Rebuilding Mossflower Country Steampunk Roleplay

Started by Thomas Barkshield, September 20, 2014, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

Vlad glanced at the note as they entered the tavern, and let out a barking laugh. "Dregnar, have any information about pirates? That's a nice reward they're offering," he looked back at the huge ship docked behind them, the Steel Fist. "That's a dangerous looking ship. It could do a lot of damage to us if we were found out." continued the Fossa, his brief cheeriness already gone.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Izeroth

Hadrian stood on the deck of his ship, overseeing the repairing of a gun that had rusted over. No one had responded to his note, and he wondered if he had tacked it in an easily seen location. Surely, if many beasts saw it, there would be a few informers? Perhaps Hadrian had been wrong, and the citizens of st. Ninians were not so law abiding as he thought.

The Skarzs

Dregnar winked. "'Found out?' We don't do anything illegal. Besides, I doubt they have armor enough to withstand our cannons; it's a fat powerhouse, that's all it is. Nevertheless. . . Say, you know that other ship that left the dock in such a hurry?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Unimaginative

"I think I do. Was it that ship with the Cat at the prow?" he said, his voice mechanical through his Respirator.

OOC EDIT: Oops, sorry Jett. Fixed it.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

BlueRose

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 01, 2014, 04:15:19 PM
  A rat looked around at the burning beacon of terror that his captain's ship had become. The airbag was shot, quite literally as well as metaphorically, and he was falling. He landed mercifully in the canopy, but that was not his problem. He was marooned, stranded on a ship of the dead in a hostile forest that would consume him as soon as look at him. 'If only I had managed to make it all the way to Ninian's! Now I will die here... We were so close...' He looked around at his dead comrades and the bleeding wound in his chest, and began to sob yet again. Not a moment later, however, he heard a faint buzzing. Deeper and less eerie than the other buzz... No, this was an airship. He looked off into the distance, and spotted a large ship in the distance... Was it from his fleet? No, he could tell it wasn't... The balloon wasn't the same blue-grey, and the hull wasn't the silvery black... It seemed strangely patchwork. Wood type varied slightly, and the balloon had several patches and sealants on it... His navy would never allow that, no... Still, he had no choice and no course of action but to wait for the ship to turn to the smoking beacon that was his precious Melodious Kite...

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 03, 2014, 10:41:20 PM
Arya grinned. "We're off to the Quarry!" She exclaimed, happy. For some reason, she'd always liked the place.

Vicky grinned back at Arya and motioned that she could unbuckle if she wanted. The ottermaid paced the ship, and suddenly stopped short. There was a ship among the trees below them. It looked as if it had crashed, but it also had the look of a navy airship. "Shael, steer a bit..." She consulted a compass, and then gave up, waving her paw in the direction of the ruined ship. "That way." She knew it could be a trap, but perhaps it wasn't, and there were wounded creatures on board.

Shael nodded and turned the ship in the direction his mate had indicated, after, of course, laughing at her futile attempts to use a compass.

OOC: And suddenly, Vicky is hopeless with a compass. Ok. That works. I guess.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rusvul

The rat saw the ship sail in, and he was afraid. Afraid they'd kill him, afraid they couldn't save his life, afraid that they would try to torture navy secrets out of him... Nevertheless, it was all he could do to hope they were friendly and leave it in the hands of fate. He called out weakly ",Agghhh... Help... Only survivor..." He then collapsed into painfully drawn heavy breaths.

The Skarzs

"Yes. . . it did, didn't it? Shame I wasn't able to catch the name. Well, at least we saw the direction in which it was headed." Dregnar ordered two drinks. "We'll tell the master of the Steel Fist after we finish our beverages."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Unimaginative

"I caught the name," said Vlad with a sly grin, though it wasn't visible beneath his respirator. "It was called Vicky's Revenge. I wonder if Vicky is the name of the ship's owner." he lowered his respirator and took a sip of his drink, pondering this.

The Skarzs

"Vicky's Revenge, eh?" Dregnar took a draught from his mug. He thought he recognized the name from somewhere, but he wasn't sure. "Alright; hopefully this'll get us a few coins."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Izeroth

OOC: Says the one who makes a living off stealing from beasts.

BlueRose

OOC: I haven't stolen anything yet.  Not technically.

Izeroth

OOC: Pirate implies that you steal from people.

BlueRose