Redwall optioned for film

Started by LordTBT, July 09, 2014, 12:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JangoCoolguy

The Skarzs

Well. . .
I certainly hope it goes through, as I for one would love to see another Redwall film.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

I hope that this works out! I'd definitely watch it!!

BTW nice article, TBT ;)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Dannflower Reguba

Finally! I knew someone had the rights to it, but it's been taking forever! Really hope they follow through on this, really want to see what modern animation (my assumption would be that it's animated, but CGI will be heavy even if it isn't technically animated) could do with the world of Redwall. They're gonna need some decent voices.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

JangoCoolguy

*checks article and sees update*

Bigger UMM-MMMM!!  :o

We shouldn't get too excited just yet, but at least it's something!

Jukka the Sling

Oh, wow! This is awesome! I so hope they actually make a movie! :D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

What did Jango just say? Don't get too excited or you'll be more disappointed.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Hush, Skarzs! I'll get as excited as I want too! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Gonff the Mousethief

YES YES YES!!! This is SOOO exiting! I hoe they do it!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 10, 2014, 01:20:24 AM
What did Jango just say? Don't get too excited or you'll be more disappointed.
Yeah, I know Redwall has a disappointing history of failed film adaptations, but I can still get excited about this latest news, right? ;D *Screams excitedly*
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Yeah! *Squeals, the grabs Jukka's paws and dances happy dance*

Mister Cheese

*keeps fingers crossed and knocks on wood*

Rusvul

Be excited, if you like, but keep in mind the Hype Train's final stop is almost always disappointment in some way.