News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Triangular Trivia

Started by James Gryphon, November 01, 2015, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

James Gryphon

I gave you a second one back near the end of page 1, but you idled out.

We can start over, though. For 1 point:

Which of these emoticons have I never used (until now, at least)?

A: ;D
B: >:(
C: :-X
D: ???
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

James Gryphon

Correct. Question #2, for 3 points. This one's too easy, but it's all I can come up with on short notice.

Which of these was used as currency in Star Trek's Federation?
A: Dollars
B: Credits
C: Francs
D: Starbucks
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

James Gryphon

Duh, right? Like I said, a gimme.

Well, as you never answered this other one, I guess I'll reuse it. This time it's worth 6 points.

In the classic game X-Wing, how many proton torpedoes does the X-Wing carry?
A: 2
B: 6
C: 8
D: 12
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

James Gryphon

Hmm. Guess I need to come up with something harder.

What have I got in my pocket?

...just kidding.

Try this one; it should be almost impossible, to make up for all the easy-peasy ones. 10 points if you get it.

Which of these names did not appear in the old Macintosh application SimpleText's about box?
A: Ken
B: Hoon
C: Frank
D: Bryan
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

Your mum.

I'm guessing B: Hoon.

James Gryphon

Well, you're absolutely WRONG!

Hoon was in fact on there. Unusual, I know. The correct answer, strange as it may seem, was "C: Frank".
« Subject to editing »

Banya

James Gryphon

All right.

This one will test how much of my videos you've actually seen. ;)

For 1 point:
Which of these bots have I not shown?
A: .Superzot III
B: Targeter III
C: Aeneas III
D: Excalibur 3.0
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 04, 2015, 04:44:29 AM
All right, sorry for the delay.

I had written out a bunch of answers and new questions, and thought I posted it up here... needless to say, that wasn't the case, and now they're gone.

Had to rewrite them from scratch, but here's what we've got.

Change of rules: The "extra time" lifeline is gone. From now on, players will be allowed two days to answer all questions. I think this will help reduce game management overhead and give y'all a reasonable amount of time to play with "real life" breathing down your backs.

@Ash: Unfortunately, you're out of time. You exit, however, with 1 point and a place on the high score list.

@Sage:
That's correct. Third question for 6 points.
What was the color of the lightsaber Kyle Katarn used in his final duel with Jerec?
A: Blue
B: Orange
C: Yellow
D: Purple

@Vilu:
That's right. Here's question #3, for 6 points.
In Microsoft's space shooter Freelancer, which of these was not the name of a star system?
A: Arizona
B: California
C: Colorado
D: Texas

@Sam: B is correct. Here's question #3, for 6 points.
Which of these did Cluny not attempt to use in his fight with Matthias?
A: A chair
B: An iron spike
C: A sword
D: A ferret

@Plugg: That's right. Here's question #4, for 10 points; have a look. Answer it right and you get your lifeline back.
Which of these horde leaders never styled or imagined themselves with any kind of royal title?
A: Cluny the Scourge
B: Slagar the Cruel
C: General Ironbeak
D: Gabool the Wild

A; Blue.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Kitsune

I would like to use my hint lifeline on this one.

Vilu Daskar

@Vilu:
That's right. Here's question #3, for 6 points.
In Microsoft's space shooter Freelancer, which of these was not the name of a star system?
A: Arizona
B: California
C: Colorado

I always get ones I know little or nothing about.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.