News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

I just saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies today (YES I know I need to read the book first. I went to the theater with my friends. Couldn't resist ;D) Anyway, great movie! Here is one memorable quote (POSSIBLE SPOILER):

Tauriel: Why does love have so much...(pain)
Thranduil: Because it was real.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

Quote from: Skyblade on January 03, 2015, 04:18:23 AM
I just saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies today (YES I know I need to read the book first. I went to the theater with my friends. Couldn't resist ;D) Anyway, great movie! Here is one memorable quote (POSSIBLE SPOILER):

Tauriel: Why does love have so much...(pain)
Thranduil: Because it was real.

I have said before that I am very empathetic I think. During that scene, I felt dead inside.

Skyblade

It was very moving. Nonetheless, I personally believe that love is worth it...romantic or otherwise.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Edraithel

"Billions of years from now when the very stars have died we will still be young." Peter J Kreeft
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Søren

DID I NOT INSTRUCT, that box five was to be left, empty?
-Phantom, Phantom of the Opera.

I'm retired from the forum

Maudie

Don't read this unless you don't mind me spoiling The Blood of Olympus
"WHO DIED? WHO CAME BACK? WHO'S YOUR SUPER SIZED McSHIZZLE NOW, BABY?" -Leo Valdez
[close]
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Søren

Song from Phantom of the Opera (Warning:Voilence)

Start a new life with me
Buy his freedom with your love
Refuse me and you send your lover to his death!
This is the choice!
THIS IS THE PIONT OF NO RETURN!
[close]

Lady Ashenwyte

"Do toilets have extra sucking power these days?"- Shibuya Yuuri, Kyou Kara Maoh!
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Maudie

"As the good book says, when a poor man eats a chicken, one of them gets sick."- Tevye.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Søren

"Now, it shal be war, upon you both!"
-the Phantom
"YOU WILL CURSE THE DAY YOU DID NOT DO, ALL THAT THE PHANTOM ASKED OF YOUUUU!!!"
- the Phantom

Hickory

Hmmm...

"May The Force be With You"

-Obi-Wan Kenobi, as well as numerous other Jedi
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on January 04, 2015, 08:08:34 PM
Hmmm...

::)
"KHAANNNNNNNN!!!!"
-Jim Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

"My name, is, Khan."
-Khan, Star Trek: Into Darkness.

Hickory

"WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY?"

Just kiddin' with ya
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

Psych:
Karen Vick: It goes without saying, Mr. Spencer, that your father is in no way to participate in this investigation. He's no longer on the force, and his meddling could compromise the case in court. Do I make myself clear?
Shawn Spencer: Yes, you do, Chief. What isn't clear is why people always say "goes without saying," yet still feel compelled to say the thing that was supposed to go without saying. Doesn't that bother you?
Karen Vick: No, and frankly, I could care less.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: Now, that's the one that bothers me. Why do people say, 'I could care less' when they really mean, 'I couldn't care less?'
Karen Vick: Well, why don't you tell me how to properly say this? If you share any official information about this case with your father, or let him anywhere near any new evidence, then the two of you will have to find another police department to work for, and I will personally see to it that each of you is charged with obstruction of justice.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: You split an infinitive.
Shawn Spencer: Good catch, Gus!
Karen Vick: You two realize I carry a gun, right?
Burton 'Gus' Guster: That was perfectly elocuted.

Rusvul

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 04, 2015, 08:12:08 PM
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on January 04, 2015, 08:08:34 PM
Hmmm...

::)
"KHAANNNNNNNN!!!!"
-Jim Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

"My name, is, Khan."
-Khan, Star Trek: Into Darkness.

"KHAAAAAANNNNN!"
-Spock, Star Trek: Into Darkness

(Which is the best thing about that movie.)