Members
Guests, Member/Guests Mods and Nods
DDB Allies

Rainshadow

How could you ever think that cats weren't cute?  I mean, just look at this:

And now look at a dog:

See?

Oh, and to all you cat haters, this shall be your fate:

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Skyblade

And I'm over here laughing until tears are literally forming in my eyes. It's amazing when something is just that funny :D These last few pages are indeed off-topic (:P), but they're hilarious enough that I won't be very annoyed.

As for this great debate, I must say I like them both. Perhaps we should start a thread just for the discussion of this topic, as long as it doesn't escalate into a Cats VS Dogs all-out war.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

HA HA HA-!

Er, I mean. . . *cough*. . . How drolly amusing.

We've had both cats and dogs (as well as some chickens, four guinea pigs, a turtle, and countless snakes and frogs), and I can't say that I could prefer either one.
I really like cats; they suit me. But from my experience, cats are very hard to train not to litter, they are more often than naught typical in cat attitude, and a couple other things. However, they have often been sources of great amusement for me.

Dogs have been both great advantages and complete burdens in my life. We've had more than a few dogs; one was alright, but she was the "nobody likes me, everybody hates me; I'm gonna go eat worms" sort of dog. She also was Houdini reincarnated. Then we had a "puppy" that we had to put down due to a skin disease, and now we've had an old American bulldog for six years. She had thirty puppies in her life. . . Suffice to say that there is a reason we nicknamed them "poopies" and I never want to deal with another dung-facility like them again. The old mother is currently stinking up half the house with her ponderous posterior. We took in a mutt for some friends, and I'm relieved that he's more happy with someone else (and I don't have to deal with his. . . piles anymore). My sister has had two chitzus (one a half-breed, the other full Imperial; the mutt was run over because he was a brat and would not obey anything, including staying off the busy road), and the one she has now won't stop laying surprises when we're not looking. Though, having dogs is nice to know when a coyote is around, or when someone's home.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on March 09, 2015, 04:21:43 AM
PREEMPTIVE STRIKE!
*ties up Faiy and Sky and tosses them off a cliff.*
AND THATS FOR THE ARENA!!
;D

*Flies out of danger* ;)

EDIT: Just kidding, I just realized that I got tied up. Here's what really happened:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Quote from: Delthion on March 09, 2015, 02:08:27 AM
QuoteSkyblade    10:07:15 PM    Unknown Action
Faiyloe    10:06:51 PM    Unknown Action

They have defected.

What?? I don't even know how I did that O.o

Though I must admit, we shouldn't be so hard on the guests. Whether they're good or bad or neutral, we don't know. Do we? SO WHO AGREES?

Mhera

I used to like cats. Truly, I entered this world as an equal-opportunity animal lover. If it was furry and mammalian I automatically gushed over it, cats included. However, I was fortunately able to see the true colors of the feline kind before any further indoctrination could take place. A mishap ending in bloodshed set my young, impressionable mind down the proper path during the summer of my eighth year, and ever since a schism between my realm and that of the cats has been ever-present and unbridgeable.

@Sky: absolutely right! Here, have some dumpster juice.

*passes Sky dumpster juice*

Skyblade

Thank you kindly friend, but is this sanitary?

Jetthebinturong

Dogs
Mostly terrible coarse fur (with few exceptions)
Too excitable
Too big
Completely dependent on humanity
Devolved forms of what they once were
Cats
Independent
Only animal to domesticate themselves
Cuddly
Silky soft fur
Adorable
Could be self-sufficient
Lazy
Able to fit through any gap their head can fit through due to lack of collarbone
Inquisitive
Can detect cancer
More complex bone structure than dog
Cunning
Clever
Agile
Sense of smell three times better than a dog's
Sense of hearing WAY better than a dog's
Whiskers detect the electrical energy given off by living things
Perfect night vision
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

LT Sandpaw

Sorry cats can't instill fear in criminals

Or help blind people

Or do this.

But they can do this

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rainshadow

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on March 16, 2015, 07:57:08 PM
Or help blind people

*Ahem*  Have you never heard the story of the stray cat that just waltzed into someone's house, saw the old blind dog living there, and immediately took it upon itself to be the dog's guide?

Guide cat leading a dog.  Boom.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on March 16, 2015, 07:57:08 PM

Sorry cats can't instill fear in criminals

Or help blind people

Or do this.

But they can do this

You seem to think that animals being useful to us is more important to me than their own choices (hint: it isn't)

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 16, 2015, 08:02:44 PM

You seem to think that animals being useful to us is more important to me than their own choices (hint: it isn't)

What? Your argument is based completely on cats being fluffy.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Mhera

And lazy.

Also, I could go into how dog fur feels wonderfully coarse, talk about how canines can detect cancer as well as bombs and drugs, are also clever and perhaps even smarter than cats, etc. but at that point the argument starts getting way too serious and takes effort so I'll just continue to resort to pictures ;D

You don't have to worry about where you pet a dog.

Quote from: Skyblade on March 16, 2015, 07:44:19 PM
Thank you kindly friend, but is this sanitary?
Um, just drink it. It'll make your immune system stronger.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on March 16, 2015, 08:23:21 PM
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 16, 2015, 08:02:44 PM

What? Your argument is based completely on cats being fluffy.

AHEM

Independent
Only animal to domesticate themselves
Could be self-sufficient
Able to fit through any gap their head can fit through due to lack of collarbone
Inquisitive
Can detect cancer
More complex bone structure than dog
Cunning
Clever
Agile
Sense of smell three times better than a dog's
Sense of hearing WAY better than a dog's
Whiskers detect the electrical energy given off by living things
Perfect night vision
I HAD THREE REASONS ABOUT THEM BEING FLUFFY, MOST OF MY POINTS WERE ABOUT THEM BEING AWESOME

Also Mhera, that chart is inaccurate, each cat is different on where it likes to be petted, all three of mine loved having their bellies scratched

Faiyloe

*From atop pillar* You know it is just an opinion and that no matter how much you try you are not going to convince anyone that you are right. Why don't we respect other peoples opinions and leave it at that.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?