News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

World Roleplay OOC

Started by W0NWILL, October 24, 2014, 05:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

Quote from: W0NWILL on October 30, 2014, 11:38:27 AM
@Izzy: If that were to be the case, the language barrier would add too many complications that could be avoided. It would be fun and add realism, but English will be the 'common' language that most beasts can speak, but there will be regional languages as well.

Would you mind if my character cannot speak English? He's from a tribal village and has never had contact with civilization. I know the whole language barrier would be a problem, but I don't plan for him to stick around that long, and I actually think it might be interesting with him trying to communicate with them through drawings and such.

W0NWILL

@Jett: Yup. It'd be rather boring without people joining up all the time. Well, not boring, per say, but less entertaining.

@Izzy: Aye, that's fine. Large-scale is hard, small scale is fun.

W0NWILL

Double-post to add my final character(for now).

Name: Ginko
Species: Hare
Weapon: Rapier
Nationality: Born at sea
Appearance: Ginko is a rough-looking hare. He has the usual sandy coat, but he looks like he's been through a blender five times. He wears baggy cargo shorts, a long maroon frock coat, and a red bandanna that sends his long ears flopping to the sides.
Personality: Ginko is a naughty, roguish character, and has much the archetypical hare personality. He's very suave and charming, though always very aware of his surroundings. Despite being very alert, he's a bit dense and actually completely illiterate. But he knows sailing like few others. He takes few things seriously except for food and his boat.
History: Ginko was born on the deck of a ship and doesn't plan to stop sailing for as long as he lives. Where other beasts get seasick, he gets landsick, and likes nothing better than the feeling of a rolling deck under his paws. He currently commands the Bay's Leaf, a pretty little vessel that he's renting out to Hillary and her expedition.
Other:

The Skarzs

I'm going to post after they get into another country; is that alright?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

W0NWILL

Conrad the Painless

Name: Conrad the Painless

Species: Boar

Nationality: Ramarian (Ramar, Japan)

Weapon: Naginata; a type of spear, and a Long Bow

Appearance: Conrad the Painless is always prepared for battle. Clad in armor, he walks with the swagger of authority and respect. He removes his helmet when indoors, revealing a white stripe which runs from the bottom of his jaw to the top of his left cheek. His fur is a light brown. His armor is a dark blue, always shined to perfection. This armor is of typical Japanese style, only he wears a coat of chain-link under the plated "shell". His helmet is made to cover his long snout and has two holes on either side, meant to allow Conrad's large tusks to poke through. The tusks themselves are always clean, gleaming in the sunlight. Conrad's height is set between that of a badger and a snow leopard, as an example.     

Personality: Conrad's personality is typical of a boar. He is greedy, sometimes jealous of others, and has a high temper. Where Conrad comes from, boars represent recklessness and strength, only Conrad has a little more control of how he behaves. He has won many battles by simply plowing into the enemy with the strength of his clan. But, he is also a great strategist. Conrad knows that there are some battles that cannot be solved by charging head-on. He knows a good opportunity when he sees one, strange for his race, which are often labeled as stupid or foolish. Conrad has respect for great warriors, but he does not bully the weak and defenseless. He believes that his choices in battle or during an expedition are wise, even when others doubt him. In the end, it is hard to change his mind when he has made a proper decision.   

History: Conrad the Painless earned his title by defeating a large serpent without showing any sign of pain, even when it bit him multiple times. Conrad comes from a long line of great warriors and generals. The thing is, almost all of them died from recklessness in battle. Conrad tries hard to control his anger, letting rude comments about his race pass through him like a gentle wave. This mighty general has fought many battles and skirmishes in his homeland, protecting his clan as if they were his own flesh and blood. Currently, he finds himself in Moss-flower country because his emperor has sent him to explore new lands and to bring back news of the status-quo of other kingdoms....and maybe conquer a few uncharted territories.   

Other: Has terrible map-reading skills. Illiterate. Patient. Often surrounded by a group of solders. 
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

The Skarzs

Impressive character, Conrad; I hope you're accepted because it would be interesting to interact with him. ;)

Anyways, welcome to the forum! If you post in the Introduction Topic in the Front Lawns, you can be more readily welcomed by the other members. :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Conrad the Painless

Thank you! I like to think that I tried my best! I'll look into that introduction topic you speak of.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

W0NWILL

Not accepted.

:D I'm joking. You're awesome.

The Skarzs

^ Eeeeviiiiillll. . .

When will the characters be traveling into a different country? Pretty soon, I hope?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

W0NWILL

I try.

We'll be wrapping up the bar scene pretty soon, then we'll get on the boat. I don't plan on roleplaying the sea scenes that much. At least not this one. That might change if we're ever chased by pirates or a navy or something.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Conrad the Painless

The Skarzs

Quote from: W0NWILL on November 05, 2014, 02:59:42 AM
Hillary started again, staring up at Conrad, "Uh...Yes, Hillary. That's my name." Wow, most of these creatures were huge! She felt tiny compared to the boar, stag, and wolverine, and even to Kjettle and Hastigeth.
I feel kind of bad for Hillary, especially since my character is bigger than any of the others. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

W0NWILL

Maybe I'll make a pygmy shrew character later, just to make her feel better.  :D