News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall ---> Salamandastron route

Started by Captain Tammo, June 29, 2011, 05:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

It looked a little bit more to the south in my book
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Wot Wot!

Great map, I must say, wot!  How long did it take you to do that Folgrimeo?
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Folgrimeo

Have no idea, maybe four hours. "High Rhulain" is the only book I don't have anymore, but I don't recall its map being that expansive. Upon glancing at the Redwall Map & Riddler thing on Redwall Wiki, I concluded that's the best map anyone will get, detailed while still being clean.

Redwall Musician

Great job Folgrimeo. I don't think I could take the time to make a whole map. I really don't understand why sometimes things seem to disappear in different stories. Oh well!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Cheesethief

Quote from: Folgrimeo on July 28, 2011, 10:12:24 PM
There was probably a change in the coastline early on, but after that Salamandastron has for the most part been west of Redwall Abbey. If you're looking for consistency in the maps, there really isn't any. I proved that myself when I attempted to draw every location throughout the series (from Redwall to High Rhulain), and found several inconsistencies along the way. Plus it gets muddled really fast. This is why no comprehensive official map exists, because it'd look like that.

The arrow from Salamandastron either means I accidentally put it up too far north, or that there's usually one of two places it's in. Looks like I assumed there were mountains between Redwall and Salamandastron, but for all we know, some creatures may have just walked around it. Maybe the path between Salamandastron and Redwall was more wild back in the day, and through multiple troddings back and forth, a clear path emerged.
faboulous map, but Loamhedge is to the west?. I dont blame you though because Mattimeos map is probably the hardest to get around. this is the kind of map ive been looking for for a long time. Great job!

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Coobreedan

Whenever I look at that map I always think: "I wanna walk there." It seems a friendly place somehow.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Captain Tammo

What I don't understand is why no villains built a fort there!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Faiyloe

It would be faster to take the river then to walk all the way and a hare would most likely be faster than a mole. also if you don't know the way to Salamandastron then it will probably take longer then if you have been there before. 

As for the mountains I just like to think they went around them. If you sail down the river moss for instance then head south along the cost you avoid the mountains completely.   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Shade

Yeah, I found it amusing that the mountains slowly disappeared. Mostly in the newer books, there only seems to be a short walk from Redwall to Salamandastron.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

WildDoogyPlumm

My guess about the Salamandastron problem is that the route probably became more known as time went on.  You know, more creatures explored the land, the best routes back and forth became clearer.  Martin, Gonff, and Dinny didn't seem to know exactly how to get to Salamandastron, but beasts from later time periods do. 
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Captain Tammo

I suppose that makes sense. Wasnt there a dibbun who made the journey once? Or at least somebeast very very young?

LordTBT

It's not that the mountain range isn't there - it is, as it's home to Bat Mountpit - it's that the illustrators may just not have added it to the map because it's not relevant to the current story.

Plus, there's more than one way to travel to Salamandastron.

Tam and Martin

I never thought about this much but I always thought that Salamandastron was several days away from Redwall. Sometimes, though, it doesn't give you that impression.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000