News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Martin knows Matthias?

Started by Alessandro Reinares, July 08, 2011, 08:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarky Thistlebrush

Wow, Hazel! (Can I call you that?) And welcome to the forum!
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Tungro

Quote from: Hazelrah42 on October 03, 2019, 02:14:27 AM
Quote from: Storm on July 11, 2011, 01:46:43 PM
Maybe something like what made the badger lords make the pictures on the walls. A sort of magic guides them to foretell the things that will come to pass.

I agree with this statement. I believe that sometime between Mossflower and the Outcast of Redwall, Martin journeyed back to Salamandastron and either helped liberate it from the hordes of Captain Ripfang who potentially took over, or if they were already defeated, was welcomed with open arms as someone who was in close association with Boar the Fighter. Harebell, Honeydew, Willow, Wother, Trubbs and Ffring would have been alive at this point as well regardless of whether or not the Mountain needed to be taken. I believe that while at Salamandastron, whether by wondering through the corridors as Sunflash the Mace and other badger lords had done or by invitation, he was able to use the magic of the badger lords as depicted in Lord Brocktree (Chapter 2 I think) and saw a vision of Matthias. This is what motivates him to hang up his sword upon his return to Redwall Abbey that is mentioned by Abbot Mortimer to Matthias in Redwall. In that same vision, he would have seen the invasion of Cluny the Scourge and how they almost win. If there weren't any walls prior to this event, it would explain why they were built, if there were, he would reinforce them upon his return, though I believe it was more likely the latter. Martin would have then known exactly where to place the words "I am that is" on the wall and to engrave those same words on his sword. It would also why came to Samkim in his vision of Martin the Warrior when Samkim was tasked to replace the sword on the north weather vane as well as when Martin came to Ruff Brush at the end of The Bell Maker. The sword had to be there order for the vision he saw at Salamandastron to come to pass.
Wow, that make a lot more sense now

Hazelrah42

Quote from: Jarky Thistlebrush on October 03, 2019, 09:01:43 AM
Wow, Hazel! (Can I call you that?) And welcome to the forum!

Totally bro!

Jarky Thistlebrush

So... Welcome, Hazel! (I LOVE Watership down and Hitchhiker's guide)!
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Hazelrah42

Thanks Jarky! Love the profile pic!

Jarky Thistlebrush

:D
Anyway, back to the topic. Look at this (The last one):

(It's from the webcomic xkcd).