News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Leagues to Legends (Closed)

Started by LT Sandpaw, August 24, 2015, 09:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

"Hardly a slave anymore." She pointed out lifting her paws to revel the broken chains. "And who will you command to kill me, him?" She raised a eyebrow looking over at Kasta who had let his ready stance fall, the knife hung at his side loose in one paw.

"Leave," Kasta commanded pointing a paw in the opposite direction they were going. "I never want to see you're face, or smell you're fishy breath again. You'll ruin everything just being here!" The otter smiled, holding up her webbed paws and backing away.

"Fine, prince, I have no idea how I could ruin everything, but I have no desire to be here anyway." he turned to leave, but paused. "I suppose you don't know my name, I'll tell you, so it can ring in your head forever more. The reason for all you're trouble. I am Brava!" The otter Brava turned and raced off her laughter digging deep under Kasta's fur. The wildcat spat twice into the snow, tail lashing.

"Come cousin, we're never going to mention that otter again!"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Raja hissed, narrowing her eyes as she followed Kasta, "I do not like the way she talked to us. When we're done with the rats, I'll send out a search party to find her and bring her back. I'll make an example of that little riverdog, all the slaves will fear to even look at either of us the wrong way!"

OOC: for some reason I can't send a PM... so I'll post it here, assuming that you're ok with that:
So sorry I've not been active lately. I'm still getting used to having a life after weeks of staying so late after school. I was actually thinking about checking LtoL earlier today, I just didn't get around to it yet. And I'm fine, just a little busy.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

"That would be desirable cousin," Kasta snarled, his eyes narrowed. The wildcat kicked at the snow, a growl deep in his throat. "Though she may prove challenging to find." Kasta considered his last ill fated attempt to catch the otter, and his anger flared again. Looking forward his eyes fixed on the distant castle which grew with every step Kasta felt his anger fade. He would be king before sundown.

OOC: Ready to do a time skip? I'll discuss it more by PM.

Oh BTW you can send PMs, its just weird right now. I got seven copies of the last one :P

Eulaliaaa!

"Challenging? I do love a good challenge every once in a while. I always win," Raja purred, looking up at the castle, "I can almost taste that roasted bird and wine - soft bread, too. And a blazing fire with a warm cloak draped about my shoulders."

OOC: yup.

Seven copies.... whoops. I may or may not have gotten irritated and repeatedly pressed the send button.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

"You will, stand at attention on the left side of the gate, you will salute anyone, and everyone of higher status then yourself. Do you understand?"

A nod.

"You will allow only guards, and courtiers, to enter the gate unchallenged, if anybeast enters without first providing proof of who they are you are to sound the alarm, do you understand?"

Another nod.

"If anybeast attempts to leave the castle, in a rush, or if they are a slave you will challenge them and or sound the alarm. If any group, or single beast appears threatening, approaches the gate from any side you will sound the alarm. Do you understand?"

A third nod.

"If it appears you are to die, you will sound the alarm, and fight to the death. Do you understand?"

A gulp, and a half nod.

"Good, go stand watch lad."

The little weasel sentry adjusted his grip on the heavy spear watching the road dutifully. Outside slaves toiled in the fields watched by their task masters, they had been the only creatures to pass through the gate. Otherwise his job had been easy, and without incident, which was good because his slow brain might not have been able to handle much more than the sergeant's strict orders.

His first time as guard was a good one so far, in fifteen seasons if he survived he might even be promoted to the storage guard. However he had been told that was the farthest he could go with such a depressing intellect. The little weasel wasn't sure what those big words meant, but they sounded good.

Something caught his eye, approaching the gate were two wildcats, immediately the weasel forgot his instructions, and while he attempted to remember he did what had been drilled into his head ever since he got pressed into the castle guard. The weasel snapped to attention, and saluted.

~*~*~*~*~

"Haha look cousin, the castle guard recognizes me, and salutes my approach. We have arrived at last" Kasta grinned at Raja jubilant as they reached their goal., "Let's go meet my brother, shall we."

Eulaliaaa!

Raja smirked, "I'd like to see the look on his face. It'll be priceless," she chuckled. She had never liked either Kasta or Vircis, and especially hated Vircis since he had nearly pushed her down a well when she was little. But the time spent in the wild with Kasta had begun chipping away at the unnecessary hate she had for the cat. She still didn't like him, so it would be easy to take over the throne, but she agreed with some of the things he did.

LT Sandpaw

"Aye, priceless." Kasta agreed quickening his pace forgetting the cold and his sore footpaws. All around them surprised looking slave drivers looked up from their assigned tasks to watch the two cats approach. Their charges took a break from where they were toiling in the frozen soil, removing rocks and other obstructions from the fields. Once spring arrived the fields would be planted early as possible, so even during the winter months the slaves worked. Something Brava had recently escaped from.

