News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

World War 1 CYOA

Started by Hickory, October 24, 2016, 06:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Didn't Hiag say the small one?

Anyway, ask about the thing.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hickory

I'll wait a little longer until I post a response.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Sagetip on November 09, 2016, 02:26:56 AM
He speaks weasel.

Zat iznae Weasel, tiz juzt Hiag. Weasel iz nae alloved fer zoze zat dinnae 'ave ze auzorisation tae 'ear it.

Quote from: Groddil on November 09, 2016, 02:14:50 AM
Didn't Hiag say the small one?

Anyway, ask about the thing.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Hickory

Bishop wanders over to you. "Well there, that's the rocket gun. The doughboys invented it cause they were tired of artillery an' all that."

He pulls back the "bolt," opening up the chamber. One of the shells fits right into it, and he closes the bolt. "This thing can put a dent in one of the German's Fortresses. A few shells will totally destroy it. Useful for staying at a safer distance, but not really a quick weapon, since you need to use the little stand to keep it stable. Your amor piercing bullets could serve the same purpose, but don't do much damage to those tanks."

Pick up the rocket gun, in exchange for losing your dynamite and armor piercing bullets.
Don't pick up the rocket gun.
Evaluate your inventory.

Wilson's inventory
Remember, you can use all items in your inventory, when appropriate. Some weapons have multiple purposes, like the dynamite, and some are uni-purpose, like the knife.
Bolded items are equipped.

1 SMLE MkIII bolt-action rifle. (20 rounds, 0 rounds loaded)

P08 Luger. (three clips, 1 clip (8 bullets) loaded.)
2 pistol mags. Requires modification to load into pistols.
1 gas mask (allows you to walk through gas clouds)
1 pair of field glasses. (allows you to spot targets at farther distances)
4 armor piercing rounds. Fires from your rifle.
1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
-Weights to balance out the weapon. Makes it harder to wield in CQB.
-Suppressor. Makes it harder for enemies to detect you, but makes every other stat of the gun go down.
-Bayonet to attach for charges at enemies.
3 sticks of dynamite.
1 half flask of liquor.
[close]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Groddil

Can we reload our rifle, eat the sandwich, drink the liquor, then throw away out cigarettes, empty bottle, get rid of one of the two scopes (give it to Bishop or something), then try to pick up the rocket launcher thingy? If we do, maybe we wouldn't have to get rid of all the dynamite and armor piercing rounds?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Groddil on November 10, 2016, 03:59:55 AM
Can we reload our rifle, eat the sandwich, drink the liquor, then throw away out cigarettes, empty bottle, get rid of one of the two scopes (give it to Bishop or something), then try to pick up the rocket launcher thingy? If we do, maybe we wouldn't have to get rid of all the dynamite and armor piercing rounds?

Dinnae pick up ze Rocket Gun.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Hickory

Nope. You can only drop the dynamite and armor piercing bullets.

Groddil

Railroading!

I agree with Hiag. Ignore the rocket launcher. Ammo'll be hard to come by, and I can't imagine it being very accurate or fast firing. So, can we open the small crate now?

Hickory

Deciding that the rocket gun isn't worth it, you move on to the next crate. This one is much smaller, and you wonder what could possibly fit inside. Opening the lid reveals a weird, pineapple-shaped metal... thing, that fits into your hand. The label on the crate says "FRAG GRENADE". Evidently, this is some sort of grenade that work differently from your stick ones. These grenades look larger than your others ones, which means they could be more effective against bigger targets, but the size means you couldn't throw it nearly as far.

Note: Changing out your equipped grenade is not permanent. If you find another crate with a different grenade, you are welcome to take that one. Picking up the frag grenade will replenish your grenade inventory to 2.

Pick up the frag grenade.
Leave the frag grenade.

Wilson's inventory
Remember, you can use all items in your inventory, when appropriate. Some weapons have multiple purposes, like the dynamite, and some are uni-purpose, like the knife.

1 SMLE MkIII bolt-action rifle. (20 rounds, 0 rounds loaded)

1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
-Suppressor. Makes it harder for enemies to detect you, but makes every other stat of the gun go down.
3 sticks of dynamite.
1 half flask of liquor.
[close]

Hickory

James Gryphon

No reason not to get it that I can see.
« Subject to editing »

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Hickory

You exchange the two frag grenades for your remaining stick grenade. Now, you only have the large crate left. Taking a crowbar, you pry off the lid and peer inside. A strange rifle lies within. The engraving on the side reads "Cei-Rigotti Semi-Automatic Rifle."

The Cei-Rigotti is an Italian rifle with a semi-automatic firing mode. This means that with each pull of the trigger, one bullet is fired. The bolt is automatically moved, allowing for a faster firing rate. Semi-automatic rifles have permanent modifications of a bayonet and iron sights. The Cei-Rigotti has a magazine of 10, strip-fed. It performs better in close quarters, but less effective against more opponents and in longer ranges.

Pick up the Cei-Rigotti in exchange for your SMLE MkIII bolt-action.
Leave the Cei-Rigotti.

Wilson's inventory

1 SMLE MkIII bolt-action rifle. (20 rounds, 10 rounds loaded)

1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
3 sticks of dynamite.
1 half flask of liquor.
[close]

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Leave ze Cei-Rigotti. Ze original SMLE MkIII 'az vorked major ziz far. Nay reazon tae ztop viz avready-vorkin' equipment.