News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Animal Towns/Cities

Started by AbbotPlumble, July 05, 2011, 03:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbotPlumble

I know that Redwall Abbey, Loamhedge, Salamandstrom, etc. had many inhabitants.  I also know many woodlanders lived underground or in trees, but I was curious...do any of the animals have like towns or cities with buildings?  Like animal communities or townships with houses and such?

I ask because I have not read the series in all its entirety yet.  And it seems like the Abbey and only a few other places house many animals.

Thank you!

Captain Tammo

The next closest thing to an actual community with houses I'd say is the caves of luke's tribe because The caves were like e houses and there were meeting caves n' stuff also. But as for actual cities, there isn't any mentioned in the series except in the beginning of "redwall", when every beast is talking about rumors of Cluny's hoard chasing cattle through a small town. That's about as close as I gets.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Wot Wot!

There was the island of Sampetra, Ublaz's community in Pearls of Lutra, but I think it was just a port more than anything...then there was Gabool's castle...
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Galedeep

Towns have been vaguely mentioned but never visited.

Osu

I never picture them as being part of the Redwall universe, but they are alluded to a few times in various books. For example, the Rogue Crew makes mention of "towns and settlements" or something like that.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Plugg Firetail

What about Noonvale?Does that count as a village/town/city?

Skipper

thats probably the most town like place in the book

winifred

Quote from: Skipper on October 10, 2011, 08:23:03 PM
thats probably the most town like place in the book
I agree they talked about noonvale like a town.
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Dotti

I think a lot of creatures just live throughout the woodlands; close, but not really next door.  Sort of like Mr. Muskar and the Lightpaws.  They were neighbors, but they didn't really live close to each other.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques