News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Remembering September 11th

Started by Matthias720, September 11, 2012, 04:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

On this day, eleven years ago, our planet was rocked by the terrorist attacks that crashed planes into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and that field in Pennsylvania. Many lives were lost on that tragic day, and the repercussions are still felt across the world. Now many of our members were either too young or unborn at the time of the attack, but for those who do remember, please share your memories of where you were when you first heard about the attack and the impact that it had on your life.

And to the friends and families that lost people on that day, we honor you as heroes.

Dannflower Reguba

I was...... 5 at the time, sitting in the liveing room wondering what was going on. My Dad explained it and I asked more questions.... But couldn't understand the idea of terrorism in and of itself... And I still don't.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

redwallgurl

I was young at that time like 1 or 2 years old. My family and I were there a week before glad we planned early.... I asked my Dad what he did on that day and he said he took me in my stroller for a walk aorund the nieghborhood.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Wisteria Wild Cat

All I can remember, were my parents freaking out, staring at the TV. But now.... I just don't understand why all of the people had to die. My heart and prayers go out to those people, and families.  :'( :'( :'(
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

SpiderMonkey

As others have said, my hearts go out to the families that have lost their loved ones.  I don't remember where I was on this day 11 years ago, but I do know that it was my Grandma's birthday, so I was probably doing something to celebrate that.  Terrible birthday present!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Redwallfan7

My prayers and thoughts go out to anyone who has lost loved ones on this day.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dawnwing

I was 9 at the time, in a 5th-grade reading class.  They brought in a TV and we were excited because we thought it was a movie, but it was the news - the attacks had just happened within the last half hour.  That evening my dad helped my grandparents set up their TV because they'd gotten a satellite dish, and the first thing on was the news.  As we drove home, he told me just how bad it was and what it meant for the US, and that's when I first really began to understand the magnitude of what I'd seen.  I can't imagine being there.  My heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones that day.

Tiria Wildlough

I was nearly one year old, living in Cambodia. I had no idea what was happening, of course.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

I was in 12th grade English when it happened and didn't see anything about it until lunch because they had a huge tv in the cafeteria, and there was talk of it.  I remember understanding what happened, not exactly why it happened (wasn't a big news guy at the time so I didn't know a lot of what was going on in the first place).  It was a needless tragedy that did not need to happen, but we have made great strides since then to assure it doesn't reoccur.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Coobreedan

I was only 1, unaware that such a horrible event was going on. In about 2007, on this day, I asked what 9/11 was. My mum said it was the day that a plane crashed into the twin towers. I though of 'crashed' as an accident and it was in 2010 that I finnaly found out. It made me angry, upset and confused.

R.I.P to everyone who lost their lives in this disastrous event.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

W0NWILL

A moment of silence....Terrorism is a terrible thing, and lives are a terrible thing to waste.

Dannflor

I was one at the time don't even recall it but I have known it happened since I was Seven It was Not a Happy day
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Redwallfan7

My parents and brother and I took a tour of the 9 11 memorial site when we went to NYC in December 2010.

Dannflower Reguba

I saw it this year on our Vacation.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This