News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Lost Vermin Characters

Started by Blaggut, September 17, 2013, 06:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Every notice how sometimes vermin when they walk away from the story, crew, or horde and are never heard of again? like the vermin at the the end of Lord Brocktree, or Blaggut, or Ashleg. What do you think happpened to them? Can you think of more? Should someone write a fan fic on one?
~Just a soft space boi~

Faiyloe

Groddil from the end of Brocktree. I always wanted to see him come back as the main villein.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Shade

Me too. But does Ripfang count as one? B/c he could have the Ripfang in Mossflower....
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Faiyloe

I like to think he was the one in Mossflower.

Shadowed One

In the Ask Brian questions, BJ said that the Ripfang in Mossflower and the one in Lord Brocktree were two different creatures.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Faiyloe

I know but I still Like to think he is. 

Blaggut

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 17, 2013, 06:30:22 PM
Groddil from the end of Brocktree. I always wanted to see him come back as the main villein.

Yeah, thats who thats was! i think. I thought the outcast of redwall was gonan be about him... too bad  :-\
~Just a soft space boi~

Vilu Daskar

Lousewort and his friend deserted from he Rapscallions
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Blaggut

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on September 19, 2013, 10:02:41 PM
Lousewort and his friend deserted from he Rapscallions

Thanks, who were the raps again?
~Just a soft space boi~

Faiyloe

That's the rat horde in long patrol,

Jukka the Sling

QuoteI like to think he was the one in Mossflower.
Even if Brian hadn't explicitly said so, I don't think that the Ripfang from Lord Brocktree is the one in Mossflower. The first Ripfang was when Brocktree was middle-aged or thereabouts. The one in Mossflower was when Boar, Brocktree's son, was old. And badgers live really long, so the first Ripfang would have died ages before Boar was Badger Lord. So, I don't really think that the two are one and the same. But yes, it would be cool if they were!  :)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Emperor Ublaz

Quote from: Shadowed One on September 17, 2013, 10:08:43 PM
In the Ask Brian questions, BJ said that the Ripfang in Mossflower and the one in Lord Brocktree were two different creatures.
But Ripfang from Lord Brocktree lived, so he could have been the same creature, unless he died of old age, but the two could still have been related...
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

Shadowed One

First, Brian said they aren't the same.

Second, if you think about the difference of time between Mossflower and Lord Brocktree, it makes no sense. Even if Ripfang was very young in Lord Brocktree, by the time of Mossflower he would be very old if not dead. Remember, Brocktree is a youngish badger in Lord Brocktree, but by Mossflower he has died of old age. Badgers in Redwall live a long life, so it is almost impossible that they could be the same.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Faiyloe

It never said how old Brocktree was in that book and it never said how old Bore was ether. He could have been grown up already when LB took place. 

Shadowed One

I know, but if Brocktree's father was still young enough to fight despite being super old, then Brocktree must have been in his 40s or so.