Battles Of Redwall RP Series: Thanksgiving Spectaculaur!

Started by Blaggut, December 02, 2014, 06:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

From a far away land called Europia, comes animals not found here before. Too Mossflower they come from the shores of Salamandestron, seeking one thing; Bugs. The people in Europia have a fashion love for them. Upon their heads are the antennas. Epeilettes of beetle carapaces. Fly wing material lining a lady's dress. A good dragon fly, or god forbid, a deadly scorpion, will fetch a large price back home. The natives help the men survive and hunt, and in return, take guns, gunpowder, and some of the harvest. But it is not always peaceful. These hunters did not pay their debt, and therefore, they may find themselves hunted.

Ok, this is based on the American fur trade if you didn't notice. The bug traders/colonials have more guns and are much more skilled, and can load at a higher speed, but are lower moral, and weaker and less fed. The Indians are much worse with guns, and have fewer, but have more men (about one half more). They are higher moral.
~Just a soft space boi~

Blaggut

The Colonials are in a camp about half a mile off shore, in the woods. The Indians have a surprise advantage, and are coming in from the back right. Most guns are loaded but will be hard too lose in such close quarters unless cover is gained. The clearing where the camp is large-ish.
~Just a soft space boi~

Izeroth

At first, Flintclaw had welcomed the traders. They provided a good source of riches, and they usually kept to themselves, without bothering the tribe. Lately, however, more and more traders had been coming. These traders brought more powerful weapons with them, and came in larger ships than before. Flintclaw was unnerved by all this, and had decided to launch an ambush on the traders before they became too powerful to control.

When his group was near the fortress, the weasel ordered it to split up into three parts. Two groups of gunners and archers to the right and left flanks, and a group of beasts with spear and shield in the center. "Move forward when I raise my hand," he ordered his troops.

LT Sandpaw

War chief Virren of Shadows along wit the warriors of his tribe climbed the ridge overlooking the fortress, he had never seen such a building before. When his tribes warriors had been summoned by the more powerful neighbors to help fight the traders he had never expected this.
"Quiet brothers, we must wait for Flintclaw's attack like he ordered, then we attack the fort as well." Virren's warriors weren't as well armed as Flitclaw's because of their lower station, but they would fight just as ferociously. Virren adjusted his position slightly, he could just see the other warriors approaching the fort. The rat and his warriors waited for Flintclaw's assault silently saying prayers to the spirits for protection against the dangerous weapons of the traders. 

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Hastigeth stood near Alonso, gazing upon the hordes of savages. He held his gun at the ready, awaiting any order. He turned to face Alonso, and asked: "May I be in command of a small group of beasts, in order to possibly surprise the horde of savages, besieging our fortress?"
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

Flintclaw raised his paw in the air. "Take the fortress!" He yelled to his troops; "Charge the gate!"

The tribe needed no encouragement. They swept towards the fortress, nearly one-hundred strong and covered with paint. They leapt over rocks, skirted around fallen logs, and drew their weapons, all while shouting their savage war cries.

Delthion

Hastigeth watched the horde begin their charge. "Hold your fire!" he yelled at those that held their guns ready to fire. "Wait until you are sure that you cannot miss." Hastigeth then went to a window, and readied his musket, and waited.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

Virren could hear and see the Flintclaws tribe charge the gates, He moved quickly gathering his warriors around they moved silently, thirty strong they pressed against the walls.
"Help me brothers." The fighters stacked large thick branches against the wall, The more nimble squirrels went first climbing the sticks till they could jump over the battlements, this back wall was clear, most of the defenders concentrating on the frontal assault. Once the squirrels reached the top they threw down thick vines for the other warriors to climb up.
Grabbing the first vine that came down Virren climbed paw over paw to the top helped by the his squirrel fighters at the top. In short order every one of Virren's fighters were on the wall.
"Hurry find the stores, we need their weapons." The mixed warriors raced down off the wall, towards the few buildings.

OOC: The forts big enough for this to be legit right?

Izeroth

OOC: Sandpaw, we're vermin, not squirrels.

Flintclaw stood behind the main group of warriors, directing the fire of the archers and gunners. He hoped that the noise from the warriors, combined with the boom of guns, would provide enough of a distraction for Virrin and his beasts to do their work. If the plan went well, Flintclaw expected to have the fortress by sunset.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Oops sorry I thought it was mixed for the tribes I will fix it.

Delthion

When the vermin were within fifty yards the lynx gave the order to fire, the sound of several muskets firing rent the air and he watched as many vermin fell under the first volley. "Fire at will!" shouted Hastigeth as he still waited for Alonso to respond to his question.

OOC: What if Conrad isn't active for a few more days? Do we just assume he is killed and I assume control, or what?

Izeroth

OOC: Assume one of the archers or musketbeasts got him, I guess.

Delthion

Blaggut

Ooc: The sides are mixed, I shoulda been more clear. The tribals will have fewer of the species not found in America, if there are any in Redwall. Btw, the biggest protocol is defending the dead bug stores.
~Just a soft space boi~

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Ahha I knew they were mixed I'm changing it back to squirrels, oh by the way aren't the traders fighting for their lives? Why would they be concerned about bug stores?