Which Redwall character would you be and why?

Started by Ashleg, April 15, 2016, 03:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Kind of similar to this http://www.loamhedgeabbey.com/index.php/topic,439.0.html except that instead of what species you would be, the question is what Redwall character you'd be. Personality-wise, not who you'd want to be or who's your favorite, but the character that is closest to yourself.

For me, I'd have to say that the stoat, Flinky (from Loamhedge) is the best representation of myself in the books. He's clever and crafty and knows how to trick anyone so he can get his way, but he can also be nice and friendly--and he cares about his pals and mate.
As a side note, he's somewhat funny and creative, what with the songs and all that.

Sorry, Ashleg, I'm secretly Flinky.

Groddil

Well, aside from the whole "broken spine" thing, I'd be my namesake. Alternatively, Slagar'd be pretty cool.

Ashleg

I sure hope you don't have a broken spine for your sake. o-O

Slagar? Slagar and Groddil are so different!

Wylder Treejumper

Good question. While am overly bound by honor and duty, quite militaristic, and a somewhat prodigious trencherbeast, I am nowhere near garrulous enough to be a hare. I would be closer to an otter, but I haven't the same sort of pronounced brawn necessary- though I do love hotroot soup and seafood!

In all, I am very close to my species of choice, a squirrel. I'd put my personality about between Dandin and Rufe Brush, depending on the situation- it's really a continuum.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ashleg

Wylder Treejumper

Rufe Brush from Mariel, that is, not the Bellmaker. Which brings up a whole other topic...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ashleg

Izza

Oddly enough, Vitch. If I remember correctly he is not always evil, and often changes his mind about right and wrong. I also forgot how his story ends, but if it ends positively, then I think I still match up with Vitch.

Wylder Treejumper

I think you have that wrong. Vitch was a brat who taunted of Mattimeo after he got captured by Slagar and enslaved. Later, Slagar sold Vitch into slaver, and, when he tried to escape after Malkariss' kingdom collapsed, slew him with the infamous metal bolas... Are you thinking of someone else?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Ashleg

They might be thinking of Veil, because they have similar names and Veil fits that description.

Izza

Yep, I'm definitely thinking of Veil, awkward!  ;D

Ashleg

I really liked and related with Veil too. XD

Veil and Vitch are very different.  ;D

Feles

I feel i'm closest to Stonefleck.
To quote the wiki: "He was impassive, only speaking when he absolutely had to, and even then, he would speak in a flat voice (almost completely monotone in the TV Series)." I fit that role very nicely, (at least, in real life, online is very different). And another quote is: "As Stonefleck saw that his army was losing the battle against Matthias' friends, he tried to sneak away unnoticed; however, Log-a-log spotted the rat and threw his rapier at him, spearing Stonefleck through the back." I hate to say it, but that would be rather characteristic of me in that situation.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Ashleg

According to that, Stonefleck is 100% me while I'm at school.
We shall high-five through the computer screen because why not.

The Skarzs

If I knew what was going to happen, I wouldn't be any character. Knowing what will go on is not what I would want.

Even if I didn't know what would happen, though, I can't say I would be any one character. My life is my life, unique to me and my choices.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.