News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Celtic Woman

Started by Icefire, September 02, 2011, 05:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

Anyone else super excited for Believe?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

White One6193

Quote from: Icefire on September 05, 2011, 07:45:38 PM
Quote from: Nightfire on September 05, 2011, 03:45:37 PM
Oh, DULAMAN!!!!! Did you know, if you translate the words of the song, then Dulaman actually means Seaweed. ;D
Have you ever translated the whole song? They have it translated in the piano book. One of the verses cracks me up. For those of you who don't know, part of the song is a conversation between a girl's dad and a guy who's trying to win the girl's heart and the part I'm refering to is translated:
"I sent a message to her that I would buy a comb for her
The message she sent back to me was that her hair was combed already"
I love that response!
Quote from: White One6193 on September 05, 2011, 02:16:41 AM
Mo Ghile Mear for me. I wish they'd do "What Child is This".
Méav has recorded Greensleeves which is the same tune, but I agree-What Child is this is an awesome song!

Really? ...hmm... I'll have to see if it's on Itunes.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Icefire

It's on her album entitled "Celtic Woman Presents: A Celtic Journey"

Nightfire

So far, there is only one song by Celtic Woman that I hate. And that song is "Nil Se'n La." Now, before you guys get all outraged and huffy, let me explain. If you listen carefully to the words, it is an Irish drinking song. It's a great tune, but I hate the words.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

Hey, hey, hey! What's so wrong? With one more drinkin' song!

Sorry, hearing Nightfire say that reminded me of that song. ^^Really that's a country song.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Icefire

Quote from: Nightfire on September 08, 2011, 09:19:35 PM
So far, there is only one song by Celtic Woman that I hate. And that song is "Nil Se'n La." Now, before you guys get all outraged and huffy, let me explain. If you listen carefully to the words, it is an Irish drinking song. It's a great tune, but I hate the words.
I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Nightfire! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tune to that song, but I don't choose to listen to it because of the words. :P

Quote from: Redwall Musician on September 03, 2011, 08:44:48 PM
So Celtic Woman does Christmas songs? What are the names of those. (I'm a huge Christmas music listener, so I might have heard them)
Missed this comment.
Yes, they do sing Christmas music. They're christmas album is called "A Christmas Celebration".
My favorites off of that album are:
1. Christmas Pipes
2. Carol of the Bells
3. Don Oíche Úd I mBeithil (That Night In Bethlehem)
And I happen to know all 3 are on YouTube if you're interested. ;D

Nightfire

Sunset of Gold!  ;D I love that song. It actually reminds me of that one animated movie, Tangled. It's remarkably like that song that is playing while Rapunzel and Eugene are sitting in that boat watching the floating lanterns.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

In answer to a question Nightfire asked weeks ago, I don't like The Call because it's so vague. Who's calling and why? I've heard multiple answers to that question, but never one from the composer himself. I rarely like a song before I know what it means to say and that song never comes right out and explains itself. :P Most other by them are explainable or are known to be nonsense, but that one...

By the way, I'm going to have to disagree with you, Nightfire. Now I see the Light from Tangled is a song about the two of them finally "finding love" and Sunset of Gold is a song where the two talk about escaping the world together. I'd have to say they're very different.

Órla Fallon's North American tour started on Friday. Anyone here going to go see her?

Nightfire

I'm talking about the tune, not the words.  :P
And I like to think that the voice calling in the song The Call is the voice of Jesus. You know how he is always calling people 'my child' in the Bible. That's what I like to think, anyway.

Shinella

I LOVE the series!!! =D great songs.. my faves!!! :D
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Icefire on September 28, 2011, 05:01:55 AM
Órla Fallon's North American tour started on Friday. Anyone here going to go see her?
Oh man...I wish I could. But I don't live in North America. :( I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time. >:(
My updated favourites list:

1. Siulil a Run
2. Send Me A Song
3. One World
4. The Last Rose of Summer/Walking in the Air (or something like that)
5. The Voice
6. The Ashoken Farewell/The Contradiction
7. The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun
8. The Call
9. Si Do Mhaimeo I
10. Orinoco Flow

That took a LOT of tweaking. :D ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

Listening to The Voice right now. I'd never heard of Celtic Woman until now, and like Icefire says:
CELTIC WOMAN IS AWESOME!!!!!!
Not that mush of my sort of thing really, but it is an epic soundtrack for the Redwall series!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Icefire

Welcome to the ranks of CW fans, Coobreedan! ;) ;D

Nightfire, I see what you mean! It's not really the tune so much as the voices. Lynn and....whatshisname do have similar singing styles to the singers of Now I See the Light. And that interpretation of the Call is one of the interpretations I've heard and the one I lean towards, but not the only one I've heard nor the one I've heard the most....They don't say "my child" in the Call! You must be thinking of The Voice.

@ Tiria: I do live in North America and I still probably can't see her! She's even doing 3 shows in my state and I can't get to any of them either because I have something going already or because I have no transportation. :'(
Siuil a Ruin was my first CW song!!!!!! It's still my favorite Órla solo. Do you prefer Órla's version or Lisa's version?

Nightfire

Oops, I guess I accidentally tohught of the Voice. But I actually like to think of both the Call and the Voice as being the call and voice of Jesus calling out to you nd speaking to you.

Icefire

Ok, I would say that's ok for the Call, but it's been made clear by the composer that he was refering to "Mother Nature" when he wrote The Voice....And besides think of these lines:
I am the voice of the past that will always be
Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields
I am the voice of the future
Bring me your peace
Bring me your peace and my wounds, they will heal.

Does that really sound like Jesus?