News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[DISCUSSION] The Redwall Kitchen

Started by martins#1fan, July 20, 2011, 07:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordTBT

Worth noting, these are reader-created recipes. For the Brian Jacques-endorsed ones, you're going to want to pickup The Redwall Cookbook.

CrazyPug37

Quote from: LordTBT on May 17, 2013, 09:27:43 PM
Worth noting, these are reader-created recipes. For the Brian Jacques-endorsed ones, you're going to want to pickup The Redwall Cookbook.
Many of these are from The Redwall Cookbook, but were posted on that site for people that don't have the book, but still want to make the recipes.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

LordTBT

Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 17, 2013, 11:49:21 PM
Many of these are from The Redwall Cookbook, but were posted on that site for people that don't have the book, but still want to make the recipes.

No they're not. The site hasn't been updated since 2004, which was prior to the publication of the Cookbook. And as someone who in fact owns the Cookbook, I can assure you none of these are the recipes in it.

Second, it would be 100% illegal and copyright infringement to post the actual recipes from the book online. The whole purpose of the Redwall Cookbook is if you want the official recipes, you buy the book. I would think everyone here is a supporter of Brian Jacques, and interested in ensuring his legal estate/group, as well as his publisher, receives funds for his work. It sells for $17.99 on Amazon, which is less than 3 hours work if you earn minimum wage in the United States. I think most can afford that, especially if you've made a donation that amount or higher to the Redwall game Kickstarter.

Gonff the Mousethief

I just madied candied pecans! they are great!!! ;D
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Iamthatis

My favorite is good ol October Ale mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Gonff the Mousethief

I AM MAKIN SHREW BEER !!!!
I also want some October ale!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Iamthatis

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on January 16, 2014, 12:45:17 AM

Its very good you will love it.
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Cornflower MM

Quote from: LordTBT on May 18, 2013, 01:11:22 AM
Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 17, 2013, 11:49:21 PM

No they're not. The site hasn't been updated since 2004, which was prior to the publication of the Cookbook. And as someone who in fact owns the Cookbook, I can assure you none of these are the recipes in it.

Second, it would be 100% illegal and copyright infringement to post the actual recipes from the book online. The whole purpose of the Redwall Cookbook is if you want the official recipes, you buy the book. I would think everyone here is a supporter of Brian Jacques, and interested in ensuring his legal estate/group, as well as his publisher, receives funds for his work. It sells for $17.99 on Amazon, which is less than 3 hours work if you earn minimum wage in the United States. I think most can afford that, especially if you've made a donation that amount or higher to the Redwall game Kickstarter.

I'm sorry, WHAT?!?!??

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Mariel

Quote from: Iamthatis on January 16, 2014, 06:11:00 PM

Do those things have actual alcohol in them? ??? I've always wondered.

Gonff the Mousethief

the ones I found online don't
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Mariel on January 20, 2014, 06:55:38 PM
Quote from: Iamthatis on January 16, 2014, 06:11:00 PM

Do those things have actual alcohol in them? ??? I've always wondered.
Some do but there are some recipes that are non-alchoholic.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rosey

Quote from: Nightfire on July 20, 2011, 09:32:36 PM
Ever hear of Otter Rockcreams? Heeheehee ;D

lolol- Died laughing at the picture in my mind- shared it with my family tho- so no hope of surprise there..... :P
Rosey -
Ever tried Redwall nutbread???  If not PM me... It will change your morning life :)