The Song of the Explorer

Started by Delthion, November 06, 2014, 04:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Ivan saw he had been noticed by the older squirrel, sitting down next to him he reached for a nearby glass of water.
"Hello comrade, my name is Ivan Vasten I am the captain of the small ship Surf Rider. I saw that you were preparing for an adventure of sorts, I was wondering if perhaps I might join your convoy. I have a small crew but they are all loyal and the Surf Rider is swift as a falcon I will not slow you down nor make things difficult for you." Draining the water from the glass Ivan waited for the other Onoirath answer.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Onoirath thought for a moment; "We need all of the ships we can get, after I finish this I'll come out to look at your ship, then I'll make a decision." said Onoirath ponderously.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

Ivan grinned, he liked the other squirrels apparent concern his ship might not be capable of sailing with him. Shaking his head sadly he stood.
"Well comrade I will make sure your not disappointed." He replied coolly before nodding to the cat and Onoirath turning exiting the hall to make sure the Surf Rider was ready.

Delthion

Onoirath remarked to Silonna as he got up to inspect the Surf Rider: "I do hope that his ship is acceptable, he seemed to be quite likeable."

Once he was on the beach he saw the squirrel waiting for him. "Well, let's take a look at this ship. I never did catch your name." He remarked as he boarded the ship noticing it's small size and waited for the squirrel to join him.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

Silonna had barely even acknowledged the presence of either Onoirath or the other squirrel, and made only a grunt of a response to her captain's comment.  She was just happy to be left in peace so that she could finish her breakfast; this would most likely be her last chance for privacy for the next several months, and she was going to enjoy it.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

LT Sandpaw

"I told you it is Ivan comrade." Ivan replied helping Onoirath onboard, three of his crew were already awake having hurriedly prepped the ship for inspection. The rest were waking up groggily, rubbing eyes and yawning. Most of them were gray squirrels however there was a few otters mixed in.
Ivan walked the other captain over the small craft pointing out several of it's more impressive features in the simple ship.

OOC: okay so I didn't think they would be able to climb aboard from the beach but that's fine.

Delthion

Onoirath searched the ship for any defects and finally said: "She seems to be a sturdy craft, how fast can she go with the wind at her back? And how well can she handle a storm?"

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I know almost nothing about sailing but I know a little so bear with me please.

BIC: "With the wind behind her she can go a nice thirty to thirty-five knots comrade and handling a storm is second nature, she's seen many in her day." Ivan patted the railing fondly, "anything else you would like to know comrade?" he asked cheerfully knowing his ship was a good one.

OOC: Okay so I don't know what speeds a sailing ship could go at top speed so I took a guess if its too fast or too slow please PM me and I will fix it.

Delthion

OOC: Actually, I know very little about sailing as well.  :)

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Okay good we'll role with it then, so what happens now?

Delthion

Onoirath looked over the Surf Rider one more time and then nodded. "Yes, you can join the expedition, make sure you are well fortified, pirates are plentiful on the western shores." He glanced at Ivan and climbed off of the ship, he then got on his own ship; the Bonny Prince Charlie and woke up his faithful companion; Dilseth who yawned, stretched and walked to Onoirath's side. Onoirath then walked back to the mountain in a cheerful mood.

LT Sandpaw

The squirrel saluted smartly as the other squirrel climbed off and walked to the mountain. Now all he had too do was wait for the order to set out, and Ivan was just dying to leave. Turning to his still awakening crew Ivan yelled out.
"Gather the stores, get some more weaponry from the mountain, enough to last us several seasons move it." As his crew ran to do his bidding he leaned against the railing wondering if he had made a good impression on Onoirath.

Conrad the Painless

Gorelan stood at the bow of his ship, The Southern Terror, enjoying the calm feeling of the salty air rushing through his fur. One of his crew was at the helm, enjoying the feeling also. From the crow's nest came a call: "Salamandastron ahead Captain!" Gorelan did not respond immediately, but chose to stare at the distant mountain, a look of passiveness upon his face. "Keep sailing, we won't be able to get too close, drop anchor here!" Gorelan heard the shuffling of paws as two rats hauled up the rusty, heavy anchor and tossed it overboard. The sound the anchor made when it hit the water was very satisfying, and Gorelan grew excited; for he had another chance to attack the mountain soon.  
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Ashleg

Stellan Damu growled and bared his teeth upon seeing another vessel dock itself where he was going to keep his. Unfortunately, the Golden Fangs had been a bit slower in reaching Salamandastron than that other guy's ship.
But, in all honesty, he hadn't even noticed The Southern Terror until now.
That was a fault on his crew's part. He'd punish them later.
For now he needed to settle things with that other Captain.
"Drop the anchor!" He shouted, pointing at a nearby stoat.
"Drop the anchor? Here? But Cap'n, don't you see that other---" He was cut off abruptly.
Stellan curled his lip, placing his sword near the stoat's throat.
"When I tell you to drop the anchor, you do it. Or did you not hear me..?"

LT Sandpaw

Ivan peered though his long glass in he direction the other squirrel was pointing.
"I don't see anything Ziro, he told the sharp eyed crew hand, but if you say you saw a sail way out there I believe you, the thing is it's probably just a passing merchant ship." He told him confidently, "If your worried your more then welcome to stand watch tonight." Ziro shook his head quickly.
"Naw thanks Cap'n, your right probably just a merchant no need for a guard, but sir mayhaps we should tell the other Cap'n, whatshiswhiskers Onoirath."
"Your more than welcome." Ivan responded.
"Er never mind Cap'n, there's no need."