News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Foreign Intrusion

Started by The Skarzs, May 21, 2015, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Vrungin took the shrewbread and beer, knowing it wouldn't do to refuse the food. He sipped and nibbled on the food for a little bit before setting them down at his side.
  "You find the rivers to your liking?" the wolf asked while observing some shrews gather near the boats.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

"Aye, better n' some less n' others, though one boat'n shrew is worth any ten landlubbin' un's. They got more fire n' their bellies, heh." Bruffa sat back eyeing his guest with a slight smile. "So comrade, ye 'n me have yet to be acquainted. I'm Logalog Bruffa O' th' Guosim." Bruffa waved a paw at he surrounded shrews, who were still drifting towards the log boats. "If'n I might be so bold as to ask, who ye n' yer friends are mate?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

Henri went straight to the Gatehouse, to acquaint himself with the history of Mossflower.

OOC: Sorry about the one liner,  but will there be a time skip soon?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

"Far away." Vrungin looked back into the trees. "Very far away. And I have heard of your Guosim. The guerrilla union of shrews in Mossflower; first letter of each word." The wolf leaned on his cane. "You have built up a reputation."

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 31, 2015, 03:00:19 AM
OOC: Sorry about the one liner,  but will there be a time skip soon?
OOC: Probably not, but if you're not too upset, Henri might be okay where he is for a while.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

Flare approached Henff warily. "Is there anything I can do to help, Abbess?"

OOC: One-liner, but I hope it gets the point across :P

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

Henff smiled at the other. "Just be here when I need you, Flare; thank you." The hedgehog watched Karn and his fellow soldiers walk off outside. "There are two things I would like you to do, actually. The first is to just keep an eye on these newcomers. They've offered to stay outside, but winter grows near and if they need to come in I just want to have somebeast who has some knowledge of what they're about."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

"Aye, that it is, yer very smart" Bruffa laughed relaxing slightly. The wolf didn't seem all that bad, and reacted calmly enough to his challenges. The chieftain waved his paw and a few of the shrews who had half drawn their swords sheathed the blades looking disappointed.
"I didn't know us shrews were know so far n' wide. Or so I assume seeing as I haven't seen ye or yer kind before. Tell me is our reputation something to be proud of?"

Skyblade

The red squirrel nodded complaisantly. "It'll be done, Abbess. What's the second thing?"

The Skarzs

"That you come with me to the kitchens to get a cup of tea," Henff said laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"From what I know of my time here, you are good warriors. In my country, that is an admirable thing." Vrungin smiled slightly. "But I also hear you are easily provoked, and don't usually like help from others."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Flare laughed in response. "Oh, I can definitely agree to that," she remarked, following Henff to the kitchens.

The warrior squirrel had to admit, she was wary of the newcomers. They were here for a good reason, she knew. But what if they were also the ones to watch out for? Flare fell into a solemn silence. She could only hope they hadn't an enemy into their walls.

Maybe she could talk to them later. Just in a polite manner. She hardly knew who they were.

LT Sandpaw

"Ah who told ye that comrade? Not that I'm saying it ain't so." Bruffa stood slowly, grinning. While his natural caution still itched in the back of his head to be wary, he couldn't help but like Vrungin. He seemed to be a tactically aware, and confident beast. Not a rampaging monster Bruffa had expected. "Ye must have gotten yer information some way, fr'm somebeast not doubt. Perhaps t'was one of ye friends over there. Why are they staying back anyway? Ye must be confident in their reaction time if'n ye can jus' walk right into someone's camp unarmed. Er well mostly unarmed." Bruffa glanced at the cane with a raised eyebrow, he figured Vrungin could use it to devastating effect, but in the shrew's eyes it was lacking. Looking back up at the wolf the shrew patted his sword absentmindedly.

"Wot if we say, attack ye on sight eh?"

OOC: Please correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't remember if Vrungin had other weapons besides the cane, and I'm to lazy to go check the OOC thread before posting this. :p

The Skarzs

"Then you had better know where to strike, and when to do it." Vrungin almost lazily drew back his cloak to reveal the straight saber at his side. "I like to know what I'm dealing with before I need to; knowledge is power, and planning is pinnacle."
  The wolf looked at Bruffa straight on. "That being said, you probably want to know much about me."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Keeping his eyes locked on Vrungin Bruffa's ear twitched as he considered the wolf's rather impressive reveal of the weapon. Inwardly the shrew cursed himself for not noticing the sword before. He must have grown soft with so little action over the seasons, missing things he should have noticed immediately. Shaking off the feeling of failure the shrew warrior tapped the side of his head winking at the wolf.

"Oh aye comrade, ye seem to know so much about me n' my tribe. I'm positively dying to know more about ye."

The Skarzs

"Very well. I am a wolf, a creature I know isn't native around here, and have come from a land far away called the Barkhills. I was. . . exiled, so to speak, for the ideals I possess. The leaders of my land are stubborn and closed-minded, and cannot think to change their narrow ways." Vrungin gripped his cane tightly for a moment. "But I am no longer there. I travelled here across the oceans, along with my own creatures."
  The wolf raised his paw and the cougar Guthar, along with a few other beasts from the Barkhills, stepped out into the open. "I have seen this land's problems; creatures like yourselves do their best to keep out of trouble, while the beasts you call 'vermin' roam free and unbridled, growing in number. And that is why I have chosen to help. This land needs to be unified, cured."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.