News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

OOC: I reread my last post and realized the part with the logboats sounded a bit... odd. :P So I changed it around completely. Take a look at it.
BIC:

"Let's go see if we can find anything in the kitchens," Bryony replied, heading that way.
----------------------------
Skip, meanwhile, had finished making the soup and had put it on to boil. He knew that everybeast would need something to keep them going until they reached Mossflower and could forage for more provisions.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

"Ok, then." Monka smiled, and followed after Bryony.

Gonff the Mousethief

"Aye Aye,Cap'n!"
Marshall sped off to the kitchens. He saw Skip put the soup on to boil, and went up to him.
"Need any help Mate?"
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

Bryony entered the kitchens just as Marshall ran in, nearly bumping into her. She rolled her eyes. "Is it too much for you to watch where you're going?" she huffed.
------------------------------
Skipper looked up when Marshall and the two squirrels entered and the former asked if he needed any help. The otter ignored Bryony's annoyed remark to Marshall and thought for a moment. "Well, mate, you could help make another pot o' soup. Don't think there's enough for everybeast in that pot."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

Monka sniffed the air, something smelled good. In fact, something smelled delicious.
Monka hadn't eaten for he didn't know how long, and the sight of the cooking food in the kitchen was almost too much for him. He was still cold, and wet from his episode in the sea on top of everything else.

Jukka the Sling

Mycroft, the otters and the shrews continued turning the logboats right-side-up and paddling them back to the ship. They made very good time, and even Mycroft was impressed with their speed. He figured they'd be done pretty soon and could get going again.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall heard her remark, and was quick to respond.
"Don't get ya tail in a knot squirrel, at least ya got one!"
He turned back to Skip, the headed off to grab another pot.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

Monka suddenly saw a large loaf of fresh bread, left unattended on the worktop. A Guosim cook, who had made the bread, was on the other side of the ship's kitchen, getting more ingredients.
Monka's mouth began to water, and he licked his lips. Very slowly he reached out for the loaf of bread, then he grabbed, and like a staving wolf, ate it in three mouthfuls.   

Jukka the Sling

Bryony honestly couldn't think of a good comeback right away, and by the time she did, it was too late to use it. She rolled her eyes again and then noticed Monka wolfing down a loaf of bread. The squirrelmaid turned and saw another loaf sitting on the table, and she grabbed it before the shrewcook noticed, taking huge bites of it. Bread had never tasted so good.
------------------------
Skipper began chopping up some leeks and a few carrots for the next batch of soup.
------------------------
Mirelle had found a quiet place on deck between some barrels and coils of rope, and she sat there munching her bread, thankful that the ordeal was over and they'd soon be back at Redwall. After a few minutes, she noted that the ship had stopped moving, and she stood up to see what was going on, leaning on the railing. The ottermaid quickly realized that they'd only stopped to pick up the logboats, and so she sat down again.

rachel25

The shrew cook then returned to where he'd left his bread cooling. Confused that it had disappeared, he looked around for it. Seeing the two squirrels, he narrowed his eyes at them. The fact that Monka was picking crumbs out of his whiskers decided the cook's mind. He came at the two of them waving a rolling pin, and telling them to get out.

Jukka the Sling

Bryony, her mouth full, grunted something unintelligible at the shrew, shook her head, and swallowed as quickly as she could. She then said innocently, "Why? We're just eating."
---------------------
Skipper watched the squirrels and shrew and shook his head in amusement, then turned back to preparing the vegetables.

rachel25

"Yes, but that bread was meant to be for everyone!" The shrew cook growled, still menacing with his rolling pin. 

Jukka the Sling

"Oops..." Bryony said, feeling guilty. "Um, never mind, we'll help you make more. Right, Monka?" she said, bolting the last of her loaf and brushing crumbs out of her fur.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall was snickering the whole time. He had started to make another pot, but was more interested in the conversation.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on August 16, 2014, 06:45:56 PM
"Oops..." Bryony said, feeling guilty. "Um, never mind, we'll help you make more. Right, Monka?" The squirrelmaid had never actually made bread before, but she figured it couldn't be too difficult. She was still starving, though, so she bolted the last of her loaf and then brushed crumbs out of her fur.

OOC: Jukka, could you change that? I don'y much like the whole 'She'd never made bread before' thing. Also, I can take my characters back now.