Duel Between Sagetip and Sandpaw,

Started by LT Sandpaw, March 02, 2015, 03:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Col saw the blow coming and swung to parry it, the injury in his side made him double up effectively dodging most of the swing. The rapier cut off most of his right ear leaving a bleeding stump.
"Aaaagh! Curse you cat, I'll gut yer." With his ear bleeding profusely he attacked with the sax knife slashing towards Fardan's head.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

The blade scratched Fardan's throat. His left paw came up, and he wiped the blood from the long, shallow cut. Purring in antcipation, he crouched low, then sprung up, the dirk blade swinging in a great upward thrust.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Col ducked quickly he could hear the blade whistling past brushing some of the fur on his head. As Fardan twisted Col lunged forward with the sax aiming for the center of the cat's chest.

Hickory

Fardan sidestepped the thrust and out his dirk, the left side of the blade level with the fox's midriff.

LT Sandpaw

Col dodged right raising the rapier to retaliate when he slipped on the ice. With a yelp of surprise he fell heavily hitting his head hard. Stars flashed in his vision, knowing he was in trouble Col slashed wildly while pushing himself away from Fardan.

Hickory

Fardan himself needed a reprieve; he backed off, ready for the fox t make a move. He gasped for breath as he watched Col.

LT Sandpaw

Slowly Col picked himself up glad for the quick break from the fighting. Wiping mud from his coat and fur he cleaned blood and water from his sword and knife before readying them again.
"You ready?" He asked.

Hickory

"But of course, Mr. Todd. Whenever you're ready, brushtail."

LT Sandpaw

"Good." Col said simply before attacking. His blade wove a pattern though the air, first stabbing high then low then suddenly swiping with the sax hoping that one of the blows would catch the cat of guard.

Hickory

Fardan was hard ppressed to parry and counterthrust the stabs Col threw at him. While doing do, the sax knife scraped his chest. Fardan ressted the urge to look down and continued counterattacking. With a swipe of the rapier, Fardan tried to open Col's midriff.

LT Sandpaw

Fardan's blade left a long bloody slash across Col's chest. The wound stung but Col ignored the pain that seemed to come from every inch of his body. Recklessly he flung himself forward slashing downwards towards the cats head with the rapier.

Hickory

Fardan clapped his left paw against what was now an earstump. Growling at Col, he attmepted to launch him self from a bove, but just before his hind paws left the ground he dropped to the ground and stapped at Col with the dirk.

LT Sandpaw

Col grunted in surprise as the dirk struck out, both his blades had been held up to block the blow from above. With only one way to go to avoid the blade Col lurched back. He landed on nothing but air as he slipped over the edge. A scream of panic ripped from his throat as he drove the sax knife into the ice making an effective paw hold. Col found himself hanging by the hilt of his sax knife over a sheer cliff. He watched as his rapier flashed and fell, twirling onto the rocks far below. He scrabbled desperately trying to pull himself over the edge grabbing a anything that might give him a paw hold.

Hickory

Fardan backed away. He made no effort to help the fox, but he too threw his rapier over the edge. It was lost forever to the mists. He yelled to the fox over the howling wind. "Well, now we're even. It would be cowardly to strike you down if your position. Make your way up, and we'll fight with our knives."

LT Sandpaw

Col glared at the cat, angry he had been caught in a weakened state. Struggling furiously he pulled himself onto the cliff side pulling his knife up with him. For a moment he lay panting on the edge. With a sudden twist Col leaped at his enemy, the long knife flashing. The fox stabbed at the cats side with all the speed he could muster.