The untasteful memory reappeared in Kasta's head and for a moment his eyes narrowed, but the next thing that happened tore his thoughts from the escaped slave.

"Oi its Prince Kasta mates!" A large stoat wielding a whip shouted pointing a muddy paw at the cat.

"An th' other un, wot's 'er name!" Shouted anther slave driver.

"Raja," Muttered a slave hedgehog venomously, but she wasn't heard as a group of vermin rushed towards the two wildcats. Kasta purred crossing his paws.

"My loyal subjects fetch me and my cousin proper attire and something to drink, then bring me my treacherous brother Vir- Aaaaargh!" Clutching his face Kasta fell into the mud, a long bloody stripe cut across his features.

"Chain em up lads!" Roared the stoat raising his whip again and advancing towards Raja.

OOC: Looks like the forum is back online, glad I got the email telling me you posted here, I was sure forum was dead forever. :) Oh I know its been about a month but do you have the advisor all planed out?

Eulaliaaa!

Raja jumped backwards in terror as he advanced. Her tail puffed as she hissed, clawing at her machete, "What is going on? Get away from me, you stupid beasts! Is this how you treat - argh!"

There was a crack as the stoat brought his whip down, "Shuddup, yeh useless kitten!"

Raja clutched her shoulder, turning to run and stopping when she found herself facing a crowd of slaves. She faced the vermin again, "What is going on? How dare you attack me! I think you broke my arm!"

"Yer arm ain't broke, stupid. Now get movin' afore I really break your arm!" The stoat chuckled.

"This is foolish," Raja screeched, struggling against the guards as she fearfully looked at Kasta. What was happening?

OOC: yeah, I was dying to post again. Turns out there was a small back up forum, which I didn't know about :P There's a link on the "whoooo" thread, if you didn't know.

And I do have something planned for an advisor. Do you want me to PM it to you?

LT Sandpaw

Two big rats snagged Kasta under his armpits pulling his paws behind his back. A third stepped forward slapping a rusty pawcuffs onto his wrists clicking them shut. Kasta hissed struggling in his bonds. Spitting furiously he snapped his teeth at the closest rat.

"How dare you!" He roared blood from his cheek slithered down into his mouth. "I am crown prince! I will have you all executed for this!" One of the rats punched Kasta in the stomach and the cat doubled over gasping. His two makeshift weapons were quickly discovered and removed from his belt.

"Prince Vircis says th' beast that brings th' fugitives in twill be promoted!" Shouted one of the slave drivers. A whip cracked and all three rats jumped away from Kasta who fell face first onto the path.

"N tha'll be me n' Gripthroat ya dim witted excuse fer slavers!" Roared the stoat whose name was Gonewart. Snapping his whip again he continued pompously. "Chain th' stupid kitten Gripthroat, I ain't goin' to be no Slave driver no more. Tis th' easy life O' a Cap'n fer me n' you mate." A second stoat sniggered grabbing a second pair of pawcuffs and making his way towards Raja.

For the first time Kasta considered the wellbeing of somebeast other than himself. Lifting his muzzle out of the mud slightly he stared hard at Raja. "Run," He coughed, "Get out of her- Uugh."

OOC: She can try to run but she can't get far. ;)

Oh and ya shoot me a PM.

Eulaliaaa!

Raja stood frozen in terror, her wide eyes taking in the entire scene fearfully. Her machete was torn from her limp paws, bringing her back to reality, "Get away!" She cried, stumbling backwards and tripping over her own footpaws, her jewelry rattling as she fell.

"C'mon, let's get these idiots to Prince Vircis," the stoat snarled, grabbing Raja's paws and pawcuffing them.

"He's not the real ruler," Raja whimpered as they began to drag them away. She shook slightly, not looking forward to facing Vircis without an army behind her.

A dark shape stood in the window, watching the scene below, "My lord, your brother has arrived. And that spoiled kitten they call Raja," Brynn turned around and left the light of the window, his tail dragging on the ground behind him as his scraggly whiskers twitched, "I was never fond of Raja... always whining when she didn't get what she wanted."

OOC: I'll send the PM.

(And Merry Christmas!)

LT Sandpaw

"I know, and we had to tolerate her because she was my father's favorite niece. Could you believe it, I swear my own mother loved her more then me." A well built, young, and handsome wildcat approached the window and glanced out. The scene below put a small smile on his face. Things couldn't have gone better over the past couple days. A lot of it was because of Brynn's string pulling behind the scenes, and while Vircis didn't know half of what had actually happened, he knew he owed a great debt to the ferret. But it hadn't been all Brynn, a little of his own genius had been added into the mix.

