Find last book of redwall in french ?

Started by Argolan, November 05, 2014, 09:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argolan

hello,

Firstly sorry if this subject is not in the right section of the forum, I was not sure where.

Then I post this message to have some information. I'm a big fan of the saga of redwall I have read almost all the books, at least those in my language. You see, I'm French (unfortunately not my greatest, hence my problem) because I have three books I really want to read and which are:

- Eulalia!
  - Doomwyte
  - High Rhulain
  - The Rogue Crew

I look on the internet for weeks without finding any trace of any copy of these books in French and my English is too poor for hoped to read in English.

Do you know if there is a way for me to have access to these books in my language? because it pains me to not be able to read these books and discover new stories and characters redwall ....

I hope to have an answer to my problem if it exists ..

With that, I thank you for having read.  ;)

PS: sorry for the text that has to be not just a lot of sense to you, I did the best I could.

James Gryphon

Argolan ,
Ne vous inquiétez pas trop sur votre anglais; Je ne connais pas du tout le Français. Ceci est par un traducteur. Je suis en espérant qu'il pourrait être plus facile pour vous de lire ce de cette façon .

Malheureusement , je lis le le wiki Rougemuraille, et je ne sais pas si il ya des traductions en Français après "La Pierre qui marche". En outre, le Wikipedia français dit que "Doomwyte" et les autres que vous avez mentionnés ne sont pas traduits.

Je suis vraiment désolé.

---

Argolan,
Don't worry too much about your English; I know no French at all. This is through a translator. I'm hoping that it might be easier for you to read this that way.

Unfortunately, I read the Redwall wiki, and I'm not sure if there are French translations after "Rakkety Tam". Also, the French Wikipedia says that "Doomwyte" and the others you mentioned haven't been translated.

I'm very sorry.
« Subject to editing »

CaptainRocktree

You could buy it as a E-book, Then put it through a translation system and translate it into french!
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Argolan

Gryphon James - Thanks for the translation of messages, but I have translated after ^^. Concern the French wiki, yes it's mark told that there is no translation provided (except the High Rhulain which was scheduled for 2004 but no news since).

Anyway, I'll try the idea of CaptainRocktree. I am currently looking for a good translation software because I do not want to translate via anything, I venture not to understand the books.

Anyway, thank you for your answers. And good luck.

CaptainRocktree

Well I hope you you find a way you can read the books!
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Captain Tammo

Salut Argolan, et bienvenu a notre communite! :D

J'ai lit que tu habite au France, quel reigon de France habite tu?! J'ai visite France deux fois et je suis un peux curieux. C'est tres rare où il y a un personne qui parle une langue qui n'est pas anglais pour leur premier langue (Je suis désolé pour mon français. Je ne parle pas couramment, mais j'essaie :))!

If you prefer that we just speak in English, by all means let us know, we want everyone to feel at home here
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Argolan

Tammo thank you;)

To answer your question, I live in Loire-Atlantique department in the Pays de la Loire. And yes, I suspect that you do not see a lot of "non-English" on this forum. If I am here it is because unfortunately in France, there is no active community redwall.

PS: Your French is good, widely understandable. But as if you speak English favorite: D