is the Inn the same place as the tavern cuz I thought the tavern was close to the castle.