News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Would anyone like to duel?

Started by Gwen A. Mouse, July 10, 2014, 10:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen A. Mouse

So... I've done text-based roleplaying before, but not on here, so I figured it was best to start with a couple of simple duels before getting involved in something more complex.

Would anyone like to duel? I've a couple of ideas, but am completely open to others. Creativity, enthusiasm, and craziness welcome. :)
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Cornflower MM

Gwen A. Mouse

Awesome! Are there any scenarios you'd like to use?
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Cornflower MM

No, not really....How abouts.....Mossflower woods?

Gwen A. Mouse

All right. Somewhere in the forest, probably a clearing. Though fighting in and out of the trees sounds fun. What do you think?

Oh! *smacks self for forgetting this* What alignment do you want for your character? (Like, are they vermin, woodlander, or neutral?)

That can have a lot of effect on the situation of the duel, and especially whether it is a friendly match or a fight-to-the-death kinda thing.

Cornflower MM

Hmm, okay:

1) Fighting in and out of the trees sounds fun. Plus, while I've done duels on a cliff, by the River Moss, and on the shore, I haven't done one in the trees.
2) How abouts they're both neutral? A friendly match.

Gwen A. Mouse

Sounds good. Now, let's get down to business... (to defeat the Huns! Sorry, just had to. :D)

So basically, two travelers or maybe a traveler and a beast who lives in the forest cross paths one day, and decide to engage in a friendly match of some sort. A duel, paw-to-paw, archery, etc., to be decided in-game.

If you could post some sort of character sheet here, that would be great! (With any luck, I'll be posting mine sometime tomorrow.)

Cornflower MM

Alright, I'll start on my sheet.

Name: Arya Brushtail
Species: Squirrel
Weapons: Bow and arrows, a dagger,m hand-and-a-half sword.
Appearance: Nut brown fur, her ears and right paw are black. Tail is reddish.
Clothing: Light blue tunic, slim dirt brown boots, (In other words, not sea boots, which are floppy) plaited green belt with matching scabbard with her sword.
Other: N/A

Okay, maybe it's done! ;D

Gwen A. Mouse

Sorry, sorry. Things're just really crazy right now.

Name: Camellia Penge ("Cam the Blade")
Species: Shrew
Weapon(s): Saber, throwing knives
Appearance: Cam's quite tall for a shrew, standing almost of a height with most squirrels (excluding their ears, of course). Her fur is light brown, and she takes good care of it, though she's not afraid to get it dirty either. Her eyes are light blue and nearly always sparkling with some kind of mischief or another. She wears a loose, forest-green tunic and matching headscarf, and sturdy, brown leather ankle boots.
Other: She's actually a bit self-conscious about her height, as it often sets her apart and gets her noticed.

Gwen A. Mouse

Sorry for double-post: I'll be putting up the beginning post today, and let you know what the name is. Do you have any preferences?

EDIT: Just posted it as "Arya (Cornflower MM) vs Camellia (Gwen A. Mouse)". If you have an idea for the name though, I can change it. :)

Cornflower MM

It doesn't matter to me what it's called - If you start it, I'll see it.