News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

CoMe HeRe WhEn YoU ArE BoReD

Started by Matthias720, June 12, 2011, 04:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

You call me insane. That is okay with me. But I prefer the term 'mentally hilarious'
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

Have you noticed that the song "Humpty Dumpty" never says that he's an egg? It could be just a song about a guy falling off a wall and cracking his head open. Oh, and why did they try get the "king's horses" to try fix up Hunpty Dumpty? Shouldn't they call a doctor?
Received mostly negative reviews.

psybox

xenocide spoiler
piggies may of may not be sentient due to a virus that may or may not b a terraforming device.
the godspoken are actually given increased intelligence but also a special version of obsessive compulsive disorder to limit there freedom
[close]
big scary laser
do not look into beam
with remaining eye

Primrosewarrior

psybox

what is a sihn?
do you mean"what does the sign say?"
if so the answer is
"big scary laser
do not look into beam
with remaining eye"

Redwall Musician

I'm back from my hermit-is-im
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

psybox

more xenocide! (spoiler alert)
peter is back!
[close]

Nightfire

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on April 20, 2012, 01:02:06 PM
Have you noticed that the song "Humpty Dumpty" never says that he's an egg? It could be just a song about a guy falling off a wall and cracking his head open. Oh, and why did they try get the "king's horses" to try fix up Hunpty Dumpty? Shouldn't they call a doctor?

I've actually noticed that all sorts of nursery rhymes are horrific. Here are some examples:

Example Number 1, entitled, "Humpty Dumpty"..............: Humpty Dumpty falls off of the wall, cracks his head open, and then one of the king's men passes out when they see the 'yolk' all over the place!!! :o

Example Number 2, entitled "Rock-A-Bye Baby"..............: The baby is hanging from a tree, for one. What kind of child safety is that? And then there's the line 'when the bough breaks, the baby will drop.' HELLO! I screamed when my mom read that to me as a child!!! Let me get this acroos to you. THE BABY WILL DROP!!!

There's much more, but I'm content with telling you of only these two.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

MatthiasMan

Same with ring around the rosy......Ashes, ashes, we all fall DOWN! What kind of line is that!?! Eh?

Icefire

It all depends on whether or not you believe in the "history" concerning these nursery rhymes. I tend not to, but that's just me.

Humpty Dumpty has a few "possibilities." One is that Humpty Dumpty was a mocking name for a king who died even with his big ol' army. Another takes place during the English Revolution. Supposedly, Humpty Dumpty was a cannon used by the royalists, but the first time they shot it off it fell of the wall they had it perched on and then the royalists couldn't get it back up on the wall....I think they lost the battle, too....

For rock-a-bye baby, I quote Wikipedia:
QuoteOne theory has it that the lyrics, like the tune "Lilliburlero" it is sung to, refer to events immediately preceding the Glorious Revolution. The baby is supposed to be the son of James VII and II, who was widely believed to be someone else's child smuggled into the birthing room in order to provide a Roman Catholic heir for James. The "wind" may be that Protestant "wind" or force "blowing" or coming from the Netherlands bringing James' nephew and son-in-law, William III of England, a.k.a. William of Orange, who would eventually depose King James II in the revolution (the same "Protestant Wind" that had saved England from the Spanish Armada a century earlier). The "cradle" is the royal House of Stuart. The earliest recorded version of the words in print appeared with a footnote, "This may serve as a warning to the Proud and Ambitious, who climb so high that they generally fall at last", which may be read as supporting a satirical meaning. It would help to substantiate the suggestion of a specific political application for the words however if they and the 'Lilliburlero' tune could be shown to have been always associated.

Ring-Around the Rosy is supposedly the symptoms for the Bubonic Plauge, but there are many probalms with timing, etc. that make me think this is not the true source, but I'd rather not go into  that right now. If you want to know about that, I'll try to find the report I wrote on the subject for you...
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

DanielofRedwall

"London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down..."
Received mostly negative reviews.

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwall Musician

"Pea porridge hot, pea porridge cold, pea porridge in the pot nine days old!"

Or something like that. Oh well, sounds hazardous to your health.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Icefire

Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Tiria Wildlough

'Leathan' is Gaelic for 'slender'. I'm pretty sure it's pronounced 'lath-an'.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.