50 Degrees Below

Started by Izeroth, February 19, 2015, 03:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

The entirety of Frostloft had gone black; even the emergency lights were off. Dark diplomats rushed frantically around the vast, metallic caverns, and weak LEDs flashed from the helmets of concerned soldiers. Nobeast knew why the lights had gone off, but everybeast knew when: it had happened just as the diplomatic talks were discussing the Dorieuan oil trade.

Amid the confusion, Emperor Jidian and Lord Silverstripe were attempting to maintain some shadow of control. They each spoke to their soldiers and diplomats, urging them to remain calm. However, their urging had little effect, and the room remained in a state of general chaos. Not even the threatening voices of seasoned long patrol officers could bring the confusion to a halt.

In the power control room, a shadowy figure slunk away from the main control panel. He had no doubt that his tinkering with the lights would do a fine job of ruining the evening.

LT Sandpaw

Virren moved quickly warming up his thermal scanners the room lit up brilliantly, at least for him. The orange and yellow shapes flitted across the screen as he moved though the crowd searching for a particular heat signature.

Finding Jidian, Virren whispered into his ear. "Your Majesty please keep your head down until power is restored. I'm awaiting further orders sire."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Onju wasn't with his diplomat at the time of the blackout; he drew his pistol and turned on his light. He choose to head to the armory, and maybe find some protective armor and a stronger light.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Faiyloe

The Lights had gone out quit suddenly and Levaria had let out a startled squeak and dropped her pen and tablet. For few second she didn't move assuming that the lights would turn back on any second, but they didn't. She saw several flash lights flick on and she dropped down under to table to retrieve her pen and tablet. She felt around for the pen but it wasn't there, it must have rolled away.

She found the pen under one of the Idorian diplomats chairs and crawled out from under the table, tucking it behind her ear and straitened her jacket, not that any one could see her at the moment.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Søren

Eillam was in the middle of the group when the lights went out. Hired to make sure all goes to plan, he tried to calm the diplomats and delegates.
"Ok, ok everyone! Let's just stay calm, and I'm sure the lights will be back on soon. Let's just be calm, and take it easy."
He in no way believed the words he just stated. Of corse this must be sabotage, or else they would have the lights back on by know. In whatever case, he was keeping his weapon close. Just in case things got out of hand.

I'm retired from the forum

Izeroth

"Take a squad with you and secure the area," Jidian ordered Virren. "I want to make sure there are no hostiles in the area."

Having given his orders, Jidian retreated into a small office room. He would wait here until he knew that the outside was safe.

LT Sandpaw

Sending two to guard the Emperor, Virren assembled a squad from the mass of creature. Positioning two at every entrance he soon had the room secure. Finding nothing overly suspicious besides the sudden darkness Virren paw picked three of his remaining guards to accompany him.

Exiting the conference room they moved down the hall ready to apprehend any creature trying to enter.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Onju, turning away from the armory (figuring he had no experience with military weapons) headed to the conference room. As a neutral diplomat, he needed to make sure the negotiators were safe.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

Eillam was worried. Any minute now, it could be an all out firefight, maybe even a war. Something had to be done, but there didn't seem to be anything he could do. At least, nothing he was allowed to do.

I'm retired from the forum