Turning away he practically skipped to the door pushing it open. "Ooh I'm so excited in seeing my better half, or my worse half, I suppose depends on which way one looks at it. I bet Kasta considers himself the better half. Hm, should I have them killed right away, or starve and torture them first?" He giggled excitedly clapping Brynn on the back. The two guards outside the door snapped to attention and followed them down the stairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Outside Kasta and Raja found themselves being dragged into their old home, the exact opposite of their glorious fantasies. The stoat Gonewart kicked Kasta in the back of the legs forcing him onto his knees, while Gripthroat did the same with Raja. Gonewart snapped his whip laughing before pointing at a nearby weasel.

"'Ey stupid go'n fetch his Majesty th' King. Tell 'Im I got his brother here to meet him." The dull weasel guard suddenly torn between following the big stoat's orders, and his sergeants orders stuttered dully.

"Er, er, er."

"'Ey Gripthroat use yer whip n' make that weasel move, why don'cha mate." Gonewart snapped, to far away to preform it himself.

Eulaliaaa!

A thin smile spread itself across Brynn's wicked face, "Killing the little brats would not be satisfying. I would advise drawing out their deaths and making them beg for mercy. Hah, imagine Raja begging! Or Kasta, the miserable little wimp!" he chuckled.

Raja shook slightly, trying to smooth down her tail, "Kasta is the rightful king... let us go," she said, trying to sound less terrified and more brave.

One of the vermin hit her in the back of the head with the hilt of his sword, "Shuddup, yah little brat. Yeh ain't pushing me around no more!"

Raja fought back tears, shaking like a leaf. She had been stupid to think Kasta would actually have been able to take the throne. Now they would both die.

LT Sandpaw

"Oh ho yes you're right Brynn, you're right an awful lot." Vircis declared, swirling his fancy cloak. "We'll starve them in dungeons of course, I could always lock them in the stocks and have the soldiers throw rocks at them, nah he'll be to beat up for my coronation." The wildcat shuddered in ecstasy thinking about his coronation that was to happen in six days. Too long in Vircis opinion, but the preparations required time, and visitors from the other fiefdoms couldn't make the long journey overnight. Kasta and his loyal companion Raja would live just long enough to see him crowned king.

"You know Raja could have escaped this mess as long as she hadn't gone and found my brother. Clearly she's to loyal to him to keep alive. Though she did me a great favor in bringing him right to me, I was about to send my soldiers to find him. I ought to reward her somehow, what do you think Brynn, Is a brand saying 'King's Helper' fit for her?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Kasta considered a hundred and one possibilities, each one more foolish and desperate then the last. He cut a poor picture for a crown prince with his paws in chains, fur fluffed up, blood trickling down his face, and his ragged travel stained clothing covered in mud. A swirling winter wind whistled across the castle's pavestones as he whimpered up at the stoat.

"Please help me, I'll promote you to general, you'll be my second in command, second to none. Please my brother will kill me!"

"Aw hush it, ye aren't a strong creature like Vircis, n' nobeast here would think twice over whose th' better leader. Yer jus' a couple of cringing little kittens who've fallen way out O' their league!"

Eulaliaaa!

Brynn chuckled, "Coronation? How wise. Should he be the one to put the crown on your head before he's killed?" he pulled the hood even farther down so nothing but his snout could be seen, then held up his dagger, "And Raja does deserve to be called a King's Helper. Should I write it on her face?"

Raja shuddered, thinking of what would happen to her and Kasta, "Vircis doesn't know how to rule," she said, "You need to let us rule. Not him. If he rules, this kingdom will fall in less than a day. you'll all die!"

She flinched as a rat brought his paw down to hit her. The rat stopped short, laughing, "Lookit yer face! Yer terrified of what'll happen to yeh. No ruler should be scared o' facin' their liddle brother or cousin!"

LT Sandpaw

"Fates no, she needs her eyes to see the axe fall won't she. Besides, I can think of much worse places to carve words into somebeasts body." Vircis purred pushing past a weasel that was stuttering something about something. "Here we are. Guards open the door."

The two guards marching behind them rushed forward pushing the large castle door open. Cold air rushed in as Vircis descended a short flight of stairs into the castle courtyard. The wildcat glanced about taking in the small but sturdy fortress that was now his.

A ten meter high wall surrounded a paved courtyard. Small patches of grass now covered in snow lay here and there among the many footpaths that spider-webbed across the clear space between the keep and the wall. A single main gate protected by a fortified gatehouse complete with two towers marked the only entrance into, and out of the castle. The gate was a simple wooden structure now open, to admit the kneeling Kasta, Raja, and their captors. Behind Vircis rose the keep itself. Built for defense it was square and sturdy, rising high above the outer wall. Small window slits had been cut into the castle for light to come in, and arrows to go out. While slightly old, and worn the castle was perfect in Vircis' eyes, and it was his.

Padding out to where the party stood Vircis motioned Brynn to follow making his way towards Raja first, the wildcat bent down so he was level with his cousin. Smiling broadly Vircis leaned close to her.

"Comfortable dear cousin?"