News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 06, 2013, 10:48:04 PM
Zome 'ilariouz quotez from Monty Python An' Ze Holy Grail.
Yes! I love that movie! Now for some Princess Bride quotes. :)

Grandson: A book?
Grandfather: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books.

Inigo: That Vizzini, he can fuss.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at us.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no harm.
Fezzik: He's really very short on charm.
Inigo: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that!
Inigo: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

Vizzini: Inconceivable!
Inigo: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Inigo: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father- prepare to die. (I love Inigo's accent. :))

Fezzik: We face each other as God intended. Sportsmanlike. No tricks, no weapons, skill against skill alone.
Westley: You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?
Fezzik: [brandishing rock] I could kill you now.
Westley: Frankly, I think the odds are slightly in your favor at hand fighting.
Fezzik: It's not my fault being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Westley: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

AnnaofRedwall

"If you can catch a chicken that doesn't want to get caught, you can catch greased lightning!" ~Me

I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

Ungatt Trunn

"Look beyond what you see!"~ That really weird monkey from The Lion King.

Life is too short to rush through it.

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 07, 2013, 05:13:50 PM
"Look beyond what you see!"~ That really weird monkey from The Lion King.
Oh, Rafiki the baboon! I liked him. :)

Simba: I know what I have to do. But going back means I'll have to face my past. I've been running from it for so long.
Rafiki: *hits Simba on the head with his stick*
Simba: Ow! Jeez, what was that for?
Rafiki: It doesn't matter. It's in the past. *laughs*
Simba: Yeah, but it still hurts.
Rafiki: Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the from way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it.  *swings his stick again at Simba, who ducks out of the way* Ha. You see? So what are you going to do?
Simba: First, I'm gonna take your stick. *snatches Rafiki's stick and throws it*
Rafiki: No, no, no, no, not the stick!
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Ungatt Trunn

The Cosmic gate have some wonderful news! I can't quote it in words, so I'll do it video wise!

Yay! :D

Norham Waterpaw

Yay, we win! Ok, let's just take the day off tomorrow, just not come in.

~ Iron Man
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Ungatt Trunn

"Don't let anybody change who you are. If they think you should change, then its them that need to change. Everybody is special in there own way; Don't try to get everybody to act like everybody else just because they are different."
-Myself

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"He taught me to run away. So what? I taught him to crawl on the floor!"

-Squirrel Wars (A PBS televizion event about Zquirrelz an' peoplez attemptz tae keep zem oot o' zeir birdzeed feederz); This one man'z attempt tae ztop ze squirrel vaz a zmall electric zin' zat gave zem a zmall zhock. Aw 'e 'ad tae dae vaz valk acrozz ze room an' flip a zvitch. Eventually every time he went tae flip ze zvitch ze zquirrelz vould zee 'im an' run off, zae 'e 'ad tae cravl acrozz ze floor tae get tae ze zvitch.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwallfan7

Sam (To Frodo): Rosie Cotton dancing. She had ribbons in her hair. If ever I was to marry someone, it would have been her. it would have been her
Frodo: I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee. Here, at the end of all things.
(That's such an awesome scene  :) It's so bittersweet.

Merry: It's been going for hours!
Pippin: They must have decided something by now
Treebeard: Decided? No, we have just finished saying "Good Morning."
(Lol, gets me every time  :P)

Galadriel: Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

Arwen: Tell me what you have seen
Elrond: Arwen?
Arwen: You have the gift of foresight. What did you see?
Elrond: I looked into your future and I saw death.
Arwen: But there is also life. You *saw* there was a child, you saw my son!
Elrond: That future is almost gone.
Arwen: But it is not lost.
Elrond: Nothing is certain.
Arwen: Some things are certain. If I leave him now, I will regret it forever.

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

AnnaofRedwall

"I DID NOT fall, the floor simply needed a hug!"
    ~Bridget S.

Gimli: "...even their (dwarf doors) own masters can not find them if their secrets are forgotten!"

Legolas: "Why doesn't that surprise me?"
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

Redwallfan7

(Wizards of Waverly Place quote)
Harper:Robots could take over the world!
Alex (sarcastically, to mess with Harper):Well, how do you know that I'm not one, I'm not one, I'm not one
Harper (panics and runs out of the sub shop): It's happening!!
Alex:Ha ha ha ha ha!
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ungatt Trunn

Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?~ A very common quote ;D

Brinty

In my experience theirs no such thing as luck. - star wars Oby Wan Kenoby
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

Maudie

"Good friends bail you out of jail, but best friends sit next to you saying 'that was awesome!'"

"Good friends help you up, but best friends push you down and laugh"

Aah, mean friend jokes! ;D ;D :D :D  >:D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rainshadow

Some o' my favourite Groose quotes:

"You know, Link... It's sort of all right down here.  This place needs a name.  Yeah... A name fitting for this rugged, adventurous wilderness.  From now on, we'll call it... Grooseland!"

"Nice going, you two.  You guys were totally amazing in this little adventure I like to call the Legend of Groose.  ...That's a little joke."

For those of you who don't know, Groose is a character from The Legend of Zelda:  Skyward Sword.  In short, he's hilarious.  He's a bit of a jerk in the beginning, but he's still hilarious.  ;D

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!